8.3x Bugs Thread

Encounterd a bug with tolerant (or probably captured Units) and Mazatl citys. (Probably true for other races also)
A Priesthood Unit (like Confessor) can sacreficed to build theyr tempel, even if racial blocked, inside Mazatl citys.
Dont know if this is already reported or if it can even be fixed.

consider it a feature of the Tolerant trait ;)

Patch 8.3
Emperor game with Bannor Turn 232 AC 92
This turn something strange happened, i believe a world spell has been casted that moved around all units that didnt resist it by some tile.
I had stacks of units and garrisons all over the city while i now have units moved by some tiles in each direction, i believe this happened to all civilizations.

Now this just happened that turn and i cant move any of my units so i have nothing more to do than end turn, which i do and i have some autocombats in sheiam territory with huge spellcasting and some combat, then the game hands up on "Waiting for other civilizations" and nothing more happens (cpu at max).
I tried that on two different computers and for more than 20 minutes waiting (usual waiting time for turns was 5 seconds) so i'm attaching here the savegame.

thanks for uploading the savegame. Fixed in Patch 8.31 (doesn't break saves).

Patch 8.30:

I'm playing as Furia the Mad as the Balseraph, and one of my created Stygian Guards has the promotion 'Weak' twice!

I play OCC with Korinna.
can't train Reborn.
Is this bug or not?

Consequence of OCC, I think. You need a Cathedral of Rebirth to build Reborn, and IIRC for a Cathedral you need 3 Hall of the Covenant buildings. But with only one city you can never have more than 1 HotC.

Patch 8.31:

I'm playing Ophelia of the Scions, and my Alcinus (Mage) created a skeleton. I got this Python exception:

Patch 8.31

When using the Advanced Start options, the only improvements that may be built during the pre-game segment are roads, camps, wineries, and swamps, regardless of what techs have been purchased. Civs that don't actually have the OPTION of building swamps have that shown as a possibility; trying to place any will simply fail. This is consistent across two different computers, and with all civs.

First game played in this manner was that Mazatl, where the Swamp bug didn't stand out as unusual, and I'm forced to wonder if that had something to do with it.

Patch 8.31:

Missing text in tooltip of the building 'Necropolis':

Here's some:

Code:
Majority of city becomes undead.  Harvested energies transform Health resources to hammers.

And an update for the STRATEGY text:

Code:
Harvested Life Energy: The production bonus appears as a "Harvested Life Energies" building.  The total bonus is based on the variety of Health Resources (plus Life mana) available to the city.

Here's some:

Code:
Majority of city becomes undead.  Harvested energies transform Health resources to hammers.

HELP TAG & TEXT CREATED
And an update for the STRATEGY text:

Code:
Harvested Life Energy: The production bonus appears as a "Harvested Life Energies" building.  The total bonus is based on the variety of Health Resources (plus Life mana) available to the city.
STRATEGY TAG UPDATED

Tarq,

Shall I enter these text entries?

Consequence of OCC, I think. You need a Cathedral of Rebirth to build Reborn, and IIRC for a Cathedral you need 3 Hall of the Covenant buildings. But with only one city you can never have more than 1 HotC.

in OCC.
The Great Library needs one Library.
Theatre of Dreams needs one Theatre.
The Eyes and Ears Network needs one Inn.
and
Cathedral of Rebirth needs one Hall of the Covenant.

I say,
I construct Cathedral of Rebirth. but can't train Reborn.
Is this bug or not?

I found a bug w/r/t the Fey and the Wild Hunt:

Unit support costs do not go away - even after the spell is over and the units are dead. I tried reloading a few turns before the duration ended and deleted all the units - still no luck. Is this a feature/penalty?

Either there are multiple pieces of Barnaxus, or he can be rebuild without them:
Spoiler :

I guess it's no longer relevant, but the current AI placement code doesn't yield best results:
Spoiler :

I guess it's no longer relevant, but the current AI placement code doesn't yield best results:
Spoiler :

Aside from the fact that the city is on a desert tile, that seems like a decent spot to me. With the 3-tile range on Kuriotate cities, that town has access to plenty of food and hammers as well as at least two resources (not including the Pyre).

Game hangs upon end turn. Can move around map while waiting for other civs, look at civilopedia, access main menu etc... indicating cpu is not working. It's an odd bug, never had it happen before. Ive tried deleting stephanos, turned off autosave and delay the birth of the great prophet by one turn amongst other things. It builds the new units, and buildings, but then the globe just spins, and the computing stops. everything runs clean and smooth, can even go into world builder, just no way to enact diplomacy or play somnium, and the message says "wiating for other civs", but the spinny globe still works as a cursor.

And I was reading some people talking about mAF's, (this is not one), and 1000+ kb size. Looking through the folder I see this would be the first autosave attempt beyond 1000kb

Attachments

• Darxado AD-0350.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1,008.2 KB · Views: 38
Top Bottom