Small Bug? Warrior city defense bonus

Stuporstar

Warlord
I noticed this in the Civ4UnitInfos.xml under Warrior:

<iCityDefense>25</iCityDefense>

Which is a 25% city defense bonus that only the Incan Quechua are supposed to have, according to the manual and civilopedia anyway.

Shouldn't it be this?

<iCityDefense>0</iCityDefense>

As it is with most other units?

Anyhow, I changed it myself, but I just wanted to point it out.

I think they left it in (probably after the manual was printed) to counter early city nabbing, but if it's not in the civilopedia that may be a mistake.

I've found after changing it back to 0 you need to put a lot more effort and strategy into getting archers quickly, and moving more warriors outside your city to defend your territory. I'm assuming that's how people are doing things anyway, not even noticing that warriors have that city defense bonus. With +25% city defense you can afford to be more lazy, and somehow I don't think that's how things were intended.

Stuporstar said:
<iCityDefense>25</iCityDefense>

Which is a 25% city defense bonus that only the Incan Quechua are supposed to have, according to the manual and civilopedia anyway.

Weird !! MY civilopedia tellls me that, indeed, warriors have a 25% city defense bonus. :confused:

That is odd. I'll have to double check, maybe I just missed it somewhere. :confused:

It still doesn't seem right though. I guess that's what mods are for. Still, I'd like to know for sure whether it was intended or not.

Top Bottom