Resource icon

JFD's Rise to Power

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are multiple ways, but most require the player to take active measures to keep Piety afloat:

- choose a follower belief that will net you easy Piety for city growth / building stuff / killing or training units
- spread your religion to other civs - when they adopt your religion, you get a big Piety boost. also applicable to city states, so make sure they adopt your state religion.
- go into Piety policy tree - one of the policies (Infallibility) will give you a small sum of Piety for purchasing things with faith. You could quickly buy a few cheap units to restore Piety quickly, or buy a few buildings from your second follower belief
- declare Repentance decision - costly, but it restores your Piety to maximum. It will last for a good chunk of time if you minimise Piety loss, so it's good to take in medieval era or early renaissance. Should suffice before secularisation.
- build the Grand Inquisition national wonder, it raises your Piety resting state and increases Piety gain from all sources by 25%. (I don't remember if converting production into Piety still is there in the mod, but seek out the Inquisition mechanic, like you would search Wealth and Research - in Projects, down below in the city's build menu).
- save up Faith for a Great Prophet. If you have a free slot for a Great Work of Art, you can expend the Prophet for a Relic and a sum of Piety.

Another good option to keep your Piety up is adopting a foreign religion which looks to be strong. The AI will always spread religion more efficiently than the player, meaning that more civs and city states will adopt it, which will reward you with extra Piety each time that happens.

Yes, there is an Inquisition process that *might* still have to be worked in all cities for it to work; and iirc the Piety from producing a GWA was removed last update. Some Follower beliefs are inately better at producing Piety than others, and the Piety policy is a lifesaver.

There are multiple ways, but most require the player to take active measures to keep Piety afloat:

- choose a follower belief that will net you easy Piety for city growth / building stuff / killing or training units
- spread your religion to other civs - when they adopt your religion, you get a big Piety boost. also applicable to city states, so make sure they adopt your state religion.
- go into Piety policy tree - one of the policies (Infallibility) will give you a small sum of Piety for purchasing things with faith. You could quickly buy a few cheap units to restore Piety quickly, or buy a few buildings from your second follower belief
- declare Repentance decision - costly, but it restores your Piety to maximum. It will last for a good chunk of time if you minimise Piety loss, so it's good to take in medieval era or early renaissance. Should suffice before secularisation.
- build the Grand Inquisition national wonder, it raises your Piety resting state and increases Piety gain from all sources by 25%. (I don't remember if converting production into Piety still is there in the mod, but seek out the Inquisition mechanic, like you would search Wealth and Research - in Projects, down below in the city's build menu).
- save up Faith for a Great Prophet. If you have a free slot for a Great Work of Art, you can expend the Prophet for a Relic and a sum of Piety.

Another good option to keep your Piety up is adopting a foreign religion which looks to be strong. The AI will always spread religion more efficiently than the player, meaning that more civs and city states will adopt it, which will reward you with extra Piety each time that happens.

On top of those, choosing a religion that is your neighbors' preference would make it more likely for them to adopt it. For example, Sweden seems to convert to Protestantism moment they meet its founder.

Thank you :goodjob:

'Cause of the top panel bug. I got rid of it by deleting some folders here and there, but it still needs fixing...

Well, I finally found the problem that had been plaguing me for the longest time about the state religion changing/secularizing not working and the claims system going defunct. Turns out I had an old, inert 34 civ version of whoward's dll sitting around, and it has the same ID as the community patch. Despite never touching the thing, it looks like the game still got confused somehow. Getting rid of that seems to have solved everything.

Edit: By game, it's probably the SDK, since that's what I use to load my massive amount of mods nowadays.

Hey guys, have an issue here. I can't choose a state religion. From what I gathered the problem might be in LUA files/ UI mess up. Could I get an expansion on that? Do i need to delete some files or change the code? I am using a variety of other civs made by JFD + full CBP (maybe that is the problem, just want to clarify). Attached are the mods I use. Couldn't get all of them in, sorry. Obviously using RtP and Cultular Diversity as well. Also using EUI. Thank you.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 145
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 113
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 134
Make sure you're using the EUI Comp. Files for the JFD mods, and that you've cleared cache. Also remove any mods that might affect the Religions screen. You're looking for a picture of your religon/the pantheon bolt above all the belief info; click on it to choose your State Religion. If you're really struggling, screenshot your Religon Overview page (the first religion one).

Yeah so basically I found Christianity and from the pic you can hopefully see a black square that appears when I hover over 'choose your state religion'. It doesn't let me click on it (additionally it doesnt let me click on the 'State religions' and 'World Map' options. I was extra careful when handling with EUI and all the mods are EUI compatible, even infoaddict. Just bugs me that I can't ind out whats wrong with this. What is also pretty weird is that the AI can adopt state religions and I can't. Also how do I clear my cache? I only know how to verify it on steam (i know i am a noob :D) My dignitaries system is also pretty messed up for some reason, like i can't push any claims through with city-states at all.

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 115
I seem to have found a problem. Just using the core community patch without the balace overhaul, c4df and CSD fixes the fact that I couldnt change a state religion/ Don't know if that is a well known fact but thanks for the help anyway. Is the mod not compatible with balance overhaul etc??

Yeah so basically I found Christianity and from the pic you can hopefully see a black square that appears when I hover over 'choose your state religion'. It doesn't let me click on it (additionally it doesnt let me click on the 'State religions' and 'World Map' options. I was extra careful when handling with EUI and all the mods are EUI compatible, even infoaddict. Just bugs me that I can't ind out whats wrong with this. What is also pretty weird is that the AI can adopt state religions and I can't. Also how do I clear my cache? I only know how to verify it on steam (i know i am a noob :D) My dignitaries system is also pretty messed up for some reason, like i can't push any claims through with city-states at all.

Have you researched Priestdom? You can only choose a state religion after you get it. If you have and still can't choose your state religion, then I don't know what the problem is.

Well, my main question is whether RtP works with full CBP (if you know what I mean, the one with overhaul and corporations etc.). Once I switched to just core v88 Community Patch the RtP seemed to work fine. Unfortunately I am not that advanced at using PC's so I don't think I'll be able to provide the logs that you require :(

Well luckily enough the Clearing Cache link I posted is actually a link to the Logging guide - so go look at that.

Emperor JFD,
I haven't forgotten about the titles for your Custom Civilizations mods; don't worry, no need to send in the Imperial Army, I haven't surcummed to the powers of another empire, yet :yeah: . Anyway, I have not had much time to add to the list as my school started back up recently and I'm taking 3 AP classes. With that said, I may be inactive for a bit of time, but every once in a while when I get a chance to do some research (outside of the amount of research AP US History requires) I will work on the list. Hope the mod development is going well!

I was Garon Moore on the non-mod list, I'll be working on the modded list now, I got the free time atm. Labor for The Empire! Blessed be Emperor JFD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom