Civ V Hot fix released

Hot Fix Patch Notes

Hey Civ Community,

The hot fix patch is en route and will resolve some of the issues created on the Fall Patch. Here are the notes for your viewing pleasure.

Thanks for your patience on this one and have a good Thanksgiving!

Hot-Fix Patch Notes

[CRASH]

DX9 Range-strike crash. A city-strike or ranged unit could cause the game to crash when playing in the DX9 version, mainly in full-screen, but could occur in windowed mode as well.
DX9 Cascading graphics failure crash. On certain video cards, after playing for a short amount of time (or across a number of short games), the game could exhibit strange graphical behavior (rapidly blinking graphics, terrain unloading, etc.), which could eventually lead to a driver failure or hang.
DX9 multiple start crash. Fixed an issue where the DX9 version of the game could become unstable or crash if started multiple times in the same session.

[BUG]

Auto-Annex, no pop-ups bug. Fixed an issue that was causing the pop-up queue to stop displaying in-game pop-ups until the game was reloaded. NOTE: The cause of this could also exist in existing mods. Please see our note at the bottom of the change-list on how modders can correct this.
Mod constant reload. Fixed an issue causing mods to constantly reload each time the user visited the mods area. Could also cause modded saves to be corrupted or crash on load.
Denmark Trait not working. Fixed an issue causing Denmark’s trait (allows disembarked units to have an extra move after landing) to not function correctly.
Inefficient Pathfinder issue. Fixed multiple issues with the pathfinder that was causing units to exhibit inefficient movement choices.
Exploding workboat graphic. Fixed an issue where the Workboat model exhibited graphical corruption.
Grey terrain/checker-boarding. Fixed an issue on slower video cards where terrain displayed in large quantities, or with rapid draws (like clicking rapidly around the mini-map), could cause the game to unload the terrain system, resulting in large amounts of checkerboards.

[OPTIMIZATION]

Multiple Terrain optimizations.

[MODDING NOTE]
Modders need to ensure they are calling the SerialEventGameMessagePopupProcessed event immediately with pop-ups.

Here's an example from the ReligionOverview.lua, changes are in red.

Spoiler :
Code:

function ShowHideHandler( bIsHide, bInitState )
if( not bInitState ) then
if( not bIsHide ) then
UI.incTurnTimerSemaphore();
Events.SerialEventGameMessagePopupShown(g_PopupInfo);
TabSelect(g_CurrentTab);
else
if(g_PopupType ~= nil) then
Events.SerialEventGameMessagePopupProcessed.CallImmediate(g_PopupInfo.Type, 0);
end

UI.decTurnTimerSemaphore();
end
end
end
ContextPtr:SetShowHideHand

Latest Notes pasted direct form 2K

The hotfix seems to have fixed the problem I was having with my workers forgetting what they were doing and needing to be re-tasked every turn.

Wow. I Still can not play on DX10/11 (crash on opening) when I could before at high settings. Any idea on timeframe for THAT fix?

It would be nice to update the patch notes... the "modding note" shows off the old bugged code, the new code reads:
Code:
function ShowHideHandler( bIsHide, bInitState )
	if( not bInitState ) then
		if( not bIsHide ) then
			UI.incTurnTimerSemaphore();  
			Events.SerialEventGameMessagePopupShown(g_PopupInfo);                 
			TabSelect(g_CurrentTab);
		else
			[COLOR="Green"]if g_PopupInfo then
				Events.SerialEventGameMessagePopupProcessed.CallImmediate(g_PopupInfo.Type, 0);
			end[/COLOR]
			UI.decTurnTimerSemaphore();
		end
	end
end
ContextPtr:SetShowHideHandler( ShowHideHandler );

Looks like a worthy hotfix. I`ve been staying Off Steam until I could see the consensus here. The Workers forgetting what to do defintely bugged me; it was needless micomanaging. Thanks, Dev.

Going to steam (yeuck) to Download...

after this new patch came out, i can't seem to find a denmark. is this patch related?

While I never experienced any of the fixed problems (Denmark were not in my post-patch games), I am pleased that they are continuing to support and improve this great game.

Improvement for me. The main annoying issue i was having was the workboat graphical corruption which is now gone :goodjob:

Yeah, what a patch. Nothing has changed, the game is still unplayable. It really has been a long time since I saw such an incompetence.

Yeah, what a patch. Nothing has changed, the game is still unplayable. It really has been a long time since I saw such an incompetence.

Chapon, if you're referring to the gray squares you see while the textures loads (when the camera is still in motion) there is an ini line you can change to have the loading take place while the camera is moving instead of after it stops. I believe in your GraphicsSetting ini the option is called MinimizeGrayTiles.

This does cause moving around the map to be not as smooth, but for individuals with mid or lower graphics cards, this might be a good change. High end graphics users will want to keep it as is, as it makes camera movement much smoother. Ultimately it's a personal preference.

Question, did they fix the bug with the caravel's promotion? One of its starting promotions was showing up as some line of code when you hovered over it. said someting like "<_Retreat_from_Attack_>", and it was bugged in the civelopedia was well. Obviously this bug isn't very important but i'm wondering if it was overlooked because it may have gone unnoticed :p Also, I can't for the life of me remeber what that promotion is actually supposed to be. (I'm pretty sure its not retreating like a incan slinger, even though that's what the bugged code says)

Impressively quick hotfix; most games this old are abandoned by their developers. Just played a few dozen turns and the graphical bugs are definitely gone on my system. Thanks Firaxis!

Chapon, if you're referring to the gray squares you see while the textures loads (when the camera is still in motion) there is an ini line you can change to have the loading take place while the camera is moving instead of after it stops. I believe in your GraphicsSetting ini the option is called MinimizeGrayTiles.

This does cause moving around the map to be not as smooth, but for individuals with mid or lower graphics cards, this might be a good change. High end graphics users will want to keep it as is, as it makes camera movement much smoother. Ultimately it's a personal preference.

Thanks, will try, but to be honest a GFX560Ti is far from mid or low range. Not to mention that it worked PERFECTLY, before you messed up the rendering.

Impressively quick hotfix; most games this old are abandoned by their developers. Just played a few dozen turns and the graphical bugs are definitely gone on my system. Thanks Firaxis!

if they expect many to return for Civ 6 they have to do this kind of thing, haha.

Isn't it "Withdraw upon melee"?

something like that, I don't remeber how exactly it reads out but it's cleary a line of code that is showing up rather than the regular text that should. And also correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm almost positive a caravel does not get that promotion. I mean, it's a mellee ship so why would it?

Top Bottom