Trade routes: Only between your cities?

I was under the impression that trade routes were now how you traded resources with other civs.

Is that not correct? I watched the sunday pax demo and that does not seem to be the case.

No. You still trade resources via diplomacy. And you still have the road routes that connect your cities for a little currency.

The International Trade Routes generate gold, science, and Tourism, and religious pressure. The sender gets more benefits than the receiver. Buildings such as the market can increase the benefits of the receiver. Having resources in the city of origin increases the gold output of the trade route for the sender. You can send them to other civs or to city-states, or you can use them to generate extra food or production in destinations within your own empire.

Trading Posts are another question. They haven't been visible in the screenshots or demo of BNW. We don't know if they are the same, changed, or removed.

This is how I understood it so far:

Trading Strategic or Luxury Ressources still goes over the diplomacy screen.
Internal Trading Routes give :c5food: or :c5production:. (at least, maybe also other yields possible)
External Trading Routes (to civs or City States) give :c5gold:. (at least, maybe also other yields possible, I'm not sure about :c5science: here)
There is still the trade route and railroad connection to the capital. (At least, noone so far said they had taken it out, they only spoke about the :c5gold: on river and coastal tiles).

Btw. wouldn't it be great if you could trade Great Works too via the Diplomacy Screen? Attack a civ to fill up your own museums for Victory :)

The screen shot shows external trade routes to city states give gold to both players. (The human's city was getting more; but the city state also got some)

While the internal one (can be food or hammer but not both) is to just one of them. It's also in this case not clear if the bonus is coming from nowhere or if its instead being taken from the other city.

There didn't seem to be a screen shot of a route with a major AI.

There's no screenshot of a route with another civilization because, in the demo, they hadn't met any other civs yet.

Top Bottom