Advanced Computers - Missiles - RailGuns - Solar Panels - Terraforming -
Colonization - First Contact Protocols - Plasma Weapons - Vortex Generators-
Credit Chit - Gravimetric Engines - Ion Particle Engine - Thrust Vectoring -
Tachyon Communications - Universal Currency - Artificial Intelligence -
Alien Diplomacy - InterStellar Alliance - ISA Ships - Fission Power -
Superconductors - Energy Transference - Fusion - Laser Weapons -
Energy Weapons - Ion Power - Ion Weapons - Doomsday Weapon -
Mass Drivers - Energy Mines - Planet Killer

What do you think?, some like the ISN (Tachyon Comm) I didn't knew what to place (actually I wanted a pic of B5's laser comm system - used in season 2 first episode - but didn't find any pic like that); or Art. Intelligence.
I'll post more tomorrow!.

On the subject about asteroid fields, yeah, perhaps it can work.

About giving culture to the Jumpgates, you are right, it makes sense, I'll see if I can fix it (no promises :p)

And BTW, has anyone seen Thorgrimm lately?

EDIT: Oh!, have you tested this map script by cephalo?, I have tested it but haven't played for serious on it.

Hey
Liked the tech buttons you've done so far.
I had a quick look at Cephalo's map script, it looks good, i now need to download it and see how it looks in a game.
I Haven't seen Thorgrimm for a while, maybe he's on holiday! I know i could do with one.
Maybe we could use the IPX icon for something, either as a corporation or as one of the techs?

Here are the rest of the buttons for the tech tree:

Spoiler :

Ship Construction - Deep Space Exploration (good call! :thumbsup:) -
Adv. Ship Construction - Beyond the Rim - Zero Gravity Training -
Basic Artificial Gravity - Artificial gravity Theory - Hydroponics -
Space Medicine - Suspended Animation - Cybernetics - Xenobiology -
Adv. Xenobiology - Hybrid Technology - Organic Technology
Small Attack Craft

On other news I have found the starbase's python code for its area of influence, its easy, however I do not fully understand how that code is called, so I'm not sure how we can apply a similar code to the fort/jumpgate (at least not now).

If you agree with the buttons I'll add them to the tech tree.

Hello everyone!,

Well, here is the new version v0.1.3, not a groundbreaking update but well, here it is.
New stuff:
- Main menu screen
- Loading screen
- Buttons for the TechTree

Installations instructions are the same as before.

The images are not final, I believe we can find better images, like this one:
Spoiler :

Thats a cool image, but while surfing in the web I found that this image is already been used for another mod (but not a Civ one), and my skills as an artist are far, far, far, ..., far away from doing things like this one, actually I limit myself to cut/paste/resize/etc.:p

There is something that is not within the update, I found a satellite unit graphic (made by asioasioasio) so I have done a few test for the "exploration probe unit" suggested a few post ago, but I doesn't work like I have tought. When this unit was suggested I thought of it as a one use only unit, like BtS's "cruise missile", that will destroy itself when used, but this only works in attacks, and since its an exploration unit it cannot attack.
I have halted all work in this unit 'til i hear what you think (even in the removal of this unit).
Spoiler :

There is a variant of this unit that includes a weapon, perhaps we should use it for the G.O.D.

There is something that is not within the update, I found a satellite unit graphic (made by asioasioasio) so I have done a few test for the "exploration probe unit" suggested a few post ago, but I doesn't work like I have tought. When this unit was suggested I thought of it as a one use only unit, like BtS's "cruise missile", that will destroy itself when used, but this only works in attacks, and since its an exploration unit it cannot attack.
I have halted all work in this unit 'til i hear what you think (even in the removal of this unit).

Could you make a self-destructive helicopter-type unit? (Don't know if that helps, just thought of it.)

BTW, great work on the update!;)

Can I use this version without previous ones or do I need to install those 1st?

EDIT: I don't seem to be able to play as there isn't a map. What am I missing here?

Hi All and welcome to Jeelen.
Sorry i haven't posted much this weekend, i've been a little busy researching and searching. Here's what i found.
Spoiler :
Some years ago there was a rather nice game called Homeworld which spawned 2 sequel games. I have located a site that has a number of B5 mods for this game. http://www.b5mods.com/
As i own 2 of the Homeworld games (but don't have them installed) it occured to me that maybe we could use the models for their mod in our mod with suitable credit given to those developers.

Jeelen, not sure how to help you with the problem you have run into but if you follow the guidelines Premier posted for inserting/swapping files the mod(as built so far) should work.

I was going to try building the ship models myself until i read through the tutorial and realised i need a rather expensive (for me anyway) piece of software - 3ds max 6. Can't find a free copy of this to download so i'll ask around at work see if someone there has a copy i can have/borrow.
Hope to catch you soon.

Welcome Jelen! :beer:

Could you make a self-destructive helicopter-type unit? (Don't know if that helps, just thought of it.)

I'm pretty sure I could, the thing with this is that the unit needs to attack in order to "sacrifice" itself (I haven't tested this, but I'm quite sure of it, I'll check it later)

Can I use this version without previous ones or do I need to install those 1st?

EDIT: I don't seem to be able to play as there isn't a map. What am I missing here?

No the new version includes all required files, but it only contains the modded files, not the entire thing (that weights 120MB :eek:)
For instructions check here

Some years ago there was a rather nice game called Homeworld ...

Yeah!, I have seen Homeworld2 B5 in youtube, but I do not own it, so I never thought of this... sounds like a plan

I was going to try building the ship models myself until i read through the tutorial and realised i need a rather expensive (for me anyway) piece of software - 3ds max 6. Can't find a free copy of this to download so i'll ask around at work see if someone there has a copy i can have/borrow.
Hope to catch you soon.

Yes, I remember when I tried to start making units several years ago, I run with the very same problem.

EDIT:
BTW, speaking about the units, I think that for the "common ships" we could use some of the FF's ones.

Well, I installed as per the instructions provided (thx!) and everything loads fine, but although the tech tree seems perfect, whatever I discover I can't seem to build anything past what I start with. Also, there's onlyone Babylon 5 civ to select. So, am I correct in assuming there's still a lot to do here or am I missing something?:confused:

Hi Jeelen,
Yes there is indeed a lot more work to do on this mod, I'm fighting my way through the Tutorials trying to learn how to create a mod and it's hard going, specially when you are learning from scratch. I've managed to add the Narn leaderhead for G'Kar to my own version of the mod but there is no text for it yet and i keep getting CTD whenever i get a colonization ship to a new solar system.:sad:
I'm also trying to get hold of the ship models we need so we can add them to the mod, working with Final Frontier as a basis is a lot harder than most other mods.:crazyeye:
I hope you will still be supporting us whilst we build this mod we will get there in the end.:D

Well, I installed as per the instructions provided (thx!) and everything loads fine, but although the tech tree seems perfect, whatever I discover I can't seem to build anything past what I start with. Also, there's onlyone Babylon 5 civ to select. So, am I correct in assuming there's still a lot to do here or am I missing something?:confused:

Yes, there is still a lot of work ahead, for the moment there are no more things in the mod, we need to start making units and buildings and assing tech prerequisites so that there will be more to do.

Have you tried to colonize another system? (if you can't then there might be a problem), I have no problems...

I hope you will still be supporting us whilst we build this mod we will get there in the end.:D

So do I.

OK, into other things, as we know most buildings in FF do not have a "graphic" or more precisely, use a Empty.nif graphic, so, we could start adding buildings right away.
----------------------------------------------------
Into a more personal thing, let me tell you that last week I had no job, this changed today, so I do not have as much free time to work on this as I did before, but I'm by no way out of this mod (just that most B5 work will have to be on weekends :shifty: :whipped:)

:eek:

I have no Idea of why the link was broken, anyway, I tried it and didn't work, so I tried to re-upload the file again, but the uploader was temporaly unavailable, I uploaded it to another server (orbita.starmedia.com) the link works now, but unfortunately this other server is slower, so if you can afford a little wait you can download from there, I'll try to re-upload the file to civfanatics tomorrow.

---
Talking about the buildings, some graphics like the "space fortress" and (if memory serves me well) the shipyards (both capital ships and fighters/bombers) are added in python, I believe that I can modify the code so that our buildings can trigger this graphics to appear.

Actually, I have modified the code so that when the Mag Lev network is built the "star fortress" graphics should appear.

This should be available in the current v0.1.3 distribution.

EDIT: BTW, could you upload the needed files for the Narn civ, so I can add them to the next distribution? (no hurry, can't do until weekend :p)

Hi Premier
I Managed to download the new files from the alternate site. The tech buttons are great.:goodjob:
Attached is all the work you've done plus what i've tried to do with the Narn.
The Game loads up OK but if you go into civilopedia on the main menu and go to either Civilizations or Leaders you will see that i have made some errors. I've looked at what you've done and compared it to what i've done and cannot see where i've gone wrong. I hope you can tell me where i went wrong so i won't make the same mistake again.:confused:
One small cheat was on the Races page, i used the same button for G'kar as the race icon, which strangely worked despite the other bits not.
I'm going to do some proper work this weekend on getting the text for the techs sorted so at least there is something to read when a tech is researched. This assumes my partner leaves me alone to work:lol:
Look forward to your comments and corrections

Great, looking forward to see v0.1.4, tho I won't be able to until sunday (a little trip on saturday gets in tha way :D), I'll report back later.

Hi All
First the good news, i found out where i made some of my mistakes.
Now the bad news, There are still some mistakes i have been unable to find.
I Have been compiling notes for the techs so that when i add the text i get it right first time, assuming i can find the right places to place the text. (I swear i'm turning into a gibbering wreck trying to figure all this out. :hammer2: :wallbash: :aargh:

So, i'm still looking forward to your feedback on where i went wrong.

Have you tried using Control+F, and then searching for the error in notepad?

Alright, certainly I have found some mistakes, corrected them and get a working Narn Civ with G'Kar as leader.

Is good to hear that you have found some of the errors, could you post a revised "v0.1.4b" to get the latest version?

That way I can give you the answers you need and no those you already have ;).

Also, here's a new thought: we have to keep a version log, this time I knew that you added a Civ and a Leader, but next time It can be difficult to know that, with a version control file we'll know wich files have been modified/added in the current version, this way we can also cut installation times, because we'll know wich files to add/replace (while someone who has never used our mod will need to install all the files those that already have tried it just need to get the new ones)

I have back ups since v0.1.2, so I'll release a version control text file on v0.1.4c (the v0.1.4b corrected version, well, assuming it needs to be corrected, otherwise I'll just include the version control)

Do you know how to add text entries?, its easy, if needed I can tell you.
Some other thing, I have no idea if the apostrophe in "G'Kar" can cause conflicts, so I recomend not to use "weird" characters (operating System/game wise), I have replaced the apostrophes(') with underlines (_)

EDIT: Sorry for holding the major power's buttons, I'll release them aswell in v0.1.4c

Hi Premier
The major error i found i had made was that i hadn't put any information into the assets/XML/text/XML docs. I entered the required information (basically entered the same information you had entered for Valen and Minbari but replaced it with G'Kar and Narn) but i still had the same problems as before. The information is there i just haven't linked up all the different bits properly.:confused:

Until I have this sorted out and am sure that i know all about where i need to enter information i wont be messing around with anything.:lol:

What did you think of the picture i used of G'Kar?

Top Bottom