Useful Patches for Civ 3 Conquests v1.22

Antal1987

Warlord
Hello, everybody!

Here I'm gonna release some useful patched for C3C v1.22.

Patch framework. Current version:
Patch_v8;

How to use:
Unzip it into the directory where Civ3Conquests.exe is located.

Previous versions:
Patch_v7; Source
Patch_v6_test
Patch_v5
Patch_v4
Patch_v3
Patch_v1 (Patch_v1 + No Raze) (Patch_v1 + No Raze + No City Limit)

Fix List of v8:
  1. + City Tiles Limit is now prodived by 2 options in INI file (see)
  2. + Function class_City::m14_Set_Optimal_Workers has been modified. Now resources bugs have to be gone.
  3. + Some huge functions have been rewritten inside Patch Framework. So a lot of bytes in code segment have been released to provide new code stubs in future.

Fix List of v7:
  1. + Appended logging subsystem: it provides "C3CPF.log" file and writes there an info about unit actions, including AI (see). Logging is optional, so it can be just turned off.
  2. + Appended settings subsystem: it reads "C3CPF.ini" file (included into the package) for some settings.
  3. + Some of unit functions are tracable now (see)
  4. + Some of functions are rewritten inside my PF. (see the source)
  5. + Now I have 0x240 bytes available to patch (for example: up to 18 new tracing patches can be added)
  6. + Fixes of v5

Fix List for v5:
  1. + The limit of City tile workers count (20) is increased to 44 (see, see)
  2. + Fixes of v4

Fix List for v4:
  1. + Fix of some drawing bug in civilopedia form (see)
  2. + Fixes of v3

Fix List for v3:
  1. Fix of the science age bug (see)
  2. Science Age Multiplier is set to 3.00 instead of 1.25
    Here is the patch:
  3. + Fixes of v1

Fix List for v1:
  1. Fix of annoying non-zero pollution (when city size > 12) even if the city has mass transit and recycling center. Now there should be no pollution (see).
  2. Fix limit for building new city nearby the other one. Limit appears when the distance between settlers and a city is less than 2 (see).

Enjoy!

Good work :thumbsup:

Shouldn't this be moved to the "Civ3 - Utility Programs" section ? Maybe ask a Mod to move it there and then start a discussion thread in the main C&C forum.

Antal,

Can you make a patch that will remove corruption altogether? Or give us some kind of insight on how the application calculates corruption? The forbidden city never seems to work so something is wrong...

Anyway, you are a genius! Keep up the good work. Thanks.

It's not all I can offer. I'm gonna introduce my 1-st version of trainer for C3C v1.22:

I'm doing it because I love that game but I don't like to play it because it becomes annoying when I got too many cities. I'm trying to automate routines to be made to play comfortable.

So the current build allows me to:
1) manipulate terrains without using Civ3 Editor. It's especially useful when you choose a fast game in main menu.
2) manipulate improvement types to make all of it having "reduce corruption" flag in one click
3) manipulate unit types
4) manipulate players
5) manipulate cities. Especially I can calculate and set optimal city orders in one click.
For example, when I have 40 cities and its's orders set to capitalization, and when after it some new improvement becames available, I have to change orders manually 40 times. It's really annoying.
6) investigate internal game structure with different tools like objects lists with calculation of value or flag distributions or image viewers or even button list viewers.

Coming soon....

I hate to bring it up yet again, but the No City Limit patch only allows the Human Player to build beyond the previous limit. AI still stops with the patch. I've tested very extensively a few years ago. This makes it useless for anything other than Multiplayer games. Antal - if you can fix THAT, that would be great too :)

Hello, everybody!

Few days ago I posted info about reducing annoying pollution in C3C (see How to reduce pollution at all in Civ3 Conquests).
Now I've made an appropriate patch for it.

Here I'm gonna release some useful patched for C3C v1.22.

Current version:
Patch_v3

Previous versions:
Patch_v1 (Patch_v1 + No Raze) (Patch_v1 + No Raze + No City Limit)

Fix List for v3:
  1. Fix of the science age bug (see)
  2. Science Age Multiplier is set to 3.00 instead of 1.25
    Here is the patch:
  3. + Fixes of v1

Fix List for v1:
  1. Fix of annoying non-zero pollution (when city size > 12) even if the city has mass transit and recycling center. Now there should be no pollution (see).
  2. Fix limit for building new city nearby the other one. Limit appears when the distance between settlers and a city is less than 2 (see).

Enjoy!

Please explain if that new v3 is included into the NoRaze/No City/Unit Limit

It´s confusing with all these extra patches and fixes, but I run on this
Civ3Conquests_noraze_c_no_unit_limit.exe

which gives you unlimited units,city and no raze.

Please explain if that new v3 is included into the NoRaze/No City/Unit Limit

It´s confusing with all these extra patches and fixes, but I run on this
Civ3Conquests_noraze_c_no_unit_limit.exe

which gives you unlimited units,city and no raze.

Patch_v3 hasn't been combined with NoRaze or NCL yet. I'm gonna combine it soon.

Man, I haven't posted in this section in a long while, but I'm just in awe in the amount of progress you've been able to make and even more so at the potential for future progress.

Thank you so much for taking the time to do all this.

EDIT: Also, I was wondering, is there a way to be able to place cities directly adjacent to one another in the Editor for premade scenarios?

Hi to all. Long time since I've been here. This all look very interesting, but as a retired moderator, this immediately strikes me as potential against forum rules.
Isn't it based on decompiling the game and creating a "pirate" version of it?
I think some explanation are needed

Here are a few ideas for "fixes". I can list plenty other ideas for improvment based on the list I made when I exchanged with Firaxis to get the source code.

It's in a doc I made in 2008! 6 years already.
- Problem with the display of resources when there are to many (some “disappear” in the advisor screen)
- Units that can trigger a golden age can't go obsolete if you've not had a GA. Make it optional.
- A unit with hidden nationality and "0" defense can't be attacked
- Naval units can be rebased onto an airfield and can heal
- The “Resource Overflow Bug”, which only allows scenarios a maximum of 31 resources, otherwise free resources may be given out to certain cities with access to a resource which are not connected to the capital
- AI Agression levels 1&2 and 4&5 seem identical
- Fix “Disease Cured With” option
- When an invisible unit is attacked (submarine for instance):
• If the two civs are at war, battle, with an ambush bonus for the invisible unit
• If the two civs are not at war, then the invisible unit is revealed (for one turn), and the movement is cancelled.
- Chance of withdrawal based on speed difference (so a unit with 3 MP can withdraw from unit with 2 MP) --> this one would be AWESOME
- Glitch with the "fortify" flag, where a unit that can't fortify cannot sentry.
- If a unit can't fortify, the button is not there, but the unit can still be fortified with the contextual menu
- Make Scientific Leaders work
- Fix bug where Barbarian camps appear on map despite being turned OFF in the editor
- Fix bug with the immobile units and the "Load" flag; there is long standing belief among Civ3 vets that the "Load" flag in the AI Strategies, one that's needed in order for units to "Fortify" (noted elsehere, too, in this proposal), is the main culprit for games locking up/freezing or lagging really badly.
- Fix the bug in the "Reverse Capture the Flag" mode where civs alligned with one another exhibit very poor behavior in terms of actually returning the 'flag' units back to their respective VP locations (they'd be sent to the 'nearest VP' irregardless of whether said civ owned it).
- Change the "ignore terrain", which is useless (or all units need at least 2 MP) into a "preferred" terrain that would give movement and Combat bonus. Add cities in the list.
- Give a withdrawal chance to each unit (variable, instead of depending on MP)
- Fix bug where worker units need all worker actions checked if it is to be used properly by the AI
- Correct the placement of resources when there are to many of them
- The "OFF" button for "Corruption & waste" doesn't work
- Fix "Cures Disease on Flood Plains" bug

And these are mosty the "fixes", I have much more small / medium / large improvments in my list

- When an invisible unit is attacked (submarine for instance):
• If the two civs are at war, battle, with an ambush bonus for the invisible unit
• If the two civs are not at war, then the invisible unit is revealed (for one turn), and the movement is cancelled.

He's already on that and has turned up a lot. I thought he had fixed it, but perhaps he needs to implement the framework for that one.

- Make Scientific Leaders work

He totally did that already!!!. See Patch v3 or later at the top of this thread.

- The "OFF" button for "Corruption & waste" doesn't work

He has addressed corruption, but I don't have an interest in that topic so I only skimmed it.

Disclaimer: I haven't actually tried any of these yet, but what he posts looks very plausible.

Top Bottom