New Version - June 27th (6-27)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So it is nothing to do with CBP, then? Like I said, there is no code in BNW (base code of game) that grants the shoshone a free pathfinder at game start.
G

Except I don't use RAS, I only use the things listed in the recommended thread + Merlin and sometimes that rotate map thing.

Except I don't use RAS, I only use the things listed in the recommended thread + Merlin and sometimes that rotate map thing.

I do not use RAS, either. As I said, I had _only_ CP and CBP active.

Also, I should note that this patch represents the end of the CBP's feature roadmap!

:dance:

From this point forward, the CP and CBP will focus on bugfixes, optimizations, and smaller balance issues. No more new features, which means no more new things for you to learn about.

Cheers,
G

Great new extensions and hope i can now end a game without 10 version's behind :D

Was there any change's on columns/tables (new/deleted/renamed)?
Need flavor's for corporation's? :D

So it is nothing to do with CBP, then? Like I said, there is no code in BNW (base code of game) that grants the shoshone a free pathfinder at game start.
G

I don't know how it's coded, but in base BNW the Shoshone are definitely supposed to start with a pathfinder.

I don't know how it's coded, but in base BNW the Shoshone are definitely supposed to start with a pathfinder.

Not sure - like I said, I don't see anything in the BNW XML for it. I also don't mess with that logic at all. Who knows. I'll take a look.
G

Not sure - like I said, I don't see anything in the BNW XML for it. I also don't mess with that logic at all. Who knows. I'll take a look.
G

When giving out the starting Warrior, the game looks for the strongest unit available at game start - which for the Shoshone is the Pathfinder. If something is modifying the strength of either the Warrior or the Pathfinder, the strongest of the two will be given. There's nothing in the database that defines this - it must be in the DLL. It's why I must hardcode the matter in ExCE (so if someone is getting this with ExCE, that could be the source) - as otherwise everyone starts with Cossacks! Maybe something could actually be done about it in the CP - pushing out the ability to disable this to XML, and then adding an Era prerequisite to the Civilization_FreeUnits table so that it could be recreated there - dunno; depends how it's coded in the DLL (where: I have no idea).

When giving out the starting Warrior, the game looks for the strongest unit available at game start - which for the Shoshone is the Pathfinder. If something is modifying the strength of either the Warrior or the Pathfinder, the strongest of the two will be given. There's nothing in the database that defines this - it must be in the DLL. It's why I must hardcode the matter in ExCE (so if someone is getting this with ExCE, that could be the source) - as otherwise everyone starts with Cossacks! Maybe something could actually be done about it in the CP - pushing out the ability to disable this to XML, and then adding an Era prerequisite to the Civilization_FreeUnits table so that it could be recreated there - dunno; depends how it's coded in the DLL (where: I have no idea).

Wonderful. Hard-coded nonsense is the best. I'll take a look for the next major patch (probably not the hotfix).

Edit: heh, nevermind, it was an easy fix (relatively speaking). If you add free units to the Civilization_FreeUnits table, it'll now override that table. Essentially, it spawns 'UNITAI_DEFENSE' units up to the Era/Handicap value for the human/ai. I simply told it not spawn that if the number of 'free' units has already been met by the Civilization_FreeUnits table.
G

I just realized that AI's won't accept cities as gifts or even trades if you're at peace.

We should definitely be able to give vassals cities IMO, at the very least cities that used to be theirs. Could this be added to the next version?

I just realized that AI's won't accept cities as gifts or even trades if you're at peace.

We should definitely be able to give vassals cities IMO, at the very least cities that used to be theirs. Could this be added to the next version?

Incorrect - you can sell cities if the civs want them. The code is there, and it works. City gifting is too exploitable, sorry. Make vassal, dump cities, de-vassal. And so on.

G

Giving vassals cities that used to be theirs is an exploit? That is hard to see.

Catherine won't even buy back Novgorod, a beautiful 24-size city, fully developed, on the coast with huge borders, that I simply don't need.

Giving vassals cities that used to be theirs is an exploit? That is hard to see.

Catherine won't even buy back Novgorod, a beautiful 24-size city, fully developed, on the coast with huge borders, that I simply don't need.

She probably can't afford it, or her happiness is too low to do so.
G

Wonderful. Hard-coded nonsense is the best. I'll take a look for the next major patch (probably not the hotfix).

Edit: heh, nevermind, it was an easy fix (relatively speaking). If you add free units to the Civilization_FreeUnits table, it'll now override that table. Essentially, it spawns 'UNITAI_DEFENSE' units up to the Era/Handicap value for the human/ai. I simply told it not spawn that if the number of 'free' units has already been met by the Civilization_FreeUnits table.
G

Awesome, but won't Civilization_FreeUnits spawn, for instance, Warriors even if the player begins in a later era?

Awesome, but won't Civilization_FreeUnits spawn, for instance, Warriors even if the player begins in a later era?

Yep - I didn't gather that that was the concern you had. I'll add a check that makes sure said unit isn't obsolete - if it is, I'll have it make a comparable unit of the same AI type.

G

I have seen a few wars going on forever in my previous games, with me being in a war with another civs for centuries before I decided to launch a massive attack and break its morale. The problem is, during centuries the war was a tie : no conquer on both side, a bit of trade harrassment, and that's it. At one point I tought the AI would agree and decide to make peace, but I could not even discuss with the AI, which is problematic.

The AI gets the same happiness malus as the player during a long war ?

I have seen a few wars going on forever in my previous games, with me being in a war with another civs for centuries before I decided to launch a massive attack and break its morale. The problem is, during centuries the war was a tie : no conquer on both side, a bit of trade harrassment, and that's it. At one point I tought the AI would agree and decide to make peace, but I could not even discuss with the AI, which is problematic.

The AI gets the same happiness malus as the player during a long war ?

In my latest game I have been at war with Etheopia since turn 20 or so, the first 100 turns nothing happened, not a single exchange of blows, yet they refuse to have peace, now we're nearing turn 400 and still, they refuse peace, and my war weariness is now around -35 :sad:

In my latest game I have been at war with Etheopia since turn 20 or so, the first 100 turns nothing happened, not a single exchange of blows, yet they refuse to have peace, now we're nearing turn 400 and still, they refuse peace, and my war weariness is now around -35 :sad:

I have the same scenario, with Ethiopia actually, after 2000 years they will sue for peace asking me for all of my luxuries, But i have razed 5 cities and taken one big one from them.....weird and annoying.

I have the same scenario, with Ethiopia actually, after 2000 years they will sue for peace asking me for all of my luxuries, But i have razed 5 cities and taken one big one from them.....weird and annoying.

Yep.
I am experiencing the same. AIs in the 21/6 version don't want peace.

I went to war against Sweden in a coalition. We barely fight but Gustavus keeps wasting units to my city for some suicide mission. After 100 turns of minimal conflict, Sweden still wants all my luxury and gold.

I am not saying war is not fun. But war happens a lot in this game and there are inevitably some "bluffing wars". AI should be able to evaluate the threat of their enemies by the measure of distance/military size/city vulnerability and send troops accordingly.

Back to my game, I was like 15 tiles away and didn't share any border with Gustavus. I simply don't get why he doesn't want peace with me.

Back to my game, I was like 15 tiles away and didn't share any border with Gustavus. I simply don't get why he doesn't want peace with me.

Probably because he still had a unit and positional advantage. It is really stupid but you usually have to beat some sense into the AI now if you get into a conflict.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom