SGOTM 11 Timing - Split from SGOTM 10 Maintenance Thread

BLubmuz

HoF Quattromaster
Moderator Action: Posts moved from SGOTM 10 Maintenance Thread

I'm definitely spamming this thread :)

Alan, my usual question: news about next SG?

Just to keep things running, you know...

Alan, my usual question: news about next SG?

I realise you would like to see the signup thread for the next SGOTM posted now. However I'm sure I'm not the only one who would prefer a short(ish) break before the next one starts.

I'll second the idea of a short break. That gives everyone a chance to join a 'regular' SG or focus on their solo games.

Given that Christmas Holidays are coming up soon and this games ends on December 7, maybe have the next signup start the second or third Monday of January, (11th/18th)?

How do others feel?

Christmas with the family, and a new game in the New Year? Or Christmas spent huddled over spreadsheets and practice games?

We have not started preparing the next game yet, BTW.

I'll second the idea of a short break. That gives everyone a chance to join a 'regular' SG or focus on their solo games.

Given that Christmas Holidays are coming up soon and this games ends on December 7, maybe have the next signup start the second or third Monday of January, (11th/18th)?
I was thinking to use December for the signup and actually start the game after the Christmas Holidays. An entire month of breack is enough. My opinion, of course :)

How do others feel?

Christmas with the family, and a new game in the New Year? Or Christmas spent huddled over spreadsheets and practice games?

How about sign-ups during the last two weeks of December and the first week of January? Knowing the concept will allow those who wish to, to pour over spreadsheets and practice games? :mischief:

Start date somewhere around the 15th of January? :)

I'd definitely need a break before the next game. This is loads of fun, but it can really eat up time and energy! In a good way. If the next one starts mid-January, that would be OK in my book.

The play time for this one was fairly long so the ones that didn't join are getting reckless. Would be nice to know what the setting for the next one is early-mid December. :)

Signup halfway december, starting the game in Januari would be good for me as well. That leaves those interested in it with the choice between family and charts :D

I also like the idea to sign up in December and start in January

No sooner than what AlanH and Gyathaar need to maximally enjoy their holidays and comfortably make another excellent game. :)

Patience is a virtue.

I think setting the game basic concept and sign up before new year would be good.

Trash Team needs time to rebuild its team though. Not everyone always has time to play these games. Some people have real lives!!!! I would ban them all but I dont have that power. hehehe.

How do others feel?

Spreadsheets? Spreadsheets?! Is that how come the other teams thrash us by so much? Is everyone using complicated spreadsheet modelling to win these games?

Spreadsheets? Spreadsheets?! Is that how come the other teams thrash us by so much? Is everyone using complicated spreadsheet modelling to win these games?
I know many top players use spreadsheets.
I think in this game they used too many and played too few. :D :nuke: :D

9 days to go guys, where your nukes are? Perhaps we can spare some for you?

Top Bottom