Civ3MMToolkit - Civilization III Mode Makers Toolkit

Could a programmer plz look at the core to this program and see why it won't load over 850 units plz. It'll load all the rest from the biq, But not the units. I've even let it set for 2 hrs to see if it would load them and it wouldn't.

Don't know if anyone's going to be reading this, but Civ3flcEdit is displaying Flcs all screwy for me. Crazy colors, displaced and distorted and discolored units, half on the fram, half off.
It used to work fine, but I upgraded my motheboard and processor and ram (same video card). I don't know how that would effect your program, but it did. Tried the latest version, too.
The same thing used to happen when I tried running Civflcedit while Civ3 was open, or if an flc was running for a long time.
I doubt anyone could even help given the situatiopn's on my end, but if anyone's experienced something similiar let me know.

The same thing has happened to me, i just deleted the program because it was a huge inconveniece. I stuck to Flicster.

Where is the link to the latest version of the program? I cant seem to find it.

How do I alter this program with the source code to add extra features and create new ones?

I'm encountering two problems with this program.

First, I can't make LH flics. They look fine in FlcEdit, and seem to export fine as flics, but load them up in anything else and they're all distorted. I don't know why!

Second - I don't know if this is a problem associated with this program or not - but I'm trying to make a unit animation with 20 frames. All appears fine in FlcEdit. But in Flicster and in the game itself, the animation seems to freeze for a moment at the point where it finishes one cycle and begins the next. It's as if there's an extra frame in there, identical to the last one. This is very annoying, as instead of a smooth, cycling attack sequence, my character keeps stopping as if to wonder what he's doing!

[EDIT] I've now found that it's doing it with other animations too, not just the 20-frame one. It's never done it before, and it's quite noticeable. The frame size is 150x150 pixels, if that makes any difference. What's going on?

Does anyone have any clues?

Maybe Cyber Dreyk should write up and post a tutorial?

Just as Plotinus said, Civ3FlcEdit has a severe problem in editing Leaderhead Flics. Just try to Export to Storyboard any of the hundreds of Leaderhead Flics around in every Mod (e.g. any one from R8XFT) that were produced with Paint Shop Pro Animationshop. Then without any changes export it again to FLIC. And see what happens. If the resulting FLIC doesn't send Civ3FlcEdit to heaven immediately it will after closing. And besides that they all look awfully distorted in different ways they will also crash civ3 itself if inserted.
I don't think this is an issue of the right pallette anymore. Else please correct me.

FYI: I had a lot of very reproducable errors with http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=93032&goto=nextnewest

Suggestions:

Add a new menu point "export to image sequence". It is a tedious task to save every single frame to get to the most common and reliable standard in the professional sector. With an image sequence everybody can produce "standard" conform (so far as we can still talk about of a standard as autodesk itself that can be considered the developer of FLICs, has completely given it up) FLIC files, either using the more widely spread Quicktime Pro or preferably the famous old freeware RAD Video Tools and convert the image sequence there directly to a perfect FLIC (you don't even need to BINK it first).

Make the Storyboard Description File editable by hand.

Another thing I would be very happy with would be a "save reverse Flic" so that if you finally have a perfect Leaderhead animation in one direction, you are just one click away from the backward version.

I think so far it is a marvellous tool, we never had a problem with unit creation, and it is so nice to make all the adjustments (e.g. colorshifts) in one big storybordfile. And also for a preview I generally prefer it over quicktime or irfanview. Please, please keep working on it!!

Cyber D hasn't posted on CFC since Jan 4.
Perhaps someone who knows C++ should give him an email and see if he's ok with the utility been taken over? I'd do it, but I know nothing about programming.

Plotinus, I have that problem too, regarding the extra frames. Vuldacon was the one to point it out to me, and he kindly repaired quite a few of my units. That is the only bad thing about Civ3Edit that I can think of.

i have a small problem since i use vista ;)
(see the screen below)

the animation window is complete white, but the exportfunction works right.
btw: the zoom window looks right, too :D :D :D

Attachments

• Namenlos.jpg
    Namenlos.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 299
I am having the same problem taube87. If someone finds a solution please post it. Thx in advance!

yes, sorry I didn't mention it. I've updated vista entirely. Are there any suggestions from Cyber Dreyk or anyone who knows programming? Also, could someone update and/or revise this utility. I really like it although it lacks some prominent features such as a Government Tab, Game Concept editor, etc. This utility really has the potential to somewhat be an All-in-One editor. I'm willing to learn programming.

I agree, though I wish that someone would come forth. Is Cyber Dreyk still around? Azmorg is correct, another programmer should take over if Cyber D is no longer interested in further development.

Hi Fanatix!

Why do you think I am experiencing continuous crashes using Civ3MM? Though an ancient Civ fan I've got the will to create scenarios only a few days ago and got very excited about this Toolkit and so big was my disappointment not being able to do ANYTHING! I create a new scenario with no-matter-what options, it crashes. I try to import from a .biq file, it crashes. And so on. I was surprised that everyone here told this was a great app not mentioning any such errors. But I have to believe you all, it's my bug :) Anyway, before answering my computer is rubbish, everything else runs on it, I don't think about a general system error or a need to reinstall my good old WinXP, but... no idea.

Please if anyone has a minimal clue don't let me grow hungry of creating my scenario for my sweet Civ3!!!

Thanx!!

Yeah, I'm having troubles with it on Vista. Well that's the only OS I have :crazyeye:.

Anyways, I hope someone can find a fix. I would sure love to edit units and whatnot.

My Vista Ultimate 64 has bad with Civ3FlcEdit:mad:

Please try freshening up with PF5 :D

MfG Wotan49

Attachments

• Civ3FlcEdit.jpg
    Civ3FlcEdit.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 323
Top Bottom