Prevent unit from attacking city

jlvfr

King
Hia folks

I'm trying to do some costumization for a scenario, but I can't find out if a rule I want is possible.

Specifically, I want to prevent a certain unit from attacking cities. Said unit can attack anything outsider of a city, just not a city (or units in it). Is this possible?

Sounds like you wanna build a battleship? You could also build an air unit, remove the 'immobile' flag, give it attack/defense/movement, and it does just what you mentioned.

The only downsides are the unit will fly on any terrain unrestricted, It will be destroyed unless fighting another air unit, and the AI will not know how to use them. If you mod is for multi-player then its good, but if not the AI will suck bad.

This is all i know.

I want to build a land unit called "Caravan raiders". Can't have those attacking citis.

Also I dont know what might happen if you give it 0 attack but some defense.
This will render the unit unable to attack any unit, colony or enemy structures - not only cities. It will only be able to defend. In my experience, AI isn't too keen on building such units, either.
Except for the Hidden Nationality-trick (which only prevents human-controlled units from attacking cities) I don't think this kind of restriction is possible - but I hope I'm mistakin'.

If you wished this unit to be used only for the Human Player who is always the same Civilization, you could create a "Hidden Nationality" unit by getting a special building to produce it.

not sure if this works but how about unticking the Capture box in the editor . Am always thinking about testing that but never have the time . The AI probably will still not be using it but it could help otherwise . My experience is that you can use Hidden Nation units if you are at war to attack the said cities .

hm make it a air unit. with the aility wheeled, then giv every water tile the "impassale for wheeled units" thus it should prevent from attackin or better capturing cities.

Top Bottom