Minecraft

It was also likely just imported, not actually built. For a real 'whoah' check out the 16-bit ALU some guy built in minecraft.

Yeah, that was pretty clever. And he's going to add more components later, lol.

Look what I made today!

You need two to play multiplayer which is currently the only way to have more than 1 person on a single map. With that being said, SMP is currently pretty broken, with no health, tons of bugs, lags, etc.

So I got the game. Is there a way for me and my girlfriend to play together in survival mode building up through LAN or something? Share a world?

I only have one copy of the game... I hope I don't need two?

You can play a succession game with one copy. Other than that, you will need two to play simultaneously. SMP is not very functional, but it is quite fun nevertheless.

So Notch released an early screenshot of the hell dimension coming out at halloween:

Spoiler :

I think Notch is going to turn the current torches into the everlasting torches

lanterns, or something, from twitter. anway that teaser pic looks so sexy

I'm really not fond of the whole "torches run out" thing. This is one of those seems-like-a-good-idea thing that is actually not fun. Anyway, we'll see...

Yeah, realistic, but would be a pain if you're deep in a cave desperately looking for coal, and you're on an island chain with few trees.

Yeah, realistic, but would be a pain if you're deep in a cave desperately looking for coal, and you're on an island chain with few trees.

The torches can be relit

i actually bought the game!
paid 10€ just because the free version was so ... strangely fun and the survival videos looked interesting.

i was fascinated by dwarven fortress but i never played it because it's user interface was too hideous and not interfacing with me at all, so i hope that minecraft will evolve in that direction.

hell, it's a bloody alpha and i still bought it! :D

Is anyone here able to host a CFC MP server?

Someone I know has one running, but Ill leave it up to him to decide if he wants to make it more public. Ill ask him when he gets online.

Be careful when giving out server info as people might grief it and set fire to forests and flood places with water and lava.

Top Bottom