Civilization Appropriate General and Admiral names

Hey, just discovered this mod :crazyeye: and I want to add support for this mod in my custom civs as well. Some questions:

- I have an upcoming custom civ The Afsharids, with Nader Shah as the leader. I've noticed Nader Shah is in the list of Persia. If I am to add support, how would I .. delete the name from Persia and add it to my custom civ instead? There are probably more of these situations, so some advice would be great :)
- Also, what do you recommend I do if there are no known Great Admiral names for a civilization? Pick a list of the existing civs? If so, how would I do this, if I can at all? I could only find a single Admiral for The Afsharids.

Thanks, great mod!

Hey, just discovered this mod :crazyeye: and I want to add support for this mod in my custom civs as well. Some questions:

- I have an upcoming custom civ The Afsharids, with Nader Shah as the leader. I've noticed Nader Shah is in the list of Persia. If I am to add support, how would I .. delete the name from Persia and add it to my custom civ instead? There are probably more of these situations, so some advice would be great :)
- Also, what do you recommend I do if there are no known Great Admiral names for a civilization? Pick a list of the existing civs? If so, how would I do this, if I can at all? I could only find a single Admiral for The Afsharids.

Thanks, great mod!

See Post #9 for info on what you need to do in a general sense to add compatibility to this mod for your custom civs. To re-direct a name from Persia, for example, you would need to include within your XML-list of names an <Update> to re-direct that name from Persia to your civ. So, if the XML name of my civilization is CIVILIZATION_CHEESEBURGER_EATERS, I would add this as part of my stand-alone XML file for compatibility to this mod:
Code:
<GameData>
	<Unit_UniqueNames>
		<Update>
			<Where UniqueName="TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_NADIR_SHAH" />
			<Set CivilizationType="CIVILIZATION_CHEESEBURGER_EATERS" />
		</Update>
	</Unit_UniqueNames>
</GameData>

I wouldn't worry too much if you can't come up with a plump set of names for Great Admirals. I had a lot of trouble finding good Admiral names for some civs. In some cases the stock Firaxis-made civs do not have a list of Admirals within this mod. All such cases rely on a fallback list of 'generic' names much as what is used by the standard game without this mod active. The only difference is there are a lot more names available to be drawn from when this mod is active. Any civilization (Firaxis-made or Custom) that has no names assigned to it, or runs out of assigned names, will start thereafter to use the list of generic fallback names.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One thing I would ask is that you post a note on what re-directions and/or additions you've made to the list. I'll then add that info so other mod-authors know you've already "appropriated" the name(s) for use with your civ.

Allright, thanks :)

These are the names I chose and the change(s) I made:
- Nadir Shah set to The Afsharids' GG list

Great Generals added:
- Tahmasp Khan Jalayer
- Mirza Qoli
- Morteza Qoli
- Nasrollah Mirza
- Mullah Adineh Mostafi
- Ibrahim Khan
- Haji Beg Khan
- Lutf Ali Khan

Great Admirals:
- Mohammad Taqi Khan

Not all of them were great or exceptional, but it's quite a good list for Afsharid-specific GGs (and GA). The mod is not finished yet, but I wanted to post it incase I forget when the mod's done.

Allright, thanks :)

These are the names I chose and the change(s) I made:
- Nadir Shah set to The Afsharids' GG list

Great Generals added:
- Tahmasp Khan Jalayer
- Mirza Qoli
- Morteza Qoli
- Nasrollah Mirza
- Mullah Adineh Mostafi
- Ibrahim Khan
- Haji Beg Khan
- Lutf Ali Khan

Great Admirals:
- Mohammad Taqi Khan

Not all of them were great or exceptional, but it's quite a good list for Afsharid-specific GGs (and GA). The mod is not finished yet, but I wanted to post it incase I forget when the mod's done.
Could you provide me with the list of TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_X designations you are adding. The mod depends heavily on the usages of those, so it would be nice to be able to include them in the list of names added by additional custom civs.

Great Generals:
Update: TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_NADIR_SHAH
TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_TAHMASP_KHAN_JALAYER
TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_MIRZA_QOLI
TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_MORTEZA_QOLI
TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_NASROLLAH_MIRZA
TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_MULLAH_ADINEH_MOSTAFI
TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_IBRAHIM_KHAN
TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_HAJI_BEG_KHAN
TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_LUTF_ALI_KHAN

Great Admiral:
TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_MOHAMMAD_TAQI_KHAN

Hey, I got some new names :)

The Cometopuli

Great Generals:
Samuel: TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_SAMUEL
Gavril Radomir: TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_GAVRIL_RADOMIR
Roman: TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_ROMAN
Ivan Vladislav: TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_IVAN_VLADISLAV
Krakra: TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_KRAKRA
Ivats: TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_IVATS
Nestoritsa: TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_NESTORITSA
David: TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_COMETOPULI_DAVID
Aron: TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_COMETOPULI_ARON
Moses: TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_COMETOPULI_MOSES
Ahtum: TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_AHTUM

Nepal:

Great Generals:

Prithvi Narayan Shah: TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_PRITHVI_NARAYAN_SHAH
Yaksha Malla: TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_YAKSHA_MALLA
Rana Bahadur Shah: TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_RANA_BAHADUR_SHAH
Bhimsen Thapa: TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_BHIMSEN_THAPA
Amar Singh Thapa: TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_AMAR_SINGH_THAPA
Bhakti Thapa: TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_BHAKTI_THAPA
Balbhadra Kunwar: TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_BALBHADRA_KUNWAR
Damodar Pande: TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_DAMODAR_PANDE

Both of these civs/updates are not released yet, but hopefully will be soon! I've also been thinking about whether to include the leader of a civilization as a Great General, as they were generally the most important general (if they were a military figure), but it wouldn't make sense if the Great General bearing the name dies. On the other hand, not having such an important military figure as a Great General would seem wrong either. What do you think? As it is now, I've included Samuel of Bulgaria and Nader Shah.

Updated the mod to add more Admiral Names and to use an improved version of the data-saving methods used by the mod. Remember to finish any in-progress games before going to the new version.

More General names (upcoming releases/updates):

Khmer Empire by DJSHenninger
Vidyanandana: TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_VIDYANANDANA
Jayavarman II: TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_JAYAVARMAN_II
Jayavarman VII: TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_JAYAVARMAN_VII
Rajendravarman II: TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_RAJENDRAVARMAN_II
Sangrama: TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_SANGRAMA
Suryavarman I: TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_SURYAVARMAN_I
Yasovarman I: TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_YASOVARMAN_I

Serbia by DJSHenninger
Dusan: TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_DUSAN
Preljub: TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_PRELJUB
Stefan Decanski: TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_STEFAN_DECANSKI
Karadorde: TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_KARADORDE
Janko Katic: TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_JANKO_KATIC
Veljko Petrovic: TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_VELJKO_PETROVIC
Vojinha: TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_VOJIHNA
Stefan Lazarevic: TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_STEFAN_LAZAREVIC

Cyprus by ryanjames
Isaac Komnenos: TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_RJ_ISAAC_KOMNENOS
Aimery of Cyprus: TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_RJ_AIMERY
Hugh III of Cyprus: TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_RJ_HUGH_III
James I of Cyprus: TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_RJ_JAMES_I
Henry II of Cyprus: TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_RJ_HENRY_II
Peter I of Cyprus: TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_RJ_PETER_I
Euagoras I: TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_RJ_EUAGORAS_I
Georgios Grivas: TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_RJ_GEORGIOS_GRIVAS

More General names (upcoming releases/updates):

Spoiler added by LeeS :
Khmer Empire by DJSHenninger
Vidyanandana: TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_VIDYANANDANA
Jayavarman II: TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_JAYAVARMAN_II
Jayavarman VII: TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_JAYAVARMAN_VII
Rajendravarman II: TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_RAJENDRAVARMAN_II
Sangrama: TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_SANGRAMA
Suryavarman I: TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_SURYAVARMAN_I
Yasovarman I: TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_YASOVARMAN_I

Serbia by DJSHenninger
Dusan: TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_DUSAN
Preljub: TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_PRELJUB
Stefan Decanski: TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_STEFAN_DECANSKI
Karadorde: TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_KARADORDE
Janko Katic: TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_JANKO_KATIC
Veljko Petrovic: TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_VELJKO_PETROVIC
Vojinha: TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_VOJIHNA
Stefan Lazarevic: TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_STEFAN_LAZAREVIC

Cyprus by ryanjames
Isaac Komnenos: TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_RJ_ISAAC_KOMNENOS
Aimery of Cyprus: TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_RJ_AIMERY
Hugh III of Cyprus: TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_RJ_HUGH_III
James I of Cyprus: TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_RJ_JAMES_I
Henry II of Cyprus: TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_RJ_HENRY_II
Peter I of Cyprus: TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_RJ_PETER_I
Euagoras I: TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_RJ_EUAGORAS_I
Georgios Grivas: TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_RJ_GEORGIOS_GRIVAS
Added them to the listing Custom Mods are using.

Hi, some new names:

Spoiler :

The Umayyads

Moved names from Arabia
TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_MUSA_IBN_NUSAIR
TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_UQBA_IBN_NAFI
TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_MU_AWIYA
TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_ZIYAD_IBN_ABIHI

New Names
Abd al-Malik: TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_ABD_AL_MALIK
Tariq ibn Ziyad: TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_TARIQ_IBN_ZIYAD
Qutayba ibn Muslim: TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_QUTAYBA_IBN_MUSLIM
Muhammad bin Qasim: TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_MUHAMMAD_BIN_QASIM
Hasan ibn al-Nu'man: TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_HASAN_BIN_AL_NUMAN (I'm aware of the error)
Al-'Abbas ibn al-Walid: TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_AL_ABBAS_IBN_AL_WALID
Ibn al-Ash'ath: TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_IBN_AL_ASHATH
Abdallah al-Battal: TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_ABDALLAH_AL_BATTAL
Asad ibn Abdallah al-Qasri: TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_ASAD_IBN_ABDALLAH_AL_QASRI
Maslama ibn Abd al-Malik: TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_MASLAMA_IBN_ABD_AL_MALIK
Muhammad ibn Marwan: TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_MUHAMMAD_IBN_MARWAN
Al-Jarrah ibn Abdallah: TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_AL_JARRAH_IBN_ABDALLAH

LeeS, I am having trouble using this mod with the Battle of Guadalcanal Scenario. When the game is loading, it just continues loading. It never gets to the point where it says, "Begin your Journey." It does not crash, but the game will not start. Something in one or both mods is conflicting with the other.

I'll try to look into it tomorrow but it sounds an awful lot like the problems you were having before in the WWI Europe scenario-mod (or was it WWII Europe ?).

See especially Post #40.

I would say the better thing to do in the Gaudalcanal Scenario is not allow this mod to run. IE, Block this mod from the Guadalcanal Scenario Mod. We're handling all the GGeneral and GAdmiral placing and naming anyway, so if it is necessary to add a little more lua with additional valid Admiral/General Names for both US and Japan, it shouldn't be too terribly hard to do.

I'll try to look into it tomorrow but it sounds an awful lot like the problems you were having before in the WWI Europe scenario-mod (or was it WWII Europe ?).

See especially Post #40.

I would say the better thing to do in the Gaudalcanal Scenario is not allow this mod to run. IE, Block this mod from the Guadalcanal Scenario Mod. We're handling all the GGeneral and GAdmiral placing and naming anyway, so if it is necessary to add a little more lua with additional valid Admiral/General Names for both US and Japan, it shouldn't be too terribly hard to do.

That sounds like the best solution. In this scenario, it tends to wrack up GGs and GAs. Having names for each civ would help a lot. I can certainly get a few lists of names together.

Brilliant, I'll be sure to get this when it's complete!

On a side note, here are some more GG names for China.
Great General:
Zhuge Liang
Pang Tong
Zhu YuanZhang
Han Xin
Zi Ru
Yue Fei
Sun Bin
Sun Tzu
Guo ZiYi
Wu Qi

Great Admirals:
Qi Jiguang

I noticed that in post #8 you put Robert Surcouf as a french Great General, but he was a (french) privateer, so he should be an Admiral?

I did indeed make that oops. I've moved him in the lists and in the code of the mod, but the change won't show for players until the next time I release an update. I hate bothering players with a gillion little updates, so I usually wait until I feel there have been sufficient little additions or changes before releasing an update.

Are there any plans to extend this mod to link all great people to their respective civs as well? Such as getting Leo Tolstoy for a great writer as Russia and Frederic Remington for a great writer as America?

Top Bottom