Which AI is least tactically inept?

Toussj

Chieftain
I know all the AI are pretty horrible at tactics, but are there any Civs who are good at striking the ranged-melee balance, or deploying and using bombers? I know naval skill is far too much to ask...just wondering.

The AI are uses the same functions in terms of tactics on the micro level. The only difference (in the base game) the AI has is in the strategy on the macro/medium-term level.

The exception to this rule would be unique improvements (special hard-coded cases) and units with unique abilities (i.e. Merchant of Venice, whatever the hell Portugal's UU ship is called for the trade mission).

It's the same tactical AI.

Now, AIs all have very high flavors towards building their own UU, so those with UUs to a base unit you should build a lot of fair better than those with UUs to a base unit that should seldom be built.

It is interesting that the AI, despite all having the same tactics, still sometimes swarm with mostly all ranged or mostly all melee.

I like to see Askia as an opponent because the tactically inept AI throws units in the water so much. The Songhai units, because of he UA, hold up to well to this mistreatment.

Top Bottom