So...Antiaircraft guns beat everything?

earthwulf

Warlord
Well, maybe not everything ... but my tanks and infantry fall to 'em like butter. Right now, that's the only unit Poland has, not counting aircraft & Winged Hussars.

I'd always assumed they'd be weak to armored units, but apparently not.

Bah.

build lots of artillery and let it rain from the sky. These have little problem going toe-to-toe with your units. Alternatively, build tons of planes. This sounds stupid but if you have enough fighters you can just have them do as many air sweeps as the enemy has AA guns in a given area, then open up on em with bombers since they wont be able to use intercepting fire.

The strength of the AA guns and SAMs has always been a little out of whack. They shouldn't be able to melee at all, their job is defensive, to hurt fighters and bombers attacking nearby units and cities. Or, if they can melee, they're should be a steep penalty. Surface-to-air missiles just aren't designed to wipe out tanks or infantry. It's silly.

Well, maybe not everything ... but my tanks and infantry fall to 'em like butter. Right now, that's the only unit Poland has, not counting aircraft & Winged Hussars.

I'd always assumed they'd be weak to armored units, but apparently not.

Some anti-aircraft guns were actually used in anti-tank role during WW2.

AA and SAM should have no melee attack, or should have a low combat strength and a bonus to defense.

(they then should be better v. air, ie intercept range 2)

And make them a unique unit type.. so instead of 'gunpowder' promotions (shock+drill) they can get (Interception..and Survivalism?) [so also Sortie, and bonus to Intercept Range]

Never liked this unit. It's unbalanced and becomes the only unit the AI builds. It should have massive penalties against armor to encourage the use of anti-tank units.

Not only the Flak-88 was a good anti-tank gun, the Allies used the M45 Quadmount to chew up infantry and lightly armored vehicles. It earned the nickname of the meat chopper due to its rate of fire.

Top Bottom