Deity Huge map

mbalazs

Chieftain
Hy all!
I think every civ strategians ultimate challenge is to win on deity on large map.
For practice I tried deity tiny& small with aztecs& persians conquest. The game was quite manageable (~11000-9000pt)so I skipped standard& large and start immediatelly the huge.

But it wasn't so easy then I thought...

Good guides like Did; civsrating; how to win: a short guide; Revised strategy for Emperor and Deity levels which is mostly a militaristic solution is writed for tiny to standard game. You should modify it.

Great problem is the huge distance between the civs. My ancient army (Jaguar warriors) isn't able to reach a civ in time.(no road)
Another problem is being turned out to a continent with only 1 or 2 civs. (I can solve this choosing pangaea).
Another one if we don't get iron or horses that wasn't unsolveable on tiny or small maps but it is on huge map.

I think we should mix the militaristic solution with some building . Let them just build the roads as logistic. But I think i can forget the aztecs& persians (too early or slow).

So I thought to write here for help. With which civ and how do you win on deity large?

(1)Maybe I can choose celtic(PTW) or iroquis with a later conquest.

(2)Or even later chinese or japanese

(3)Or something much more different and focusing to the economy like egyipt(rel, ind) with less war.

Which one? Which way?

Thanx for any help or thoughts!
Balazs

I have been struggling for a while to beat Deity level. I won my first ever game on deity on a standard map - still not sure how it happened but I was at constant war with shifting alliances for a long time, and also the AI made a terrible mistake wasting time researching miniaturization and genetics in the Modern Age allowing me to win the Space Race by using ICBMs as pre-builds for Spaceship components. I regarded it as a total fluke and I tried several times to beat deity afterwards with no success.

My problem was simply that the AI expands too fast and gets too much culture too early in the game - I have to trade away everything I have for tech and concentrate on building infrastructure so by the time I am in the industrial ages and building up large amounts of cavalry/tanks the AI is usually already in the modern age and gets a diplomatic or space race win.

I recently won again on Deity, Huge Map - it was a diplomatic victory because for once I managed to keep up on tech and build the United Nations first, and because I had never gone to war with anyone they all loved me. However I think I was very lucky because my fourth city was on the coast beside 5 incense resources, and all the other civs were desperate for incense so I was able to trade this for all the tech and resources I needed.

I don't like early wars - in fact I almost never go to war until I have factories and coal plants and can start seriously out-producing my enemies. On deity I've found this strategy takes too long and by the time I've got my production rolling I have already lost the game. But I'm not sure how to win an early war on deity when the AI has so many extra units and bonuses. Any hints on this, anyone? I've got the whole settler factory thing down pretty well by now but I think I need some war tips on deity.

I find this level very frustrating but I don't like to play on anything lower now as I can pretty much guarantee to win every time on Emperor.

I solved my problem.
When I started the huge map I changed the version 1.07 to 1.29 and it crashes my militaristic strategy(no city trades, AI don't ask for peace every time, the corruption is not so high but its equal for me)
I changed back to 1.07 & I can handle the game in huge map as in old times.
(with iroquis)

After I will finish it I change to the new 1.29 but it is a new world to me . I think i have to build sometimes instead of constant war.

It' s a pity. Do you have any idea to make the militaristic solution effective in 1.29 version.

Balazs

Originally posted by mbalazs
Do you have any idea to make the militaristic solution effective in 1.29 version.

Have you tried reading the threads in the HOF discussion forum? The top diety huge map scores are using Ottomans and conquest (and a lot of great strategy that was well executed).

Top Bottom