AI happiness...

OsmarChito

Warlord
does anyone know if they lower the happiness for the ai? in the new expansion or is it the same as gnk?

It's reduced, I think someone posted the numbers, since the devs told us how it was changed a while ago.

I don't think they did. Or at least, not by very much. In my most recent game the happiness scoreboard came out ~turn 20 and everyone had insane :c5happy:
EDIT: Nevermind. Ninja'd

The starting happiness was actually increased from 9 to 12, which is why MantaRevan on turn 20 saw that it was very high.

What has drastically changed is the unhappiness. The AI originally only suffered something around 66% of unhappiness of a normal player and even 50% in Deity.

Now it's more around 90%-80% depending on difficulty.

So basically the AI can still expand without issues but it won't end up with 100 happiness with a huge empire anymore.

The starting happiness was actually increased from 9 to 12, which is why MantaRevan on turn 20 saw that it was very high.

What has drastically changed is the unhappiness. The AI originally only suffered something around 66% of unhappiness of a normal player and even 50% in Deity.

Now it's more around 90%-80% depending on difficulty.

So basically the AI can still expand without issues but it won't end up with 100 happiness with a huge empire anymore.

Actually, the combined factor for AI unhappiness was 51% for Emperor in G&K.

Now it's around 80%, so yes, big change, and you can see the change in dynamics in-game as a result. Very good change.

The AI has gotten better at managing their happiness, which somewhat offsets the change, but it does amount to fewer absurdly high happiness balances later in the game.

Top Bottom