The Swiss Experience

Hey, it's cool to see a Swiss scenario (being Swiss, obviously), but I need to express reservation for the naming of your rivers! There are no such things like Geneva river or Biel river, they should be called Rhone and Aare instead.

... and of course I'm utterly shocked that you don't stick to neutrality!

Realy nice doen, It is very nice told, with much detail and that all melted together in some kind of a historical novel, and at the same time a serie that continues. Very good job. Please keep posting, I need something to do while I am waiting for my own Civ IV, so please complete your glorious tale( you should be a great artist as well, together with Homer perhapse?)

Philosophers, Theologins, and wisemen in Geneva expand on our original faith, and it's branch off, with yet a new faith. Geneva, Zurich, and Bern are now now our cultural centers, and Zurich, Geneva, and Chur are Holy Cities.

The struggle against the Spanish Empire struggles onward! After a suitable time of occupying Toledo and Barcelona have passed, and reinforcements in the form of knights and upgrading existing troops to Greandiers we strike out to take even more Spanish territory. Five cities remain and we choose to attack thier southern city of Cordoba, and thier northern port city of Seville affectivly slowly surrounding Madrid. They succumb, not without some losses, and are occupied.

It is decided that the continued existence of Spain is tolerable, if only to buy time to establish the culutral identity of the newly captured cities. In time, Spain will be no more, but for now we will be at peace with them even though the rest of the world beating down on them is tolerable to us. Many civs seem to be displeased with the Aztecs and the Mongolians, although we do not fully understand why. Perhaps this will provide an opportunity in the future to make new allies, and give our enemies new enemies. In the Peace agreements with Spain we aquire Salamanaca at the north west of our continent. Two cities that were once Barbarian cities Aryan (conquered by the Mongols distant from this area) and Magyar (conquered by the not too distant PErsians) seperate it from our mainland, however quick and easy access between Seville and Salamanaca exists so war will not yet be neccessary. Although, cashing in on world disaproval of the weak Mongols may prove rewarding in this area not only diplomaticaly, but with a city as well.

Now having Free Speech and Universal Suffrage many people question why we are at war with France who we have no border with. Many civs start signing peace accords with France. We decide to sign a peace treaty while we can get something out of them, and we manage to get Avignon. Scienctific is temporarly halted in order to quickly spend money on establishing several cultural buildings in all our newly acquired cities. This allows these cities to remain independent, and self-sufficient, and not vulnerable to nearby culture.

With Universa Suffrage and Free Speech well establish, leaders of the Church of Switzerland invite theologins of other faiths to bring followers and thier teachings to our culutral centers in order for a better exchange of ideas to encourage cultural development. Soon Geneva, Bern, and Zurich find themselves having at least four faiths making up a massive segment of thier population, with yet another making thier way into them as well. Soon temples, and cathedrals are errected. The Church of Switzerland, having experimented with Theology during the Spanish Crisis, is accepting other faiths and trying to learn from its offshoots and now the two faiths of the Spanish. Church leaders won't admit it, but they are considering allowing a total freedom of religion at some point in the future. Technological advances such as the Railroad are allowing people to flow between cities faster, so it may create a society with a freer flow of ideas. Railroad is also leading military planners to think renewing the War with Spain may now be viable as well.

SCREEN SHOTS WILL BE POSTED (via edit) LATER. :)

Writer's note, I merely by circumstance ended up founding Judaism, Christianity, and Islam. I merely wandered through the tech tree as I felt, and happened to found those three.

burriad said:

... and of course I'm utterly shocked that you don't stick to neutrality!

shouldn't bee that shocked , because the swiss fought many battles and once conquered land untill mailand, they only became neutral after a lost battle in marigano where they lost a big part of her army defending the pope (reason while there's still the swiss guard) but fact is , switzerland conquered many lands befor the battle of marigano (big part of the french and italien speaking parts of switzerland where conquered)

another swiss ;)

Not to be a bunghole, but why don't you post a story on a normal difficulty level? :)
It's not so exciting to follow the chronology of a known-in-advance win

I'm guessing he changed his Civ name once he started the game. Not really a mod. Although I thought the same thing at first mind you.

That's what I do. My civilization is always called Crayonvania (because I suffer from the delusion that that's a brilliant pun) and my cities are always named after well known scientists.

Oh, and I have a self imposed rule that nothing to do with nuclear weapons can be built or stored in the city of Sagan, but that's neither here nor there.

And in my last game I founded Christianity in the city of Dawkins, which made me laugh lots.

Top Bottom