Animal Wars: Pet and Pest

Is a mod with a Cat civ a good idea?

• Good idea!

Votes: 78 60.0%
  • Bad idea!

Votes: 7 5.4%
  • This is really stupid!!!

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • I will probably use it when it is finished.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • I don't think I will ever use this.

Votes: 23 17.7%

• Total voters
That would be a dream mod but I am not that ambitious, I will never finish if I attempt that! I will do everything alse and when I post my final version of the mod, someone can make those changes if they with but I am going for simpler so I can make some progress and have something to post even if it may not be the best otr the final version.

The Leader of the Cats should be the Cat from Red Dwarf

"Then The boy was born to the cripple and the idiot" Cat Priest
"My Father was A Jelly Brain" The Cat
"Yes, Thats why he ate his own feet" Cat Priest
"I did Wonder" The Cat

Jerry should defienantly be the UU.

I totally agree, especially if the cat UU was Tom. Or you could have Tom and Jerry as the leaders. You could take a pic from the cartoon and modify it to use as leaderheads.

Originally posted by Mobilize
How 'bout some resources:

Birds
Mice
Fish
Rats
Catnip
Milk

Already asked him that (first page) and he wasn't interested. :( I even offered to do them for him.

I somehow forgot to add milk to my list though...

Originally posted by Louis XXIV
What about the possibility of using a Tiger as the leaderhead (I know someone is making a bunch of animal leaderheads, and a Tiger is one of them).

Incidentally, I think this would be a fun idea (there is actually a scenario in development that is sort of like what you describe, only with more animals:
Noah's Arc ).

This is ture, but actually we're close then you think, in being that since embryodead's sister is making these new leaderheads, Pesoloco and myslef decided that we are going to add the Cat civ into Noah's Ark (we were planning on doing this in a later inarnation, but now that we have it) so yes, we are adding a cat civ in our mod :p .
Anyway, I'm happy that the want for animal-based civs is still here!

@Amesjustin, I may later add resources I just want to finish the leaders, city names, units, etc. first for all the civs.
Plus, the resources you mentioned only work if you are the cat civ. I am making the mod so any of the civs are playable, not just the cats (to attract the people with dogs or birds as pets). I have heard that C3C has civ-specific resources but I don't have C3C, I am making this for PTW and am making a seperate version for vanilla Civ3.
If someone wants to make the mod for C3C when I am finished that would be great.

Any thoughts on other Cat UU or Mouse UU?
Soon I will update the first post with the updated status of this mod.

EDIT: BTW, I'm no good at graphics so if anyone would like to make a mouse leaderhead...?
For the Pandora's Box civ I won't have one person or crearure as the leader because the civ is composed of many species. Instead I will use a biohazard symbol. BTW, what are the dementions of the leaderhead graphics?

for a resource,
unpasturized milk better cheese and milk :)

and for cats, dairy farm (granary)

The plague I mentioned was a unit for the Pandora's Box civ. It will be a cruise missle type unit. It makes sense that A pandora's Box civ would be able to use the plague against the enemy causing collateral damage to all units on the tile.

I hadn't noticed your plague unit - sorry. I was thinking, since cats kill the rats, plague could/would not occur as a random event.

Maybe "vermination" could be a Diplomatic tool to offer other Civs.
A "verminator" as a UU?

And since they do so much "catting around" pop growth is high - so give 'em agricultural as one trait....

All of the folowing is open for debate since some of the decisions were arbitrary:

Cats are Militaristic and Commercial.

Mice are Scientific and Industrius.

Pandora's Box is just Militaristic because I wanted to penalize it for being so agressive and having so many UU that are better than normal and very fearsome.

hhmmmmm i would say mice are expansioninst, always making new homes and such.

i agree with everything except maybe mice being scientific

I had to make one of the civs scientific so I picked mice for no good reason, I will change it to be expansionistic thought because you are right.
I also want to have one of the civs be religeous if I can but I can't think of which one, maybe dogs....I must be using my imagination too much, I just said dogs are religeous! :lol:

I love cats :D good luck lol hope it turns out good lol.

dogs are religous! they worship their owners, that and maybe commercial (toys) or militirastic

Top Bottom