Current (SVN) development discussion thread

There's always the "play the whole game with a superior capital 2 tiles away then settle Moscow 2 tiles away before victory" strat,
which is something the Russian UHV has going for it that the French & Russian ones really can't.

Has the Russian UHV been changed from 1.11? I definitely think it's time to release 1.12 already; it's getting too unfamiliar.

I just give Moscow wheat 1W, put a flood plains on the horses 1E, and get rid of most of the hills southwest to compensate.

More notes on Russian medieval situation.

Kazan spawns around 1200, which is quite random, if you ask history. It was around earlier and came to prominence much later (1400s). I suggest to spawn it around 1300 with Islam. This will signify conversion of Golden Horde to Islam around that time and will reflect the presence of Islam in Volga region (which lasted to this very day).

Also I really advocate to give Mongols 1 Settler (Sarai) as they spawn to attack Russia. Sarai was one of the largest medieval cities in the world, it signifies the fact of resettlement of Tatars to Volga region. It also will help depict Mongols better. Because right now they capture cities and keep them. They really suppose to raze them, but Sarai will be the indicator of their presence near Russia and Tatar Yoke.

I also advocate spawning of 1 stack upon contact with Poland (Lithuania). This will signify initial onslaught of Eastern Europe by Mongols (especially if you teach them to raze cities, instead of keeping them). This will also reflect numerous wars between Lithuania and Golden Horde later on.

I've thought about the Sarai settler too. It makes sense, although founding Astrakhan might be even better for long term historicity.

Good point about Kazan.

I wonder how many km does 1 tile represent :)

In 1623-1624, a Russian merchant, Fyodor Kotov, travelled to Persia via the lower Volga. He described the site of Sarai: Here by the river Akhtuba stands the Golden Horde. The khan's court, palaces, and courts, and mosques are all made of stone. But now all these buildings are being dismantled and the stone is being taken to Astrakhan. Since Old Sarai lies at 120 km from Astrakhan and New Sarai at 300 km, it is difficult to decide to which of these two cities this description applies.

After the destruction of New Sarai, Russia established the fortress city of Tsaritsyn (now Volgograd) to control the area.

Due to the projection, that would depend on how far north/south you are, distortions not withstanding.

Finally got around to set up a compiler on my laptop again.

I've already committed a version with a new DLL. Looks as though previous DLLs were all compiled as debug which I'm pretty sure has contributed to the bad performance of SVN games compared to release games. Haven't tried it myself yet though.

After updating to the latest SVN my previus SVN game lost UHV/URV half of it F8 screen as well as UN tabs...

Maybe from this? Earlier revision, but same effect.

Spoiler :

Is it normal that if the conqueror event doesn't trigger for inca (for meeting too early) the Andes never open up ? Here's a save if you want.

Attachments

• Huayna Capac AD-1565 Turn 294.CivBeyondSwordSave
    912.1 KB · Views: 52
That's normal, but I agree that it's a problem.

Hello,

Just posting some pics to show you some bugs(?) I've seen these last days (it was on the previous revision if I'm right)

Spoiler :

Seems like there's no preset civ name for Inca/Peru as a Soviet vassal
Spoiler :

Spoiler :

When I made super-Turkey collapse, Egypt and Morocco made a come back, but is Egypt supposed to flip cities as far as Tunis ?
Spoiler :

Spoiler :

No idea if that's supposed to happen too, I managed a Domination Victory with Germany being solid the whole game, and when I was looking the advisor it seemed like my stability wasn't updating during the game (no screen of the advisor sorry)
I first thought of waiting 1940 for the UHV but that was too boring.. Didn't think I could go for a Domination Victory. I attached a save if you want to take a look. As you can see on the screenshot there's an "Error in BeginTurn.." I had almost all the game.
Spoiler :

Spoiler :

No pic for this one, some times ago I made a post about this, so this is just a reminder, there's a little problem with Unit Naming when it comes to counting :
Spoiler :

^cnt[f]^ - count across all units (increments based on unit)
^cntu[f]^ - count across same unit (increments based on unit)
^cntct[f]^ - count across same city (increments based on unit)
^cntuct[f]^ - count across same unit / city (increments based on unit)
^cntc[f]^ - count across same combat type (increments based on combat type)
^cntd[f]^ - count across same domain (increments based on domain)
^tt1[f][x:y]^ - total where the total is a random number between x and y (number)
^tt2[f][x]^ - total count (starts at x, incremented by 1 each time ^tt is reset to 1)

Whatever I use, it seems like it always count across all units (^cnt[f]^)

A link to my previous post if necessary : http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=12786666#post12786666

Well that's all I've got, I hope that could help make this mod better than he already is :thumbsup:

Attachments

• Frederick AD-1927-July Turn 1239.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.6 MB · Views: 23
^^ 45 German cities? What difficulty is this and what speed? My stability was running low with 15. Also is this with latest SVN?

Did you win that first game as USA?

I ended up with 83 cities as German :ar15:, it was a Marathon/Monarch game, what was weird is that I was at 7 in stability and it was showing me as solid (in my merories solid were near ~20). Can't remember the revision but I know the mod was up to date with the lastest SVN when I began it (3 days ago).
And yeah I managed to win an historical victory with USA, I took some cities in Africa and settle in Australia to get the needed oil, Turkey was too strong to be attacked (DP with Russia and an equivalent army in size/tech compared to me), otherwise I'd just have taken Middle East like always.

I usually play at normal speed, but here I played Marathon with Germany and Epic with USA and it seemed like games are easier the slower the speed is. In my german game I took all Europe with paratroopers/fighters while they all still have rifleman (except England which had ~the same tech level, but I had too many units for them as they were the last remaining)

^^ 45 German cities? What difficulty is this and what speed? My stability was running low with 15. Also is this with latest SVN?

Did you win that first game as USA?
He obviously had a Python exception that killed the stability script.

He obviously had a Python exception that killed the stability script.

That's the DoC Sandbox that we were looking for!

The Terracotta Army and Empire State Building aren't working still!:(

New commit: another attempt at getting rid of the overflow bug.

Top Bottom