City range Civ III

faremoutgames

Chieftain
Good afternoon,
I play on Civilization V, and I decided to play again to Civilization III, but I forgot the range of the city (to do worked our inhabitants) is so little.
Does he exist a way to modify its to 2 to 3 ?

EX :

Yes that is normal in default Civ3. The city has that area but it doesnt utilize it as production tiles. Antal's Patches has fixed this so all of the tiles that a city has under it's control can be used. Some people have had some issues running this, but I was able to use them myself.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=526285

OK, but I don't understand what I have to modify, after intsalling the patch.
It's a little difficult and I haven't a very good english level. Just a level to speak correctly in normal sentences.

There is no need to modify anything in the terrain.

Or did you still encounter this problem? http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=13386513&postcount=5

In that case follow Sigurds advice from the same thread:
Make a copy of one of the other pcx-files (in the terrain folder) provided and rename it "canal_bottleneck.pcx". It worked for me, and according to Antal these files are not yet used in the patch anyway.

You just have to place the files from the zip into your conquest folder and then launch the game as usual (the original Civ3conquests.exe will be overwritten).

No, I haven't any problem, but the patch don't work, the space which my inhabiutants can exploit correspond to the red line and not the violet in my precedent picture

Please check and if necessary correct the C3CPF.ini in the conquest folder.

Code:
[main]
log=false
log_time=false
[city_tiles]
extended_limit=[COLOR="Blue"]true[/COLOR]
improvement_required=false

It works on my older PC under Windows XP. What Windows version are you using? :confused:

The installation process for his patches are very simple. From what i remember i think you just put the launcher and another file in the conquests part of the root folder of civ3 and launch it. On mine I didnt overwrite anything it was a separate file.

I run it on Windows 7.

Yes, you can run it with old save games.

No, as it is selected instead the civ3conquests.exe like the noraze-patch, you can run only one patch (either Antals or the Noraze) at the same time.

You will have to choose, but choose wisely (as I have seen a KI razing a city with both Smith Trading and Sun Tzu in it :eek: ).

Antal has written that he intented to add the noraze to his own patch, but this was some time ago with no known progress. :(

Top Bottom