Why I am still here (10 years+) New ideas to share?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A state can collapse even without a war like the Roman Empire fell by a coup , or like the Soviet Union ended for internal reasons and the bankruptcy of the state , this should be simulated ! I am ready for discussion
The Roman Empire did not have a coup-d’-etat, no way. Rome was like the Soviets in the way that they crumbled on the inside, same with every empire, which is done in the way of Dark Ages (I think) in R&F.

For example, Spain once had the most powerful navy. In the 1980s, my history teacher had a friend who spent time in the Spanish “Navy” - Spain had only 2 military submarines - both of them were granted by the USA. One of them was actually functional, the other was junk and used as extra parts in case the first submarine was damaged.

What I’m trying to say here is that Civ already has this.

Planes should be able to destroy roads and specific targets factories, barracks, and bridges , and ports, plus they should put units, irregular maquis fighting in occupied territory

Things that should be introduced in civ 7 : dynasties, or dynastic crises to justify civil wars , religion ,: schisms , simulations resources , and processed products . Market slaves , ethnicities , and cultural minorities , make sure that the growth of empires is not fast , survival and creation city states , and nations, larger but average examples Belgium , or Czechoslovakia, create more political governments , not simple bonuses to change government , revolutions , birth and fall of empires realistic example Mongolian empire

Things that should be introduced in civ 7 : dynasties, or dynastic crises to justify civil wars , religion ,: schisms , simulations resources , and processed products . Market slaves , ethnicities , and cultural minorities , make sure that the growth of empires is not fast , survival and creation city states , and nations, larger but average examples Belgium , or Czechoslovakia, create more political governments , not simple bonuses to change government , revolutions , birth and fall of empires realistic example Mongolian empire
In your hypothetical civilization game, who or what would I be playing as exactly? Old World has dynasties but it's a family ruling either Egypt or Babylon etc. If I start the game as a ruling dynasty of Babylon and then somehow get overthrown through a revolution and government change do I just lose?

If I start the game as a ruling dynasty of Babylon and then somehow get overthrown through a revolution and government change do I just lose?
No, of course not. In this view of the game, as it seems to be couched, you would no doubt become Saddam Hussein in such a case. :p

In your hypothetical civilization game, who or what would I be playing as exactly? Old World has dynasties but it's a family ruling either Egypt or Babylon etc. If I start the game as a ruling dynasty of Babylon and then somehow get overthrown through a revolution and government change do I just lose?

You would be forced to follow a policy if from monarchy to parliamentary republic you have to follow parliament for certain policies, it can not declare war because you want

You would be forced to follow a policy if from monarchy to parliamentary republic you have to follow parliament for certain policies, it can not declare war because you want
So, I would have no control over my government switching? And then I might have no control over my game after that because of my parliament?
Yeah, I'll think I'll pass on that game if I am forced through all of this.

So, I would have no control over my government switching? And then I might have no control over my game after that because of my parliament?
Yeah, I'll think I'll pass on that game if I am forced through all of this.
In civ 1 you couldn't declare war if you were a republic since when is a revolution controllable? You can influence it not control it , like a civil war

Guys... revolution is not a must and not all governments allow you to attack others.

We need a less direct, more realistic political game. Not everything can be controlled by a single person not even a dictator. We need to overcome the management system of the 90s, political history is much more complex, the economic and political processes are very complex

We need a less direct, more realistic political game. Not everything can be controlled by a single person not even a dictator. We need to overcome the management system of the 90s, political history is much more complex, the economic and political processes are very complex
Again, I don't think WE need that, but that YOU seem to be gravitating to different game than Civ.

Government should be political impersonal much should be left to ai and events, especially events because if a king or president dies and unpredictable, the economy should also change, depending on centuries , and trends

Government should be political impersonal much should be left to ai and events, especially events because if a king or president dies and unpredictable, the economy should also change, depending on centuries , and trends
How best to simulate a civil war from the fighting states in China , to the war of the two roses in England , to the South American Liberation Wars , to the Russian Revolution, and the Russian Civil War?

How best to simulate a civil war from the fighting states in China , to the war of the two roses in England , to the South American Liberation Wars , to the Russian Revolution, and the Russian Civil War?
You're still blowing in the wind.

You're still blowing in the wind.
told by a person who has only played 3 versions of civ, it does not have the slightest historical basis , go back to parlale . of the uniforms, and the beards of the leaders, your dullness does not serve afar advance civilization

and the beards of the leaders
No, but seriously, who do you think has the best beard game?

Spoiler Sid Meier's Hair Salon VI :

images (20).jpeg

images (21).jpeg

images (22).jpeg

images (23).jpeg

images (24).jpeg

images (25).jpeg

told by a person who has only played 3 versions of civ, it does not have the slightest historical basis , go back to parlale . of the uniforms, and the beards of the leaders, your dullness does not serve afar advance civilization
It's not my opinion, but an observable fact that you've mostly been tuned out by this thread in general. And that's 4 iterations, but that'a a complete irrelevancy, and downright bizarre to bring up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom