Age of Imperialism

Eberron would be kickass.

Hey, I'm making a big spreadsheet full of ideas for this mod. Once I'm done with it, should I post it here or PM it to someone?

Do whatever you feel like.

I knowm you focus on the Netherlands(oops?), but do you have an Italy design in mind? i posted some ideas in the D&D thread.

Yes, here's Italia:

The Kingdom of Italy

Victor Emmanuel III

Fratelli d’Italia
:c5puppet: Puppets generate :c5culture: Culture per turn and provide a large amount of :c5culture: Culture upon being :c5puppet: Puppeted. These bonuses are doubled for coastal :c5puppet: Puppets. Units have +30% :c5strength: Combat Strength when defending next to Mountains.

Caproni
Cheaper than the Great War Bomber it replaces. May be stationed on sea tiles in friendly territory.

Italia
Slightly faster and stronger than the Ironclad it replaces. In addition to the regular city bonus of the Ironclad, the Italia receives +25% :c5strength: Combat Strength against cities when within 7 tiles of an Italian city.

Won't it make more sense to use Ascari or Arditi as a UU, rather than a bomber replacement(whose uniqueness I don't entirely understand)?
(Also, defensive bonus in a UA that is based on conquests? A bit... Unusual.)

I think "Italian Italia" would be kinda weird of an unit, I'd second that another Infantry would be better.

As for the UA, what if instead it were "Puppet Cities don't contribute to Social Policy Culture cost"?

Hmm... Yeah, that would be kinda weird. The thing is I want a naval unit in there.

I thought Puppets didn't increase Social Policy costs?

1. Why? Also, what's with the seven tiles distance? This bonus will rarely be useful(for me at least) and its not significant enough considering the ironclad already has a bonus vs. Cities. You could perhaps replace the bomber with askari or Arditi? Please?
(Besides remember that playing with two italys, both having ironclad replacements is a bit weird....)

2. No, they don't increase it.

Call it 'Italia class', solved.
A Victor Emmanuel civ with no WW1 referrence is not a Victor Emmanuel civ.
Askari's are not super Italian and we plan to use them for another civ, Italy needs a naval unit in regards to their colonial empire.
Italians were the first to use airplanes in the war. Besides, waterplanes are kickass!

Oh also, a one time bonus for capturing a city, and another for actually holding on to that city? I don't see how a defensive bonus is out of place here...

Call it 'Italia class', solved.
A Victor Emmanuel civ with no WW1 referrence is not a Victor Emmanuel civ.
Askari's are not super Italian and we plan to use them for another civ, Italy needs a naval unit in regards to their colonial empire.
Italians were the first to use airplanes in the war. Besides, waterplanes are kickass!

Oh also, a one time bonus for capturing a city, and another for actually holding on to that city? I don't see how a defensive bonus is out of place here...

1. And the Arditi? Though, a naval unit is a must- be.
2. Well... By the time I do produce great war bombers, I already can build them in 2- 4 turns, and... Would be nice if the "friendly" was "neutral".
3. How many times exactly do you fight near mountains?

They are commando.
(Lol, and what is the musketeer?)

Natan, how do you know they are commando?

Its in the Wikipedia page.... well, they are called "elite storm troopers", actually.

So they should just be in game because they are commando? I really don't see what is wrong with using a bomber unit with special properties like this, besides there is only one existing variant of this unit so far. What even does the critique about building them in 2-4 turns mean? Dont infantry units have the same production at that point?...

If you want a commando unit so bad you should just try to keep your upgraded units alive :p

Just a random question but considering you have German West Africa on the list, have you thought about doing German East Africa under Hermann von Wissman or Heinrich Schnee?

By the way, it's [REDACTED] with Doc, Nix and me!

By the way, it's [REDACTED] with Doc, Nix and me!

Isn't that our world just without superwaffle? :p
Also, stop redacting my hype pls. Its kinda [Family Friendly Forum] annoying.

Top Bottom