War Between the States Scenario Thoughts

Here are some screenshots.

Spoiler :

Never saw those before. All those cannon make me :eek:

Although not really liking the blimp deal. I hope if this map is what they will be using for the scenario that the blimp/airship unit was just messing around.

Never saw those before. All those cannon make me :eek:

Although not really liking the blimp deal. I hope if this map is what they will be using for the scenario that the blimp/airship unit was just messing around.

The cannon are awesome.

I think he used the airship for recon. Not sure though, never got that far in his scenario. Hopefully they add a balloon recon unit for the new scenario. :D

If you look, there are only like 10 cities total in the west portion of the map, so the main focus will remain in the east. This looks cool, and I'm excited after seeing the map.

I hope all of you realize that map is from a player-made mod scenario. It's not the map from the BNW scenario.

I hope all of you realize that map is from a player-made mod scenario. It's not the map from the BNW scenario.
Right the screenshots were just to show the units.

Yeah the pistol cavalry, like what is in Fall of the Samurai. Nice screenshot.

I would thrilled if they fully rendered leader screens for Lincoln and Jefferson Davis, but I wouldn't hold out hope for it. It just seems like it would be easier seeing as they both obviously speak English, but then again the rendering, modelling, and lighting is in itself a very difficult task.

Nah I didn't know that scenario was fan-made. What was it then was in the hidden files? Just the cannon and two ironclads?

Sweet screenshot either way.

They did use airships for recon and for directing artillery, so its inclusion would be good in a scenario. (I'm not sure how common airships were though, they were used but they probably weren't commonplace either).

Airships fell out of favor in WWI because a stationary balloon filled with highly flammable gas was a sitting duck for airplanes. But in the civil war they were probably relatively effective.

I'm going to echo what I said on the African Scenario. I don't want to see existing civs substituted for scenario civs. I refer to the use of Gandhi, etc in the Polynesian sceanario.

The airships in FramedArchitect's scenario were a bit silly. The Union did use observation balloons, but they were stationary, tethered things, not airships that could fly around.

Sometimes people try a little too hard to shoehorn exotic units in where they don't belong.

Something about the airships bother me unless they are in something like the steampunk scenario. I think it is because all the other military/unit techs are these grand big-picture ideas that saw huge wide-world use. Spears, rifles, cannon. The time airships/zeppelins were used was extremely short and certainly not widely used in relation to say, the common spear or rifle.

do we know around what year the civil war scenario is going to play out?

It'd be interesting if we could possibly recruit other countries to help assist; for example the French were interested in assisting the Confederate states at one point in time, but due to losses they decided to back out.

and I think (I may be 100% wrong on this) that the Union had assistance from Germany for training.

I'm just thinking it would be neat to play both the war scenario and the diplomatic scenario in order to try and get assistance from other countries in terms of troops, resources, etc. How well you perform on the battlefield, as well as other things could determine whether or not they help.

For an accurate experience, the diplomatic challenge should be to convince the European powers not to help.

Scare Napoleon III out of Mexico, use the Emancipation Proclamation to lock Victoria out of offering the Confederacy any Support, tell Alexander II to keep his navy to himself, etc.

Hey I played that scenario! It was fun. I won as the Confederacy. I captured every city outside of New England (including Washington and Baltimore, which was the last I could get before it ended.

Hey I played that scenario! It was fun. I won as the Confederacy. I captured every city outside of New England (including Washington and Baltimore, which was the last I could get before it ended.
It seems very easy as either side, as the AI doesn't seem to be able to handle the complicated building prerequisites and resource requirements to build any of the "real" units.

Top Bottom