Two ideas from a n00b: No early purchasing and Barbarian CS

JaGarLo

Settler
Ok, first of all, please have my apologies if these ideas have been discussed to death. In addition, if you don't agree / you think my ideas are rubbish, please don't hesistate to explain why.

There you go my couple of ideas:

- No early purchasing

We can buy units and buildings since the very beginning. However, I belive that we should be able to do so later.

Imagine this: if a Settler costs $680 in Epic speed, we can simply spend like 4 hapiness from luxuries in order to get $300 from other civilizations. Then, you can rush-buy a settler, without having the no growth penalty while you build it.

So yes: if you have a couple of luxuries, you can easily get a huge advantage on the game, since a second city gives you more science and production, allowing you to get into Medieval by 500 BC (and having discovered all Classical techs).

My idea is to not giving the player the ability to buy things since the very beginning, but with a technology (like Currency, Guilds, Banking, Economy...), in order to avoid getting so much advantage from other civilizations.

In addition, this idea penalises the players who simply don't produce almost any units. If you get into an early war, you buy an Archer and you're safe. I would like to make important building units in the early game, instead of ''a couple Warriors and then lots of Wonders and buildings''.

- Barbarian CS

I know people have already talked about this, but there you go my idea:

First of all, barbarians start as camps (as we know it). Some camps attack each other and anothers don't (you can't know the side of any barbarian).

However, if it survives for long enough and produces enough units to attack / defend, it eventually turns into a Barbarian CS.

This CS, instead of having six titles to work like every city, it only has three (but they can adquire more). The starting influence for this CS is 0. They can demand tribute, like give me gold or give me population to slave, for example. If you agree, the influence will increase by 45. If you disagree, your influence will decrease by 25 and barbarians from that CS will appear close to your borders. They can capture cities and raze them.

They may also want you to declare war on someone, bully another CS, attack another barbarians, etc. The influence increases slowly and decreases fast.

If you're friends with them (30 inf.) they will not attack you (but you will be given the ability to declare war on them. In that case, you will have -60 influence and they will not stop attacking you until you're friends again). If you're allies (60 inf.), you will be given units from them (at the same rate as a friendly, not ally, militaristic CS).

After some time passes, they become a militaristic CS.

This idea is meant to give more complexity for barbarians... ;)

I seem to remember in civ 2 they had it do that you could only rush production early if you were willing to kill citizens, then a later tech unlocked gold purchasing. Good ideas

Don't really see a reason to limit purchasing early game, otherwise there would be zero use for it until later, since there's no sliders to adjust and no need to really purchase many, if any tiles that early. All you'd be able to do is throw gold as a CS early, which isn't a great option.

Top Bottom