Popups when clicking links

wrxgoose

Chieftain
I'm browsing on my phone, and whenever I click a link it tries to open a new tab that's not related to the site.

I have no idea if its on the site's end or mine, but just wanted to let y'all know. Just in case it is on your end.

I can report I got this too, both on desktop and mobile. One of the popups, I distincitley remember, had a domain name .xyz

I dont like keeping pop ups up since I dont want them installing phishers or what not, so can't comment further than that.

I also experienced this this morning (Firefox on desktop), but didn't catch either what the pop-up ad was, or what the banner and footer ads displaying at the time were.

On Safari using a Mac, I got a couple of popups claiming that my computer was infected with viruses. Not a good sign.

Do you guys still get it? When was the last time you see it?

I get it on my iPhone when I use safari. I don't think I'm running iOS 10. I seem only to get the popup when I am on a cellular network, not wifi.
The popup directs me to a page offering photo transfer services. When I click anywhere on the screen it takes me to the Yelp page on the app store. I have not had any popup related issue on my desktop/IE.

I just got it in the last 2 minutes and have had it happen at least twice more in the last two days. I'm using Firefox on desktop.

The one I remember clearest, with the domain name .xyz, was just mostly a blue screen, which opened up a dialogue screen masquerading as windows defender, saying that the computer was infected with viruses and I needed to give Microsoft my username and password. This was on a desktop computer, too.

Running Firefox with uBlock and some other addons I don't have any issues, so I'd say an adblocker or possibly even NoScript will resolve the problem for individual members.

I got the URL of the popup. Has robotic voice screaming at me about an important security message.

http://www.inte4432gration -hgsjjsdsjd.xyz/secure-server/protecting/index.html#2

(Don't click on the link for obvious reasons).

I have received this as well in the past hour. My uBlock Origin prevented it from loading (although it still opened a pop-up). Should it happen again, I'll relay the ad link here.

I am running Windows 10 and the Chrome browser.

I've been getting it the first time I log in on any computer since yesterday. It's always the same thing. Log in, userCP, click on some links, a new tab is opened with only the userCP and the userCP's tab goes to somewhere redirected from serve {dot} popads {dot} net* Every single time.

*apparently if I write it with actual dots and no spaces the forum software considers it an evil swearword.

Top Bottom