Beta: The Epic Mod of Epic Proportions

FYI AC can be upgraded to cavs. Not sure, if that is what you wanted or not as it does not have the hyperlink for upgrading. I only realized it by accident. I sent what I thought was a knight and upgraded.

I then saw it was an AC and I tried another and boom. BTW the way I thought I was crazy, looking all around for this thread.

Warning we have hidden ground units. What types and what can detect them? I sent an army out to attack a stack and ran into one, well actually 2. Can they attack towns?

Edit:

I found it seems to be Ninja units. It says normal units cannot detect them, but not who can. I presume I would have to build a Ninja of my own to flush them out.

There is the Shaman unit. Look him up. He can detect invisible units.

And thank you Blue Monkey. I though betas could be in the Mod section though.

And thank you Blue Monkey. I though betas could be in the Mod section though.
I think you'll actually get more help testing it from the main forum. Many people won't bother playing an unfinished scenario they find in the subforum.

There is the Shaman unit. Look him up. He can detect invisible units.

I check, as I can no longer make Ninja anyway.

PS

just my .02, but I went looking for all the towns that may have a rax that no longer need one and that tiny gold symbol is not so easy to find in some place.

I dn't think it's that hard, I actually think It stands out well against the dark backround.

I'm thinking about making the mercenary units (the ninjas, shaman, ronin, ect.) available only autoproduced by buildings.

I'm thinking about making the mercenary units (the ninjas, shaman, ronin, ect.) available only autoproduced by buildings.

May be a way to go as I have killed a lot of them so far. I cannot make shaman as you need dyes.

running on 1920 res I find a few are very hard to spot, look at Athens.

Well I can see them, :p . But seriously. If you know where to look for them, then it shouldn't be that hard.

Very nice work! I will have to dl your Beta and give it a whirl when I get a chance.

Thanks, Moff. And by the way, how's adding the music working for you in your mod?

I am not sure what constitutes a complete mod, but this one met the level of the other ones as far as I can tell. I finished the game, no crashes. I do not recall that in any other mods I have played.

Virtually all have some level of pedia completeness issues. I played out to domination and a little past as I was thinking of trying to see all the techs, but I finally decided that was going to take too much time.

I did get as far as the first tier in the last age. Of course I only played one nation, so many units were never built as well as some structures and wonders.

Meteor Man said:
by the way, how's adding the music working for you in your mod?

I've seem to have run into some trouble for some reason. The first song on the playlist I created in the Music.txt file plays fine but the second song doesn't play. Now that I've released the Beta of my WW1 scenario I can go back to WW2 Global - Reloaded and maybe play around some more with the music.

You did a great job converting all of these files for me and I'm very thankful. I suspect that perhaps I need to change the order that they are played or maybe shorten the titles so that the game can play them?

I read somewhere a while back, I think on the Storm Over Civ forum, that to get the soundtrack to work properly in game you must install all the music files at once into the "build" folder in the scenario folder and the music.txt must also go in at the same time. I'm going to try that out and see if that does the trick.

That sounds kind of strange...nevertheless, good luck.

vmxa: Happy there's no crashes. and glad you finished the game. thanks for all the constructive comments.

Indeed, after deleting the song I chose for the top of the music.txt list the remaining soundtrack worked fine. Now I can upload my WW2 Global Reloaded soundtrack thanks to your help Meteor. ;)

Update:

I'm adding the next version right now with some fixes, but most importantly, added some small wonders that produce mercenaries (no more armies of invisible ninjas), and completely changed the look of the game. I'll post new screenshots in a sec.

I'll re-upload everything tomorrow.

Until then, here's a teaser:

Spoiler :

nifty. are you making this mod with a world map anytime soon?

Yes, I'm doing all the modifications added to the original to the world map as well. Uploading now...

All those splashes were done by me, just FYI. ;)

Okay, it's done! Check it out, first post.

Top Bottom