Civ3MMToolkit - Civilization III Mode Makers Toolkit

Cyber Dreyk

Master of illusions
The Civ3MMToolkit includes the following utilities: Civ3FlcEdit, Civ3MM and ImageConvert with all necessary DLLs files.

Civ3FlcEdit - the powerful animation viewer & editor, assigned to work with Civilization III FLC animation files.
Civ3MM - Civilization III Mode Maker, multifunctional utility, which allows creating and/or modifying scenarios and modes
ImgConvert – small but powerful utility assigned to help with making the Civilopedia icons and other graphics.

I think that it’s more useful to get all these tools and info about their work from one place - therefore I decided to unite all them to a single installation.
So, please ask all questions directly here, don’t ask me in the old threads. :)

Also you can visit old threads to get some useful information about these utilities:
Civ3FlcEdit - Civilization III animation viewer & editor
Civ3MM - Civilization III Mode Maker
How to make new units and add them to the scenario file

Download Civ3MMToolkit v1.0 (~2,2 MB):
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads9/Civ3MMToolkit_v1.0.zip
Civ3FlcEdit v3,1,7,101
Civ3MM v1,1,3,82
ImgConvert v1,1,1,6

Finally I have decision to post here a source codes of Civ3FlcEdit, Civ3MM and ImgConvert utilities.
They were made on M$ Visual Studio 6.0, but it's possible to convert them to the VS.Net too...

Download Civ3MMToolkit's Source Code (~1,7 MB):
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads10/Civ3MMToolkit_Source_Code.zip

AWSOME! it'll be very helpful in mod makeing

Recent HD failure required a re-install.

Installed version is the one linked in the first post.

Opening a FLC created with this application (prior to re-install) yields:

click on OK
and get

The FLC is linked in my SIG.
But the same results can be produced with any of the default firaxis units. Same problem with all 20+ flc's I clicked on.

All these FLCs open fine with Flickster and work in game as well.

I chose a scenario file and I find under "Scenario information" > "Scenario File" of course all the techs, units and so on. Now, let me be an user, I look to the left, and see nothing at all, although I find all items in this "Scenario file" tab.

So, why? I can add things, but I don't need to, because they all are in my file. So, why you don't show this items in the left? - Or is it my error? - Importing from the scenario file to the same file occurs a message, that's ok. But only to add new items, makes old files unnecessary, that's a little more difficult to use.

I think, it will be better, when you show all items, all entries also on the left from the file and not only this, I add in your application.

- But great work! Yes, really good. ;) -

Bjornlo said:
Recent HD failure required a re-install.

Installed version is the one linked in the first post.

Opening a FLC created with this application (prior to re-install) yields:

click on OK
and get

The FLC is linked in my SIG.
But the same results can be produced with any of the default firaxis units. Same problem with all 20+ flc's I clicked on.

All these FLCs open fine with Flickster and work in game as well.
I figured this out. You have to be in 32bit video mode or this utility fails.
This should probably be displayed with the error message or in a readme with the installer.

I downloaded like I was supposed to, but when I tried to run it, this came up (see attachment)
Can someone explain?

Attachments

• civ3flcerror.PNG
    civ3flcerror.PNG
    8.3 KB · Views: 2,695
Nate1976 said:
I downloaded like I was supposed to, but when I tried to run it, this came up (see attachment)
Can someone explain?
Please, use the Civ3FlcEdit.exe instead of Civ3Flc.exe. Point is that Civ3Flc is an old utility and it cannot work with latest version of GraphX.DLL, included in the latest pack. :)

hello,

maybe I am stupid, but I just dont understand how I can use the created civ3m files as a scenario ??

Civ cannot load a civ3M-Files, and there is no option to convert a civ3m into a biq-file ??

KayEss said:
Take a read through the tutorials in http://forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=57 and hopefully they will help you work it out.

Hello,

thank you for this very unhelpfully advice. I didnt asK about how to mod in CivIIIEdit. I know how to use the editor.
But I really ask a specific question about the Civ3MM-Program !!

Unfortunately there exists NO tutorial for Civ3MM and also there exist no manual.

So I repeat my question.
When I want to change my .biq-File I just import everything to Civ3MM. Ok, so far so easy.
Now I want to save the changings I made with Civ3MM, like adding new units and so on. Buty now I can only save it as a .c3m - File and of course this .c3m-file is not readable by Civ III or by CivIIIEdit.

So what I should do now ???

thanx for your efforts and thanks for reading my question this time.

yours
Ruediger

Rod said:
thank you for this very unhelpfully advice. I didnt asK about how to mod in CivIIIEdit. I know how to use the editor.

Well, thank you for your candid reply. I'm sure that tone will help you to get much more help in the future.

Did you read the MM thread?

hello,

thank you, this was the neccessary information. I couldnt find such a thread in the first place. But it is still difficult to understand. I will try it out.

I know that I was rude in the first reply, but you have to admit, that your answer was provoking such a reply.

I hope you dont mind, normally I am quite kind.

cu
Rod

I just wanted to take a minute and thank you for all the work you put into this wonderful program :) I'm very appreciative :goodjob: I don't see how anyone can do without it :cool:

Many thanks for all who have interested with my utilities.
Sorry that I have not answered to your questions last time - too little free time for it. :(

Yesterday I have posted a source code of all my utilities (written on C++) - you all can feel you free to use it as you want. :)

Link:
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads10/Civ3MMToolkit_Source_Code.zip

Good luck in modding and utilities making!

Oh, thanks a lot. :goodjob: Now I can spend my time still with Civ until get copy of Civilization IV. In our region not until the second half of November :cry:

Top Bottom