Single Player bugs and crashes v43 plus (SVN) - After January 2023

This one was easy to reproduce, will fix it first.

Might be the same as what freeze SO's game, that an AI capture a city under the same circumstance during end turn.
yeppers that did it, thx. . .

is it working well in current svn already? I'd like to start a new game:)
edit: nevermind, I checked myself, newest svn works well :) Toffer genius for sure :D

I'm sure it was mentioned already, but my Workers still don't know how to "build ROAD infrastructure".
When I send them with the MIDDLE BUTTON option to improve my roads (and by extension RESOURCES, but it's a separate issue), they just IGNORE it outright.
I'd really would like there to be a "just build the stupid ROADS everywhere, you morons" button, ya know.

I'm sure it was mentioned already, but my Workers still don't know how to "build ROAD infrastructure".
When I send them with the MIDDLE BUTTON option to improve my roads (and by extension RESOURCES, but it's a separate issue), they just IGNORE it outright.
I'd really would like there to be a "just build the stupid ROADS everywhere, you morons" button, ya know.
I guess I can look into it eventually unless @flabbert is inclined to work more on worker AI.

I guess I can look into it eventually unless @flabbert is inclined to work more on worker AI.
Unrelated, but since you replied:
I also asked this before, and I think the answer was "dunno", but I hope for more.
How do I "force" vassalization?
Like, what are AIs looking for in Lieges, besides a cheap run-away from obliteration by a bigger fish (which means that AIs at peace and at ease won't ever care to become vassals)?
This is very frustrating, because I enjoy "political manipulation" runs, yet it's impossible to do when I outright have no idea what makes me "pretty" for AIs in the first place.
It's also somewhat related to AIs occasionally (though comparatively rarely) refusing to Embassy even with someone they have good relations with, which is also strange.

Unrelated, but since you replied:
I also asked this before, and I think the answer was "dunno", but I hope for more.
How do I "force" vassalization?
Like, what are AIs looking for in Lieges, besides a cheap run-away from obliteration by a bigger fish (which means that AIs at peace and at ease won't ever care to become vassals)?
This is very frustrating, because I enjoy "political manipulation" runs, yet it's impossible to do when I outright have no idea what makes me "pretty" for AIs in the first place.
It's also somewhat related to AIs occasionally (though comparatively rarely) refusing to Embassy even with someone they have good relations with, which is also strange.
Vassalage is a piece of the mod I haven't dug into yet, so my answer is still dunno.

Still playing on 11603 so I don't know if this has been fixed in the last couple of weeks, but I'm getting an error message at the top of the screen when capturing cities. Instead of the list of bonuses towards the technologies that the city's former owner has but that I don't have yet, I get this; it seems to be consistent (other than the memory address):

Error in cityAcquired event handler <bound method CvEnhancedTechConquestEventManager.onCityAcquired of <CvEnhancedTechConquestEventManager.CvEnhancedTechConquestEventManager instance at 0x1E6E0EE0>>

In PythonErr.log:
Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "BugEventManager", line 303, in _handleDefaultEvent
  File "CvEnhancedTechConquestEventManager", line 17, in onCityAcquired
  File "EnhancedTechConquest", line 208, in onCityAcquired
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'szTxt0' referenced before assignment

It seems to be a minor issue, the game continues and I still get the bonuses towards the technologies. Also, I don't think this was happening earlier in the game, though I'm not completely certain of that.

Steps to reproduce: load game, capture Nakhon Ratchasima (it's near the West end of the Egypt-Siam border, the knights on the desert tile to the immediate East of the city have not yet attacked).

Attachments

• CityCaptureMessageBug.CivBeyondSwordSave
    8 MB · Views: 2
Still playing on 11603 so I don't know if this has been fixed in the last couple of weeks, but I'm getting an error message at the top of the screen when capturing cities. Instead of the list of bonuses towards the technologies that the city's former owner has but that I don't have yet, I get this; it seems to be consistent (other than the memory address):

In PythonErr.log:
Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "BugEventManager", line 303, in _handleDefaultEvent
  File "CvEnhancedTechConquestEventManager", line 17, in onCityAcquired
  File "EnhancedTechConquest", line 208, in onCityAcquired
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'szTxt0' referenced before assignment

It seems to be a minor issue, the game continues and I still get the bonuses towards the technologies. Also, I don't think this was happening earlier in the game, though I'm not completely certain of that.

Steps to reproduce: load game, capture Nakhon Ratchasima (it's near the West end of the Egypt-Siam border, the knights on the desert tile to the immediate East of the city have not yet attacked).
Fixed and on its way to the next SVN revision.

Cheers, I also found another science-adjacent thing; spending a great statesman for research only gives a tiny bonus (base 1k, as opposed to the 100k for most great people and 150k for great scientists, according to the xml).

Top Bottom