Does anybody else like to use the pop-ups?

Civ4 popups: Yes or No?

• Yes

Votes: 13 65.0%
  • No

Votes: 7 35.0%

• Total voters

GenericKen

Not at all suspicious
I've been playing around with my interface preferences lately to try to speed up my multiplayer play, and I just can't pull myself away from the pop-ups. I'd much prefer to select a new build off a list than try to decipher all the random, un-ordered little icons in the AoE style build-menus.

What do you guys use?

I like them, but they do sometimes get on my nerves...
Still, they're more useful than they are annoying...

I use pop-ups more than I probably should but I do find them much more useful then going to tech tree or build menu and trying to sort out what I am gonna build or research

I mostly use the pop-ups for selecting what to build in a city, but I am none too fond of the Civic popups, I think they go the opposite direction, in not providing as much information as the Civic screen does. Quite often I am looking at the impact to my upkeep as one of the main factors when I am considering a Civic switch, and the Civic popup doesn't provide that. I also tend to switch to multiple Civics at the same time, especially when I know new Civics are coming up that I will want to switch too, but I don't want to go through multiple periods of Anarchy.

The City build popups give you all the information you need, the only time I select builds from the City screen is when I want to change something I have already started building, or if I want to queue up several builds.

Top Bottom