No Info about enemy "stacks" and impossible to attack cities? (iOS)

Trubbles

Chieftain
I picked up CivRev for my iPhone as well as my iPad.

I'm a huge fan of the series, and the idea of playing on the go is very appealing!

However, there are a couple of headaches I can not seem to get past:

1. I can not see any information about stacks of enemy units. I can select them, but it shows no information. How can I plan my strategy when I have no idea what I'm facing? Am I supposed to watch REALLY carefully when they take their turns?? Seems very un-strategic.

2. I can not see what is stationed in a city. Last night in the early game on mid difficulty, I tried to attack an enemy city - I used 3-unit armies of my most powerful units (I tried Catapults, Archers and Cavalry) and nothing even made a scratch - or if it did, I had no way of knowing.

3. There doesn't seem to be anything that ties a leader to their color. When someone declares war on me, I find myself guessing "was that guy a Persian or an Arab or a Mongol??" Even in the diplomacy screen, nothing ties it to the color.

4. If I am right that the 3 features above are not implemented / half baked, is the console version any better? Just wondering. I like the idea of playing Civ from the couch :)

In the mean time, back to Civ V for me :(

I picked up CivRev for my iPhone as well as my iPad.
2. I can not see what is stationed in a city. Last night in the early game on mid difficulty, I tried to attack an enemy city - I used 3-unit armies of my most powerful units (I tried Catapults, Archers and Cavalry) and nothing even made a scratch - or if it did, I had no way of knowing.

Given the fact that being able to see what you're attacking in a city is a unit upgrade (Scout), I'm thinking this was a conscious decision on the part of the developers.

Top Bottom