CIV V > BNW > Nuclear weapons and World Congress

Galdaethar

Chieftain
Dear friends,

I just have experienced really something. My city was nuked by aggressive AI, despite the fact, that nuclear weapons were officially banned by The World Congress Resolution.

It just leaves me confused as it is difficult to find some details, which would at least suggest, that it is some kind of bug or it is possible, and therefore, it turns whole UN voting into the one big useless joke.

Can you, please, comment or bring some kind of enlightenment? Thank you very much.

Kind regards

J.

Yeah, the nuclear weapons treaty only prohibits the manufacture of nukes. Pre-existing ones can still be used. Its counter-intuitive but necessary for balance.

The UN proposal only bans further BUILDING of nuclear weapons. Any pre-built weapons can still be used.

Which leads me to one of my favorite strategies - build a ton of nukes, then ban them before AI's can build any. Now every single civ in the game fears you. :goodjob:

Any that were built before the resolution passed are legal. It just doesn't allow you to build more after it is passed. So you build a bunch and then pass it before the AI can build them and then they will all need new underpants.

Correct, I just found this magical sentence in the BNW materials:

- Nuclear Containment; No more nuclear bombs can be built; does not effect any already built.

Hmmm.... WOW!

Thank you all for your quick and great responses.

Top Bottom