(6-19) Galley Speed Buff/Liburna CS Nerf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stalker0

Baller Magnus
Proposal: Increase Galley speed from 3 to 4 (Barbarian Galley remains at 3). Reduce Liburna CS from 7 to 6.

Rationale: Currently Galley's do not function properly as a counter to the liburna, they are too slow and do too little damage. As such liburna's are unchecked for a large portion of the early game.

The speed change will actually let Galley's chase down liburna (and actually serve as a reasonable early scout). The liburna CS nerf means that the galley now has the exact same combat power as the old Trireme/Dromon dynamic before the recent change. While this does make the liburna technically weaker against the trireme, the trireme already 1 shots the unit in the vast majority of situations, so nothing really changes here.

Database Changes

Last edited by a moderator:
Does Galley oneshot a Liburna with this change?

I started few games recently so I have some experience in the early game and I think it is ok right now. When I had Liburnas vs Galleasses, then Liburnas were bad enough, and after the nerf they will be even worse. And Galleys are already powerful vs them, so I don't see the point of boosting them even more. Even using Liburnas vs cities is now a bit painful and when you lower the CS they will be just piece of crap.

When I had Liburnas vs Galleasses, then Liburnas were bad enough, and after the nerf they will be even worse.
Just noting that this change will have 0 impact to the things you mentioned. Liburnas vs Galleasses and vs cities will be 100% unchanged because the liburnas RCS is not changing.

The only other change will be against triremes. Now triremes 95% of the time already one shot liburnas, so now they will one shot like 98% of the time (basically no change). Otherwise, the only thing this changes is the galley vs liburna interaction.

If people think the galley is good enough that's fair, but you need not worry about any other liburna interaction. This is purely a question of how effective the galley should be against the liburna.

I actually think we should be removing 1-2 RCS from liburnas to allow galleys/cities to tank better. The RCS on liburnas is very high right now.

I actually think we should be removing 1-2 RCS from liburnas to allow galleys/cities to tank better. The RCS on liburnas is very high right now.
just noting it is unchanged from the dromon we had previously, that hasn't changed (not saying we couldn't reduce it but I wanted that to be clear).

Just noting that this change will have 0 impact to the things you mentioned. Liburnas vs Galleasses and vs cities will be 100% unchanged because the liburnas RCS is not changing.

The only other change will be against triremes. Now triremes 95% of the time already one shot liburnas, so now they will one shot like 98% of the time (basically no change). Otherwise, the only thing this changes is the galley vs liburna interaction.

If people think the galley is good enough that's fair, but you need not worry about any other liburna interaction. This is purely a question of how effective the galley should be against the liburna.
Lowering CS makes them more vulnerable to city attacks. Attack stays the same, indeed. Or maybe they defend with RCS from cities too? If so, then you're right. I though only unit vs unit uses RCS vs RCS.

Lowering CS makes them more vulnerable to city attacks. Attack stays the same, indeed. Or maybe they defend with RCS from cities too? If so, then you're right. I though only unit vs unit uses RCS vs RCS.
Rcs is used to defend against the city attack

I think the liburna is fine? just give the galley more movement so that it can actually do things. That or make it cheaper. The jump from 3 move to 5 on trireme is giga huge

I sponsor this.

MAGI: Locked Thread. This is being absorbed into the master voting thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom