A Babylon 5 Mod for the Final Frontier Mod

Hey modders, I love Babylon 5 and have played the 3.0 version of the mod, and I want to update to 3.3, but the download corrupted and I can't extract it. I just want to know if this is only happening to me or if the download is actually broken. Keep up the good work, and I hope someone can fix this soon.

-WC

Same here. The megafileupload link links to a corrupt file. The civfanatics link is broken.

Hey modders, I love Babylon 5 and have played the 3.0 version of the mod, and I want to update to 3.3, but the download corrupted and I can't extract it. I just want to know if this is only happening to me or if the download is actually broken. Keep up the good work, and I hope someone can fix this soon.

-WC

Same here. The megafileupload link links to a corrupt file. The civfanatics link is broken.

The CivFanatics link seems to be a broken redirect to http://sourceforge.net/projects/babylon5mod-for-civ4/files/latest/download?source=files so maybe this direct link could work better?

The sourceforge file is also corrupt.

Hi all, apologies for the delay in responding. This is troubling news, especially on top of narrowly avoiding losing all my progress to date.
I'll find a better hosting site that is friendlier to the mod. Will post again once I have some news.

Hi all, I have an update for you, some if it is good news some of it is bad news.

The good news first. I have reinstalled everything on my new HD and now have an older working version of the B5 mod. I will be hosting the next version from my own dropbox.

Now the bad news. The older version of the B5 mod I have 3.0 isn't complete. I'm rebuilding a lot of the xml files as they were not recoverable from my old HD. Any release now would be inferior to the last version I did upload. This also means I won't have it ready before Christmas as I previously stated.

I have some time off coming up, like most of us do and will be aiming to get the mod back online early in the new year.

Happy Christmas everyone.

Well, the first of the two download links works; I have the nice shiny zip on my desktop... but it's asking me for a password and/or a control file? :)

Well, the first of the two download links works; I have the nice shiny zip on my desktop... but it's asking me for a password and/or a control file? :)

7z just says "can't open the archive"... :crazyeye:

(Oh and I'm on Win7 as my crappy PC can't install Win8.1.)

Is it possible to get a somewhat recent version uploaded from someone that has it then? Even if it is an older version, I want to try this mod out. B5 is by far my favorite show.

Edit: As can be seen by my signature, which I forgot about XD

Is it possible to get a somewhat recent version uploaded from someone that has it then? Even if it is an older version, I want to try this mod out. B5 is by far my favorite show.

Edit: As can be seen by my signature, which I forgot about XD

I'm close to having the next release ready, still balancing the events that I've added and making sure all the texts are correct.

I'm close to having the next release ready, still balancing the events that I've added and making sure all the texts are correct.

Sweet, I very much look forward to it :)

Hi all, not sure if this will help any of you but the quote posted below is in relation to the Final Frontier Plus Modcomp, which the B5 Mod uses as a base. It's a few things that have been tried to get a mod working for those of you whom use steam. Hope some of you will find this useful.

I just started playing Civ4 a month ago and recently found this mod. Big thank you to you guys for working on this over the years, it's a great mod!

I had issues installing on a steam installation and wanted to post what I did, because I encountered a bunch of the issues other have been having, but none of the solutions in the posts worked.

What didn't work:

I installed using the installer for 1.83. It gave an error about a missing folder ("\mods\final frontier\") and then looked like it installed successfully. Upon launching the game, it gave a cfg error and then hung.

I tried using the standalone zip install for 1.83. The game loaded, but there were no planets and a borked UI.

What worked:

I installed using the 1.83 installer. First I had to copy the Final Frontier mod to "c:\mods\final frontier" from "c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization iv beyond the sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Final Frontier"

When specifying a location to install, use "\Steam\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization iv beyond the sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods". The installer should automatically add "\Final Frontier Plus"

After this, the installer for the 1.84 and 1.9beta patches each worked.

Hope this helps!
-Ben

Hi Ashell, is this a problem when installing the mod or a problem when trying to launch the mod?

No, i didn't get that far. When i download the 7zip file, i cannot extract it. Winrar and 7zip said it is damaged.
(win 7 64 and 32 bit tried both)

No, i didn't get that far. When i download the 7zip file, i cannot extract it. Winrar and 7zip said it is damaged.
(win 7 64 and 32 bit tried both)

Sounds like the hosting process used at the moment is corrupting things or my Windows 10 is not quite as user friendly for previous versions of windows.

It's been a while, any ideal on when there might be a working download? I just tried and still, first one is corrupted, second one doesn't even load the page. :(

Top Bottom