The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men

palantirion

Chieftain

The Fourth Age Development Team have released the complete, full version of The Dominion of Men, the long-awaited final instalment of the multi-award-winning series.

The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men is a mod for Rome Total War: Barbarian Invasion that brings Tolkien's Middle-earth to the game, bursting at the seams with innovative gameplay features, splendid visuals and audio, beautiful textual descriptions and mind-boggling attention to detail, and described by TWC's official reviewer as...

"awesome... the best mod of Barbarian Invasion that I've ever seen. Almost everything in the mod uses the Rome engine to the fullest of its capabilities, [and] the story is beautifully incorporated."

So take the opportunity to experience an exciting campaign inspired by Tolkien's unfinished manuscript, The New Shadow, and savour the taste of the true spirit of Middle-earth in this lore-accurate iteration of Tolkien's world!

Visit Website & Watch Video Review

Download Here!

So this will be the release with the full map rather then just the south?
Nice, looking forward to it.

Yes, The Dominion of Men will include the full map of Middle-earth and all factions. It will be the final product, not a module, and will be built upon a much-enhanced version of past modules.
Cool. FATW was the first RTW mod I downloaded and I still think it is the best LOTR mod out there. It actualy inspired me to try and read the Silmarillion (I got halfway through).

The narrator sounds a bit like Tom Hardy ;).

I'm looking forward to it!

any news?

Thank you for your interest. The 3rd dev diary will probably be out in a couple of weeks. Meanwhile there are some screenshots up at the official forums:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=410778&page=2

post #31 showing some WIP reworked environments.

There'll probably be some more screenshots later this week.

I will post again when the 3rd dev. diary is up.

All of the pics except the first are a red X. :(
Based on what I saw, it looks nice.

On the forums, I think Aradan (mod leader) is expecting the release to be late in 2011.

It won't be done for May/June. Late summer at the earliest, Autumn most likely, Winter possibly if things don't go smoothly or with as much support as needed. But it will be 2011 :D

Any support appreciated (please contact on our forums)!

Just curious, why don't people mod Empires:TW for this project? Is Empires that bad to the root?

FATW has been going on since 2006. The Dominion of Men is the culmination of the Corsair Invasion, Forth Eorlingas, and The New Shadow releases.

Furthermore, Empire lacks many of the in-depth modding features used in FATW and the unit AI is more awkward. Plus, FATW doesn't use gunpowder. At all.

Play third age total war. Medieval is much better than RTW.

Top Bottom