Sukritact's Events and Decisions

The "Incompetent Diplomat" event doesn't seem to be working properly. I selected the "-20 influence and a free unit" option and I lost 20 influence but gained no unit. No crash this time so I don't know what to provide. Using the Community Patch.

The "Incompetent Diplomat" event doesn't seem to be working properly. I selected the "-20 influence and a free unit" option and I lost 20 influence but gained no unit. No crash this time so I don't know what to provide. Using the Community Patch.
This is a known issue; though one whose cause is unknown...

Would it be possible to add in events like the ones in Communitas, where you get to pick a certain yield on a certain tile?
Yes; but I have no desire to do so personally. Anyone may make a modmod adding that if they feel like it.

I might have to look into that!

On an unrelated topic, I just had an awesome moment when browsing the Cities: Skylines workshop page, finding an awesome looking Leaning Tower asset mod, and realising who the author was.

If I may ask one little thing - what was the ratio behind Catherine's "Found the Streltsy" decision? I doesn't see any synergy between that decision and vanilla's Russia uniques.

Wouldn't be better to give Catherine another UU - I'm thinking of something like Persia Savaran decision - preferably unit which require iron to build (to account double iron quantity form UA).

I thought that good remedy could be using one of the JFD russian civs but, unfortunately "Decree the Esablishment of the Smolny Institute doesn't seems to work at all (at least that Wonder doesn't shows up on civilpedia list) ;)

If I may ask one little thing - what was the ratio behind Catherine's "Found the Streltsy" decision? I doesn't see any synergy between that decision and vanilla's Russia uniques.

There doesn't always need to be synergy. This mod is for flavour, not for balance. As are most - if not all - other new civilisations that have unique decisions for that matter - even if they themselves are designed to be balanced towards vanilla civs.

It's unlikely there is anything he can do. The specific family of lua hooks used by the mod do not play nicely in multiplayer. I guess there might theoretically be a workaround, but I wouldn't expect it unless someone comes up with an amazing breakthrough.

That's really a shame. This has quickly become one of my fav mods, and despite being the only mod out of 40 that doesn't work in multiplayer, I can't imagine ever playing without it.

Does it have to do with the UI being almost radically different in multiplayer? They seemed to have gotten rid of a lot of the single-player popups in multi, is that where the .lua problem comes from? Poor game design?

That's really a shame. This has quickly become one of my fav mods, and despite being the only mod out of 40 that doesn't work in multiplayer, I can't imagine ever playing without it.

Does it have to do with the UI being almost radically different in multiplayer? They seemed to have gotten rid of a lot of the single-player popups in multi, is that where the .lua problem comes from? Poor game design?

It doesn't have anything to do with the UI. It's the lua events causing desyncs.

It doesn't have anything to do with the UI. It's the lua events causing desyncs.

Do random events not happen to the AI in single player games? I know they can use the Decisions part, i've seen stuff like the code of laws and other buildings in their cities.

Do random events not happen to the AI in single player games? I know they can use the Decisions part, i've seen stuff like the code of laws and other buildings in their cities.

Not talking about random events. Lua events like these examples (selected arbitrarily):
EndTurnTimerUpdate
AddPopupTextEvent
MultiplayerConnectionComplete

Functions can be hooked onto these.

Not talking about random events. Lua events like these examples (selected arbitrarily):
EndTurnTimerUpdate
AddPopupTextEvent
MultiplayerConnectionComplete

Functions can be hooked onto these.

Okay, so the issue is the functions or whatever don't have proper player targets attached to them?

Alright, I'm obviously not knowledgeable enough to be asking in-depth questions as to why it won't work, so i'll save people the trouble and cut to the chase:

How much money would I need to throw at the screen to get a multiplayer-working version? Because I know there's a lot of people out there who'd really like for this to be multiplayer compatable, and would likely agree that whoever does the work deserves to be paid way more than firaxis does.

I'm not saying single-player mods are pointless with the advent of the multiplayer mod fix, but if thats a thing now, shouldn't that be what any mod maker aspires to?

If it's really so much work, why not start a kickstarter? Or if that'd be illegal, just a simple donation box? I'd put in 60-100 dollars in that, or whatever money firaxis would want for civ 6, because I'm sure as hell not paying them a damn thing from now on, if they think they can just move on and not provide any multiplayer mod support of their own.

I'm unsure if it's even feasible; as it is the mod relies too heavily on randomness to run reliably in multiplayer games.

I'm sure that as long as Game.Rand() is used for any random number generation, then all players will obtain the same results, even for which random events pop up.

The currently more pressing issue is how to get data sent across the network; my discovery of Network.SendSellBuilding is a start, but it would be very hard to implement for a mod of this scale; you'd have to implement dummy buildings for every single decision type and every individual option for every random event. I'm still determined to find ways around this, though.

I have a problem with this mod. I can't use special decisions. Special decisions are not avabile. I don'y know why. For example: I can't use "camel archers" decisions as Arabia.

Top Bottom