Modern Unit Graphics

This is better now, was always feeling like there was something more to be done, just was not sure how. The only thing I can think of now is that the VDV guys use folding stock AK's. On the other hand everything is spot on, especially the LPO flamethrower and his camo!

If you do not feel lazy see what you can do about moving the stocks (on the one holding the rifle at the hip) a pixel up. Have no idea how it will look like but it may turn out better, just bugs me a little how they look bended and in the units aimed down the sights it is straight as it is supposed to be!

Fairline, will you do Vietnamese units? If so, I shall shortly send scenarios of the Vietnam War.

Here's some quick and dirty Vietnamese and some tweaked Americans. First 4 Vietnamese are PAVN (NVA regulars) and the next 3 are NLF (VC)

@ Strelok: I'm feeling lazy and I think they're close enough to the AK-47 look ;)

Attachments

• fairline vietnam war infantry.png
    fairline vietnam war infantry.png
    30.3 KB · Views: 825
I will second Strelok and Tanelorn's comments on Gareth's M47 and M103 - it must not have been easy to get right, but they've been nailed perfectly there!

At the risk of piling on to the already considerable list of demands on your drawing finger, I'd like to reiterate my own long-standing wish for an AMX-30, another tricky beast to get right, stemming from an equally long-standing desire to renovate Captain Nemo's Gulf War. Of course, I'd be happy with what we've got so far (and also V-bombers and the Armata :D)

Also, shamelessly putting some of the latest Fairline stuff to work, which tootall could perhaps find some use for. This leaves just "Arvin" and the South Koreans, I think...

Attachments

• typhoon australian infantry.png
    typhoon australian infantry.png
    40.1 KB · Views: 638
@ Fairline, surely it is not easy to make 100+ units and then redo them all just because one pixel is not realistic. And you are right that it is good enough as it is, I am just gun OCD guy :D.

And to make Typhoon happy ... well the aussies may see some use if I decide to remake my unreleased MGE scenario that feautures a fictional conflict in Indonesia (god I love the concept of a fictional civil war) with some Aussie gun kicking around!

Also, good to know that a vietnam war ToT scenario is slowly coming around the corner!

Very good guys, excellent units. Cant wait to get back to my pc and get down to work too...

@ Fairline, surely it is not easy to make 100+ units and then redo them all just because one pixel is not realistic. And you are right that it is good enough as it is, I am just gun OCD guy :D.

A man to rival my own levels of pixel-OCD, good on ya :goodjob:

To my eye the AKs look fine - the stock and barrel should be lower than the breech; this gives the 'banana' appearance you referred to, but if you look at photos of soldiers carrying them in the distance you'll note the same effect. I think I'll keep them as they are :)

Spectacular units Fairline!!!

And I have a question: I have several scenarios for TOT, three of Vietnam, and for Iron Curtain I need a Mi-8 and for Cold War Crisis a Ka-25 Hormone: Will you create?

Here's the Hip:

Attachments

• fairline Mi-8 Hip.png
    fairline Mi-8 Hip.png
    5.2 KB · Views: 786
:eek:

Spectacular Mi-8 ... The unit is incredible Fairline. I like a lot. :cool:

Vietnam units are also magnificent. I like the detail that the Vietnamese are smaller.That the Kalashnikov was not realistic, it does not seem so important to me, because as miniatures, won in definition. But now still looks great.

Typhoon the Australian units also amazing ... I will have to modify the unit in USA 2013 ...

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

:rockon:

.... and here's the Ka-25:

Attachments

• fairline Ka-25 Hormone.png
    fairline Ka-25 Hormone.png
    3.2 KB · Views: 1,017
....At the risk of piling on to the already considerable list of demands on your drawing finger, I'd like to reiterate my own long-standing wish for an AMX-30, another tricky beast to get right, stemming from an equally long-standing desire to renovate Captain Nemo's Gulf War......[/IMG]

Here's an AMX-30 and it's 2nd cousin the Leopard 1:

Attachments

• fairline AMX-30 and Leopard1.png
    fairline AMX-30 and Leopard1.png
    30.5 KB · Views: 715
..and some renovated old mge units in shiny-ish ToT form: AAPV7 US Marine amphib APC and M9 ACE combat engineer vehicle

and a ZSU-57 refurb:

Attachments

• fairline sh1tboxes.png
    fairline sh1tboxes.png
    13.2 KB · Views: 776
  • fairline ZSU-57.png
    fairline ZSU-57.png
    4.1 KB · Views: 708
Incredible units, with which I can improve the graphics in USA 2013 and two of the cold war and Yugoslavia. :goodjob:

Top Bottom