Resource icon

Exploration Continued Expanded (Obsolete)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone else noticing that often the cities will not attack an invader? I was taking Anglo-Saxon cities left and right and many turns did not get attacked when numerous units had surrounded a city.

I really like the look of this mod and am just trying it out in a new game - I've noticed that when I try and use a Great Scout in ancient ruins to make a Great Prophet...nothing happens? I tried it twice in the same game and it just used up the ruins but spawned no Prophet. Has anyone encountered this? Just thought it might be a known issue.. I can post my logs if it'll help!

Yes they give faith towards one initially, but then if you use a great scout and go into ruins after you've already got the first faith bonus from ruins, it gave me the option of making a great prophet, and then nothing happened. I didn't actually check to see whether it had just given me a big boost to faith instead... Will try to recreate it and find out!

I'll just mention that the mod's luxury resources, when used with CBP, still grant 4 happiness each. Tweaked it down to 1 myself, but it would be convenient to have some sort of check that if CBP is enabled, they go down to 1.

Yes they give faith towards one initially, but then if you use a great scout and go into ruins after you've already got the first faith bonus from ruins, it gave me the option of making a great prophet, and then nothing happened. I didn't actually check to see whether it had just given me a big boost to faith instead... Will try to recreate it and find out!

Just curious but what difficulty were you playing on? I recall when playing on some of the lower difficulties you could get free settlers and prophets from ruins. It shouldn't be an ECE exclusive thing, at least I think so.

It's true that the text changes once you've founded your Pantheon and says something like "get a Great Prophet". However what it does is give you 60 faith. That's an in-game feature and in-game text, this is exactly how it works also when you play as Shoshone.

I see well yes I was probably mistaken then! I'm using the EUI for the first time also and I'm not used to the layout yet. My faith probably went up without me realising!

When giving out the starting Warrior, the game looks for the strongest unit available at game start - which for the Shoshone is the Pathfinder. If something is modifying the strength of either the Warrior or the Pathfinder, the strongest of the two will be given. There's nothing in the database that defines this - it must be in the DLL. It's why I must hardcode the matter in ExCE (so if someone is getting this with ExCE, that could be the source) - as otherwise everyone starts with Cossacks! Maybe something could actually be done about it in the CP - pushing out the ability to disable this to XML, and then adding an Era prerequisite to the Civilization_FreeUnits table so that it could be recreated there - dunno; depends how it's coded in the DLL (where: I have no idea).

I remembered something: for some reason, in my last game, each time I loaded a save my dear, OP cossack became a great war infnary unit. Any idea why? It didn't happen with any other tribal unit.

Emo is a very not nice(lol) word in Hebrew, Jifford. So you know what's causing it?
Also, the new wonders(both of ExCE and P&P) are awesome. The Smithsonian institute... Its awesome. Though, why reaserch institutes aren't spawning in puppet cities?

I remembered something: for some reason, in my last game, each time I loaded a save my dear, OP cossack became a great war infnary unit. Any idea why? It didn't happen with any other tribal unit.
Actually, that happens all the time for me with Ninjas, so I suppose it's a more general problem.

I'm currently testing the new corporation system of CBP, and I was wondering if I could temporarily disable the resources added by this mod, since I can't build corporations with them. Otherwise, nice work!

Suggestion: wouldn't it make sense for some buildings(notably the nuclear planet and the factory) to increase production of the resources they require? Would fit the other building changes made by the mod.
Also, what happened to the additional pantheons for the new resources?

Are the colony options meant to be disabled as default? I looked in the UserSettings file and even though it says most of them are meant to be enabled as default, mine are all disabled.

Bug: barbarians sometimes spawn scouting units(the new ones).

Are you planning on adding distance based hazards? Like, if you move far away enough from tiles owned by you then the unit has a chance of converting to a barbarian unit, increased chance for every tile between the unit and the nearest friendly tile (it won't start checking until you are at a fair distance, though). Chances could be reduced and the safe distance could be increased by researching Optics, Compass, and Astronomy, and finally removed when you research Navigation.

The reason I'm asking is because I'm playing on YnAEMP and some crazy stuff has happened settling-wise. In my previous game, Poland colonized western India and Persia moved to Siberia. In this game, Byzantium and China are fighting for Finland, and France plopped a city down on the Fertile Crescent. This is all in the Classical era, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom