Quick Answers / 'Newbie' Questions

I don't see any reason to hate; HOF is a different sort of game. There's definitely more than one way to have fun with Civ. For example few people in the past have "role-played" various leaders, playing sub-optimally just to stay "in character." I think madscientist once played Sitting Bull as an environmentalist and never chopped any trees that weren't blocking other resources.

what is negative thing when some AI spread religion in my citys? And what is positive when i spread my religion to AIs?

what is negative thing when some AI spread religion in my citys? And what is positive when i spread my religion to AIs?
Nothing negative with getting religion spread from AI. In fact you want that to happen. Let them found the religions and spread them to you, then adopt their religion for diplomatic bonus. Once they have spent a ton of hammers on missionaries to spread the religion and built a shrine in the holy city, go capture it.

Nothing negative with spreading your religion to them either, except that you probably are wasting hammers if you use missionaries, unless they don't have a religion yet and you can get them into your religion by spreading it to them.

ty

If there is a few religions in city and i can buld few temples is it good to build all kind of temples (jud, buda, christ... stc)?

If there is a few religions in city and i can buld few temples is it good to build all temples?
Usually not. When it comes to any building, ask yourself what does it give, do you need what it gives right now and what is the cost. Temple basically gives one happy face at the cost of 80:hammers:, which is a pretty steep prize. If you are running Hereditary Rule, you can build a warrior for 15:hammers: to get that happy face. Or if you have access to gems and gold, you can build a forge for 120:hammers: for two happy faces, plus a bonus that usually is good enough to warrant building the forge even without those resources.

AP temples, with the +2:hammers: bonus, are worth it and should be built pretty much everywhere.

If your cities frequently are growing into unhappiness, this could be because you aren't whipping them enough. There's mostly not any reason for any city but the capital to grow big in the early game.

Being able to build multiple different Monasteries, though, often is worth it - at least in your highest science cities. For me this is usually at least my capital, with Bureaucracy and an Academy. I'll often find all the cities in my empire to which different religions have spread, and build a missionary in each to send to my capital for the sweet +10% science bonus from each different Monastery.

Being able to build multiple different Monasteries, though, often is worth it - at least in your highest science cities. For me this is usually at least my capital, with Bureaucracy and an Academy. I'll often find all the cities in my empire to which different religions have spread, and build a missionary in each to send to my capital for the sweet +10% science bonus from each different Monastery.

If you'd play Deity, you'd not do this. Monestaries obsolete with Scientific Method and on Deity that tech is reached so fast, that one can just build 1 Monestary of the largest religion to be able to produce a few Missionaries should that be needed. I agree that the research bonus is nice, but a Missionary + a Monestary are a lot of resources so it takes long until the Monestary has payed back. Also, the opportunity-cost must be evaluated, and a HA / Cuirrasser / Cav can conquer a city which is almost impossible to beat by anything.

If you'd play Deity, you'd not do this. Monestaries obsolete with Scientific Method and on Deity that tech is reached so fast, that one can just build 1 Monestary of the largest religion to be able to produce a few Missionaries should that be needed. I agree that the research bonus is nice, but a Missionary + a Monestary are a lot of resources so it takes long until the Monestary has payed back. Also, the opportunity-cost must be evaluated, and a HA / Cuirrasser / Cav can conquer a city which is almost impossible to beat by anything.

I should have mentioned I play multiplayer exclusively (with tech trading off), not single player. In multiplayer Monasteries are usually a very good investment in your high science cities. :)

Can schedule of production be determined for few buildings in advanced or one unit in multiple times?

Can schedule of production be determined for few buildings in advanced or one unit in multiple times?

Try out shift, control and alt.

Shift makes you add in queue
Control adds to queue, but in front
Alt makes unit build continuously

You can even build a variety of units continuously with alt.

example :
Archer*
Spearman*
Axeman*

would build 1 archer, then 1 spearman, then 1 axeman, then start over with 1 archer etc etc.

I should have mentioned I play multiplayer exclusively (with tech trading off), not single player. In multiplayer Monasteries are usually a very good investment in your high science cities. :)

Very understandeable :) When playing against humans that don't trade techs, the research bonus lasts million times longer than when playing against and trading with the fastest AIs possible :goodjob: .

In addition to what vincentz said, for "schedule of production be determined for few buildings in advance" you can save a build queue with cntl-number. So if you want to build a grannery, forge and theater in multiple captured cities, you can select that in 1 city (using Shift, Control and Alt) and then press cntl-1. Then you go to another city, press 1 and these 3 will be added to the queue.

If a rival Ai builds the Taj Mahal and receives the 8-12 turn golden age and you capture the city with the Taj Mahal within that timeframe, do you get the golden age?

If a rival Ai builds the Taj Mahal and receives the 8-12 turn golden age and you capture the city with the Taj Mahal within that timeframe, do you get the golden age?

Related. If you have a golden age and then conquer the city with MoM in it, will the golden age expand to 12 turns? I seem to recall that happening, but am not sure.

Related. If you have a golden age and then conquer the city with MoM in it, will the golden age expand to 12 turns? I seem to recall that happening, but am not sure.

I also seem to recall the same. Happened only once in all of my games, but I remember being quite astonished from the GA becoming longer as I captured the MoM. Wouldn't have thought, that the DEVs would have thought that far and program something like that.

A quick test game I did showed that doesn't happen in unmodded BTS, even if you start a golden age and then capture the MoM on the same turn (it also confirmed what civbone said for the taj mahal). For MoM to work your team has to be in possession of it at the time the golden age starts. You can then lose it afterwards and will still have the extended golden age.

A quick test game I did showed that doesn't happen in unmodded BTS, even if you start a golden age and then capture the MoM on the same turn (it also confirmed what civbone said for the taj mahal). For MoM to work your team has to be in possession of it at the time the golden age starts. You can then lose it afterwards and will still have the extended golden age.

Okay, thanks. Suppose I remember it wrong then, cause I seem to recall capturing it during a golden age, and it was extended by four turns. Might have been a dream :D

Top Bottom