[April Fools] Italy Confirmed

So...kind of like saying "American?" You just kind of furthered my example there.

No you're arguing against the Italians being in because you consider them to be the same civilization as the Romans. That's hypocritical because you're not also saying that the English, French, and Spanish shouldn't have been in the game.

So...kind of like saying "American?" You just kind of furthered my example there.

The point is: if the USA would break up today and live thousands of years in split states developing each its own culture and society.
Would the states of the thirteen original colonies be more american than the others then?

False.

Frankenstein group are a group of testers who have been recruited by Firaxis and are from the community, the leak could've easily come from them.

Theoretically, yes.

But it's still not genuine. ;)

The point is: if the USA would break up today and live thousands of years in split states developing each its own culture and society.
Would the states of the fifteen original colonies be more american than the others then?

I thought it was thirteen actually !!!

Frankenstein group are a group of testers who have been recruited by Firaxis and are from the community, the leak could've easily come from them.
Right. And it just happens to be posted by an artist who's done leader portraits in the past, who conspicuously doesn't say anything about it, and it just happens to be on April Fool's Day.

Nothing suspicious there at all.

Right. And it just happens to be posted by an artist who's done leader portraits in the past, who conspicuously doesn't say anything about it, and it just happens to be on April Fool's Day.

Nothing suspicious there at all.

I'm just saying, it's a 50/50 :p besides, I wouldn't mind Italy.

But then again I pretty much fell for last year as well xD, I was so let down without having Pre-historic era in :(

No you're arguing against the Italians being in because you consider them to be the same civilization as the Romans. That's hypocritical because you're not also saying that the English, French, and Spanish shouldn't have been in the game.

No, I said that the culture on the Italian penninsula progressed after the fall if the Roman Empire. I never said anything about whether or not they should be in the game. Though Roman ideals did have a lot to do with the Renaissance. And Mussolini's quest for legitimacy for his war machine and empire.

No, I said that the culture on the Italian penninsula progressed after the fall if the Roman Empire. I never said anything about whether or not they should be in the game. Though Roman ideals did have a lot to do with the Renaissance. And Mussolini's quest for legitimacy for his war machine and empire.

My mistake. Apologies.

Lorenzo doesn't have a beard. This contradicts the "Bearded new World" theory. Therefore, he cannot be included. Simple as that.

Anyways, if it is true, Lorenzo would be an interesting leader choice, considering his prominent tole in other video games, if you know what I mean...

I find the leak's lack of beard disturbing...

but, I'd rather have renaissance Italy that Belgium.

Maybe if Lorenzo's the leader he'd have a renaissance painting of a guy with a beard in the background... does that count as a beard?

On the contrary,

QED.

Can you come up with a better theory to replace the existing one? Until then, if Italy really is a Civ, then as far as I'm concerned his beard isn't on his head. :crazyeye: I also find it rather strange that beards can now suddenly become invisible or a metaphor whenever it's convenient :lol:.

Top Bottom