CivV BNW -- new patch (notes) (mainly MP)

If so... why does this issue not affect you at Firaxis as it does to the others? What's the difference between you and the people that are encountering that many problems? The computers? The connection? The game settings? Any clue that can help us guess what really happens?

Thanks for your efforts.

Enviado desde mi ST25i usando Tapatalk 2

We haven't determined what triggers these desyncs yet. Strangely, we're not encountering this at the the same rate internally.

We could use some multiplayer logs from additional games.

Nothing strange here.

Whether you are only trying MP games within your local network at Firaxis and don't ever play a real MP game online at home (or you would have seen it A LOT and would have bring your own logs to your job)

Or you have found the problem and just don't know how to fix it

Or you prefer not to release a patch only 2 weeks after the last one because that would look bad.

Either way, Firaxis make me sick. I can't play my favorite game for 2 weeks now. Single player just not worth it. Civ BE is probably one of the worst game I ever bought and now I have to listen to a guy from firaxis saying bulls$%t...sorry but that's what it is and clearly I will have to wait a long time before Firaxis corrects the problem because they just don't care about their core fans. I hope one day Firaxis release a SDK to modify the SP AI. The community would develop a better AI in less than a month and I would finally enjoy playing SP games....but that's another story.

If so... why does this issue not affect you at Firaxis as it does to the others? What's the difference between you and the people that are encountering that many problems? The computers? The connection? The game settings? Any clue that can help us guess what really happens?
That's the big question at this point. The community has been all over the map with what it could be. Based on some of the logs provided by the community, it looks like the resyncs are frequently occur after city ranged attacks, but the actual source of the desyncs occurs much earlier in the game and isn't clear yet.

It would be helpful if we could have some fans try playing multiplayer with the default game settings (noting their interface options) and see if that's more likely to desync.

I just hosted a 6 player game in public multiplayer and the game was scrap at turn 2.

1. Someone disc/crash at turn 2.
2. We waited the timer to goes to 0
3. Nothing happened when timer hit 0
4. We were able to chat/check science, etc.. but the turn wont finish
5. After 1 minute someone quit because the game was scrap
6. Immediatly when he left, the turn ended and we flipped to turn 3. But it was too late for this game...

We didn't saw the resync screen.

Here the settings and logs of the host and from another player.

Attachments

• GameSetting.png
    GameSetting.png
    224 KB · Views: 187
  • GAME1_HOST_TURN2.zip
    73.7 KB · Views: 207
  • GAME1_PLAYER2_TURN2.zip
    70.3 KB · Views: 168
I hosted a second game with 6 peoples on public multiplayer.

1. Same settings than the first game
2. The game Resync at the end of the turn 4
3. The host crashed on the resync
4. The host left the game, and the game frooze with the new host : the timer went to 0 second but nobody cant end the turn
5. Someone left the game and the turn ended
6. Game scrap GG

Attachments

• Game2_HOST_turn4.zip
    84.8 KB · Views: 202
  • Game2_Player_turn4.zip
    98.5 KB · Views: 129
Game 3 : same settings, 6 multiplayers game

1. Someone drop/crash at turn 2
2. Game resync at turn 5
3. The guys who crashed at turn 2, hot join the game at turn 7
4. Game resync at tunr 7
5. Host crash at the resync
6. Only 3 ppl left after the resync
7. Timer hit 0, impossible to do anything, GG

Attachments

• GAME3_PLAYER_turn8.zip
    134.5 KB · Views: 140
  • Game3_HOST_turn7.zip
    124.5 KB · Views: 187
GAME4 : 6 MultiPlayers same settings as above

1.Resync on turn 9
2.Host crashed on resync
3.Host tried to hotjoin but impossible : got the "error joining multiplayer"
4.Turn timer to 0, but everything is stuck, GG

Attachments

• GAME4_HOST_TURN9.zip
    75.5 KB · Views: 212
  • GAME4_PLAYER_TURN9.zip
    128.7 KB · Views: 219
Grim we really appreciate the help. To bad, like we been saying they cant fix their own problem. Just roll back the old patch already GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GAME 5 : 6 players multiplayer

BUT i set resources to : Legenday Start

1. No issue, no crash, no Resync

I left the game on turn 35 because everything was OK

Added the auto save from this game and the previous game (game 4)

Attachments

• GAME5_PLAYER_NO-BUG.zip
    450.5 KB · Views: 199
  • GAME5_HOST_NO-ISSUE.zip
    481.9 KB · Views: 201
  • AutoSave_0035 BC-1900.Civ5Save
    634.5 KB · Views: 185
  • 0ldAutoSave_0009 BC-3460.Civ5Save
    577.6 KB · Views: 139
What I would give to get rid of stupid bison and cocoa just to be able to play civ again... Smh

GAME 6 : 6 player multiplayers. with LEGENDARY START as resource :/

1. Resync at the end of turn 6
2. Host crashed during the resync
3. Game stuck, timer to 0 still at turn 6
4. Someone left, immediatly turn 7 start
5. No issue during turn 7 and 8, but game is scrap 2 ppl missing..

I'm done with the crash testing.
Very easy to reproduce those bugs, only 1 game on 6 was ok.

Before the october 27th I had no issue for hosting game (played more than 1 000 hours)

Attachments

• GAME6_HOST_TURN6.zip
    89.3 KB · Views: 185
  • GAME6_PLAYER_TURN8.zip
    113.6 KB · Views: 119
  • AutoSave_0006 BC-3640.Civ5Save
    575.8 KB · Views: 132
GAME 6 : 6 player multiplayers. with LEGENDARY START as resource :/
Thank you for the logs. I'll check them out.

However, in the future, please note that I can't debug desync problems without the logs (with multiplayer logging enabled) from all players in the game.

Apparently we are not many who play MP anymore.. or what? Why are there so few people complaining about this? Not many >2 MP gamers or what?

I hate when I don't know if the problem lies at the individual gamer or the game itself and I hate it even more when the game developers are dead silence about it.

with the crowd and settings (no barbs no CS no ai)i usually play, there where only resynchs with shift moves before patch. Kind of 0 crashes/synchs without these.
Now resynchs happen when multiple people move in last 5 sec of turns.

Resynchs are somehow related to engine not being able to handle multiple moves "at once" therefore every1 playing with barbs and CS counteres numberous resynchs as the "ai" (barbs and CS) moves are coded/done all in between turns.

So the resynch problem isnt a totaly new problem but just something having made worse. The underlying problem is a old one.

Obviously the core problem is the "no server" but host system. Game "running" on host machine somehow isnt able to handle too many inputs/moves at once and sending them back to clients. But its really a shame as with 1upt and limitd number of units the information to be procesed SHOULD be so small that it SHOULD be np in 2014.

I have 2 games here with logs on, just from my side though. once i was a joiner, we even reformed the game after the first crash on turn 7, it then froze on 0s.

2nd game is a full random 6 player game hosted on the internet like ive played for years. it did 3 resyncs, 2 i survived, on the 3th i crashed out.

Attachments

• 14-nov-turn7+reload.rar
    47.1 KB · Views: 206
  • 14-now-game2-mehost.rar
    154.3 KB · Views: 173
It's okay, do not fix the bug.
Beyond earth is out and all devs from firaxis are not able to reproduce the bug.

All logs from people are [snip]

So I've just bought a new PS4 with assassin's creed. GG =)

I don't need anything more from Fixaris!

Moderator Action: Please do not try to avoid the auto censor. Word removed
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

The problem with firaxis is their response time with fixes, look at how long it took them to fix the game breaking science overflow exploit or the trade bug. if that were to happen in for example an mmo it would be fixed in hours, not weeks.
They should have their entire dev team drop what they're doing and work on this problem, not just one guy. Im sure there are plenty of people around that worked on BE, with the same engine, and the same bugs, it just happens less frequently there.
i Think they really underestimate how important the problem is to the online community, and their brand reputation as a result

Top Bottom