What is the newcomers / veterans ratio of Civ5 ?

Are you a newcomer (see post) or a veteran player ?

• Newcomer

Votes: 24 27.3%
  • Veteran

Votes: 64 72.7%

• Total voters
well... I voted Veteran, BUT, I dont know if I qualify since I played only civ2 before. PLayed a lot tho, but when Civ 3 came out I didnt bothert buy it since I was extreamly busy at work, and I knew how much time I would have spent playing... time I didnt have!

So Im sort of a veteran but that have been innactive for almost a decade!

The trouble with this poll is it is really asking if veterans or newcomers use this site. It is going to be interesting to see what comes up though.

btw. I am a legit vet buying the classic CivRev on the xbox360. I played as Mao on Emperor difficulty. It sounds weird, but I liked that diplomacy system more than the one in Civ 5. In that one, 20 turns before you would win, everyone would form a coalition against you. Now, they couldn't be bothered to win the game.

I started with Civ4, so I'm barely a veteran. :D

I started on Civ Rev, before being an early Civ V adopter (pre-ordered). Later I bought 4 complete (all expansions), but could never get into it. I'm slowly enjoying working my way up the difficulty levels on V with expansions (usually with months in break between heavy bursts of play). Officially a new comer, by this metric :)

Im a vet.. I started playing civilization since civilization 1. I've played all civilizations except civilization 3.

Played Civ Rev on 360, got Civ V with all expansions and maps for Christmas 2 years ago (2013) so I'm a newb.

well... I voted Veteran, BUT, I dont know if I qualify since I played only civ2 before. PLayed a lot tho, but when Civ 3 came out I didnt bothert buy it since I was extreamly busy at work, and I knew how much time I would have spent playing... time I didnt have!

So Im sort of a veteran but that have been innactive for almost a decade!

I started with Civ4, so I'm barely a veteran. :D

I started on Civ Rev, before being an early Civ V adopter (pre-ordered). Later I bought 4 complete (all expansions), but could never get into it. I'm slowly enjoying working my way up the difficulty levels on V with expansions (usually with months in break between heavy bursts of play). Officially a new comer, by this metric :)

Played Civ Rev on 360, got Civ V with all expansions and maps for Christmas 2 years ago (2013) so I'm a newb.

You are all veterans. Technically you should have bought one Civ game though.

Your parameters are weird and don`t include various possibilities.

I bought Civ1 (played that for ages) and 2, but didn`t get 3, but got 4 and then Civ 5.

I also still get defeated by the AI and have never beaton Emperor.

Does that make me a Vet? You decide.

Played all mainstream Civ games.

Once I start a new one I never go back to a previous version as the game mechanics are so different. Tried starting a game of Civ 4 (my fav) the other day and my mind just froze and I didn't know what on earth to do!

started with civilization (first game explored the continent with my first settler until it got destroyed after a few centuries. In my 2nd game I found out about founding cities. :))

Enjoyed civ2 immensely (started modding for even more fun)

Call to Power 1 and 2 had many great new Ideas but the presentation was sometimes a little dry. (Many fond memories: enslaved PoW and put them to work, started surprise attacks with orbital insertion, used spyplanes and searchtowers(?) for reconnaissance, colonized the oceans, build deep sea mines, plasma destroyers, hover tanks (could enter ocean over continental shelf), used bureaucrats to stop production in foreign cities .. :D)

Civ evolution - fantastic, free, innovative, and fun game with extremely hard NONcheating AI!

skipped civ4 (my PC could not handle 3d) and started last year with civ5 again as the linux version come out - have already more then 1000 hours :/ not sure if I should be proud or ashamed of 'wasting' so much time ..

Civ 1 - Played this with my dad as a kid, and eventually came back to it just for laughs a few years ago but without any serious playing.

Alpha Centauri - Played this quite a bit and had a ton of fun with it.

Civ 3 - Loved this one, started coming to civfanatics and began improving to upper difficulties.

Civ 4 - Put a lot of time in it and with the help of civfanatics began winning games on Immortal before burning out.

Civ 5 - Played it for 4-5 months when it first came out then picked it up again about half a year ago. I stumbled across Let's Plays which helped me make that final jump into deity and kept me intrigued by the game. Have to give props to Marbozir for entertainment.

^^Your dad was there? Aww that's great, man. I wish my dad could've been there to play civ 1 with me.

I bought Civ 4 and all the expansion a while ago. They were on 80% sale and I thought it would be a great game. I sucked and didn't play it a lot.

Recently bought Civ 5 Gold Edition on Steam for $13 and started to like the game, so, I'm a new comer ;)

Been playing since III.

Haven't played V in a while but still play IV frequently.

I have noticed a large influx of new players in multiplayer. Most likely due to the game coming down in price quite a bit after BE came out. There are still a lot of veterans playing but they are definitely being drastically outnumbered.

Never played a Civ game until I picked up Civ V last November on sale. Play mostly Deity at this point, sometimes Immortal/Emperor if I want to mess around.

Top Bottom