Single Player bugs and crashes v36 plus (SVN) - After the 24th of October 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool :) Take your time; I've started a small game now to basically play through it all and see how the space colonization works out. And so far the Bandit Raiders can't enter the city as they indeed fight the units in there.

Is this normal for SVN?
I get this on start up

this one when ever I make a prehistoric tile improvement

(this was all in a "start now" game but I get the same ones in advanced setup.
Also in a advanced game I got a lot of bugged out barbarian towns...

Sorry, if it's not too much trouble, there is no one who can make me understand why I can not see the ice on the seas in the south and in the north of the map?
Thank you.

Sorry, if it's not too much trouble, there is no one who can make me understand why I can not see the ice on the seas in the south and in the north of the map?
Thank you.

I have no Idea why you have invisible ice in your polar oceans.
They should be visible or at least seen as red blobs in the case of a missing mesh/3D-model.

If you meant that you don't have ice in your oceans at all, then it's a problem in the map generator you used when creating your game.

I choose "Run as administrator" in all .exe commands of CivIV and Beyond the Sword, but the problem remains. There are other ways to run "as an administrator"? I never had this problem. I'm going crazy. Probably I'm stupid, but I can not eliminate the problem. I pray you, help me.
Thanks in advance.

lol, the admin thing was mend for me, Salvelinus.
but I think I have the same thing you have thou it does not bother me. (it just turns black.) and its not the actual ice plots it the ice that's coffers the poles (beyond the random ice plates. )

on my own bug report:
I mean whit "on start up" the land fall of the game... when you have gone thou all the menus, picked your settings and its finally done loading... I get those errors on natural wonders.
and it seems they don't give any more discovery bonuses in my game... not sure if that is intended. (does feel like an improvement tbh.)

and to be sure, I have been running civ4 on admin rights. :p

Liosalpha apologize, maybe I do not write or read English well. I understand that you have the same problem, but I'm not sure if you have a solution. I noticed another thing: in worldbuilding there is no possibility of finding the floating ice.
For now, thank you, we hope to find a solution.

lol, the admin thing was mend for me, Salvelinus.
on my own bug report:
I mean whit "on start up" the land fall of the game... when you have gone thou all the menus, picked your settings and its finally done loading... I get those errors on natural wonders.
and it seems they don't give any more discovery bonuses in my game... not sure if that is intended. (does feel like an improvement tbh.)

and to be sure, I have been running civ4 on admin rights. :p

Did u change anything on ur own, and most importantly, u must have a CLEAN version of C2C, no overrides nothing . .

Yes I made a new folder name for the entire mod. so it does not over right the old.
I don't know if the Tortoise-svn makes a difference. I understood you just need to dl the whole game once and you could keep updating from that. Then copy it from the SVN to a new mod directory.

I don't know if the Tortoise-svn makes a difference. I understood you just need to dl the whole game once and you could keep updating from that.

That is correct.

Then copy it from the SVN to a new mod directory.

This is the one that needs to be a clean directory unless you use some synchronising software.

@ TB

dont know if these are anything, but i have had CTD's on both of the mini-dumps, i am pretty sure they are a graphics error, because of the way it CTD'ed. . . (attached 2)

Attachments

• MiniDump_9207.zip
    18.2 KB · Views: 266
@ DH, i believe the "Organ" is yours not sure, but anyways, why is it have so many turns to be build-able, its 8 times the amount?? just askin'?? (pic2)

It is one of BrakenSpores' I may have miss-typed the cost in document.

edit the spec document has its cost as 2800 but it is at Acoustics which is column 50 so it should be 540. I'll change it.

Bugs I encountered in my new game started with version 9207 (ingame display but think I got 9221) so far:

- Crash to desktop when try to start a new game after exit form a other game to the main menu. (maybe some clean up problem)
- Resource icons can't be enabled after some turns into the game
- On load of a game it want to recalculate despite nothing have changed
- No combat animations (maybe a setting problem on my side as I installed BCS new)
- The 100% cost reduction from the national wonder Captured Fire appears to be not working.

Bugs I encountered in my new game started with version 9207 (ingame display but think I got 9221) so far:

- Crash to desktop when try to start a new game after exit form a other game to the main menu. (maybe some clean up problem)
Yeah. You can't get away with that anymore. You must go fully out to desktop then back in now.

- Resource icons can't be enabled after some turns into the game
Zoom out the map and in the bottom right panel you'll get more controls for this. For an unknown reason sometimes the settings for these get changed mid-game. Usually you can fix it with those controls. Once you're looking at the world past the clouds you get a different control panel and the options you need to adjust are there.

- On load of a game it want to recalculate despite nothing have changed
Yeah, we've never been sure why it does this and the person who set up the recalc isn't working on the mod at this time. It's harmless of course. Just say no if you don't feel it necessary.

- No combat animations (maybe a setting problem on my side as I installed BCS new)
Disabled to prevent crashes that could not be otherwise debugged.

- The 100% cost reduction from the national wonder Captured Fire appears to be not working.
That would be worth looking into at some point soon.

Another one of these mini-dumps from a CTD, i still think its a graphic error someplace now in the PreH era??

EDIT: Now i get another CTD later on in the PreH era, different from the other one listed here??

EDIT EDIT: OK another on, about 20 turns later than even the 2nd one . .

Attachments

• MiniDump_9207.zip
    17.4 KB · Views: 258
  • 2MiniDump_9207.zip
    17.3 KB · Views: 240
  • 3MiniDump_9207.zip
    17.4 KB · Views: 247

For me this has always been a problem, even in base BtS it has not always been possible for me. I was told it was due to memory leaks in the exe which we don't have access to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom