from immortal to deity...

Yeah I generally only refuse DoFs if it would mean that more people would hate me over it. I also generally denounce semi-irrelevant AIs (or if I want to attack), to get the "I share your conviction..." modifier

russia 5.jpg

first deity win! boring late game ( science :sad: ) but a win is a win...

i was ahead in tech 92% to 74% being the average... i dont think anyone was close... all to busy opening peity and going for their digs and getting mad cuz of ideologies and dowing eachother after the first 90% of the game was peaceful... at one point i had 7DoF's!!! then indo took order and i already had freedom so i got denounced lol... kept everybody busy late with bribes into wars while i purchased 4 of my 6 ship parts and built the other 2...

russia 3.jpg

bulbed into rationalism with a great writer on turn 120 with my cap at 20 pop... free thought at like 165 ( won worlds fair )

russia 4.jpg

labs purchased on 216 and i spawned 15 total scientists... 2 faith bought ( aswell as engineer for hubble ) plus the PT and Hubble ones... not bad for cathy...

from turn 80ish on i was in WLTKD in my cap... big help for having like half my tiles as plain tundra...

feels nice but i would really like to get a domination victory now... ive tried pedro's honor thing and ive tried the moriarte liberty thing and i just feel like im too slow to get an advantage... which civ should i use and what policies? poland protectionism with honor opener?

First Deity win? You humble me. NC by T83 yet Education by T105, Rationalism at 120, got to Plastics by 215 without having built the Oxford? That kind of growth smackdab in the middle of tundra? It seems you are already a better player than I am.

For personal reference purposes, how many RAs do you sign in this game?

due to AI inability in endgame and espüacially bulbing, deity isnt really harder to win - just might be bit slower.

The only real difference can happen with several warmongers close, These are really lot harder to handle on deity. But to me it Looks like last patches made AI incredible peaceful anyway.

First Deity win? You humble me. NC by T83 yet Education by T105, Rationalism at 120, got to Plastics by 215 without having built the Oxford? That kind of growth smackdab in the middle of tundra? It seems you are already a better player than I am.

For personal reference purposes, how many RAs do you sign in this game?

zero ;) i could have but choose to purchase all public schools and research labs... also had two cultural city states and one maritime city state alied all the way... and i was very active on the WLTKD... purchasing those schools and labs gave me like 10 more turns of science sooner with each... just the way i decided to go about it... and i had the tech lead around architecture so....... :)

due to AI inability in endgame and espüacially bulbing, deity isnt really harder to win - just might be bit slower.

The only real difference can happen with several warmongers close, These are really lot harder to handle on deity. But to me it Looks like last patches made AI incredible peaceful anyway.

i completely agree... once i had DoF's with nearby neighbors ( one of which never got to expand and was last in everything ) it was sealed... did a lump sum trade with askia alot and i think that made it less attractive for him to DoW me... and i also had a decent army to show off on my borders to scare the AI's away...

i would like to get a Dom victory next... i feel like its the most rewarding, especially with a start next to rome or something... loved attacking with comps on immortal but on deity the ai gets pikes at like turn 60 :(

tommy how do u deal with early wars on deity? liberty? honor?

Just started Deity myself and the killer instinct aspect of the AI is the biggest challenge like some here said. But in playing Poland (OP) and I got Salt start (no re rolls either) with Lake Victoria 6 tiles from capital and I'm isolated from the rest of the continent by a span of 4 mountains. Went with Tradition and Liberty (from all the extra policies) and founded 7 pretty good cities.

Sorry to ressurect a thread from 2 weeks ago, but I have the same problem as OP and I still don't think I can do it even with all the tips posted here. I too can win on immortal with my eyes closed, but my biggest problem is specifically on the first 80 turns of deity. The closest AI will ALWAYS attack me with a doom army of ~15 units between warriors/archers/catapults by T40, when all I have is about 4 or 5 units. Seems like what trigger them attacking me is when I settle my first city, and it seems impossible to don't piss off anyone when settling on deity, since there is so little space because of their extra starting settler.

Yeah winning immortal is so possible particularly with tradition> rationalism> freedom.

The closest AI will ALWAYS attack me with a doom army of ~15 units between warriors/archers/catapults by T40, when all I have is about 4 or 5 units.

Seems quite impossible for me that they ALWAYS attack, but anyway attack them first with scout and initial warrior! (steal workers, plunder trade routes)

Chances are they become even friends with you after war (~10 turns, more if you want steal more workers)

Systematic DoW where more a thing of G&K. Nowadays peaceful game are rather common. THe exception is the occasional warmonger. Either way try bribing and make archers/CB. Better a delay than dying, the inability of the AI to tech efficiently will let you catch up anyway.

Seems quite impossible for me that they ALWAYS attack, but anyway attack them first with scout and initial warrior! (steal workers, plunder trade routes)

Chances are they become even friends with you after war (~10 turns, more if you want steal more workers)

Certain AIs will always attack. Perhaps it is impossible but Dido has attacked me EVERY. SINGLE. TIME she was close. I don't really get creamed that often but the delays are annoying

if i can get my cities down next to a peaceful neighbor i feel like i have won 80% of the game already... my problem is bad luck i guess... always attilla, rome, and japan right next door :crazyeye:

I'm an immortal player looking to make the jump. I've played competitive games on deity but never won. For my next try I think I am going to use the Inca. Poland may give you a better finish time, but I think there is a lot to love about the Inca UA on a new level. Hills are easier to defend; terrace farms and observatories in most cities are honestly not that far behind Korea and Babylon as science boosts; you can often use land the AI doesn't snap up with its first 3 cities; you have more money and production than most civs. Anyway, that's my thinking and I'll have to wait and see how it goes.

Top Bottom