ImmacuNESIOTVIII: Pew Pew

Immaculate

unerring
ImmacuNESIOTVIII: Pew Pew

Introduction and Outline

Prelude

By the year 2902 humanity had spread far beyond earth. We mined helium-3 from Jupiter and Saturn and Uranus, ringed the sun with solar-powered bioquantum computers, and had finally broken the ‘faster than light’ limits to interstellar travel with a series of jump-gates that let us explore further and further. We had colonized Alpha Centauri, Sirius, Luten 726-8, Epsilon Erindandi and were pushing beyond. The planets, moons, and hab-stations of man were a riot of cultures, ideologies, and governments with more diversity than we in the twenty-first century could ever imagine. We celebrated our differences and though we fought and warred, somehow we managed to avoid extinction.

We had found a variety of alien life, though none of it intelligent and certainly none of it sentient. That changed in 2903 when they came. We are the survivors; we are those that fled. And so we know relatively little of those who brought fire and blood to the brethren we left behind. We know they came from somewhere within the interior of our own galaxy. We know of their great machines that seemed to fold time and space itself, but of them, we know nothing, not even their names.

Because we fled.

We were the last chance of a people who saw that their end was at hand, the blind sowing of humanity’s DNA and culture far and wide in the hopes that some might find rich earth to take root in and rebuild.

During the 29th century interstellar cherenkov-based telescopy had revealed a series of stars in the distant outer portion of the Norma galactic arm, as far from the galactic interior as we could imagine, which showed the faint hopeful shadows of habitable planets.

And so a number of organizations (planets, faiths, nations, phyla) cooperated to share intelligence of these potential new sites of distant colonization and together fired the seed of their civilizations deep across the void in the hopes that some 700 years later, the ships would arrive and settle new homes.

The first to arrive were the relatively small mass ships which could be accelerated to a much greater degree. Too fast for humans to survive, these carried sensors, self-assembling robotic factories, and the genetic code for all the plants, animals, and microbiota that we would need at our new homes. The sensors mapped the planets. The factories assembled the basic infrastructure we would need upon our arrival, the biosystems needed to seed the planets, and the jump-gates necessary to travel between the stars at speeds faster than light. From the terran genetics life blossomed on these far planets, palm trees and tuna, soil bacteria and monkeys.

When we arrived, almost 150 years after the first ships, we brought with us millions of colonists, fusion energy systems, the vast wealth of machinery and technology we had built our civilization upon, and importantly, our history, our culture, our very identity.

We stepped from the great interstellar ships which had taken us so far. We had arrived.

Home.

Welcome

Welcome to ImmacuNESIOTVIII- Pew Pew, a science fiction colonization and war game set in a distant arm of the milky way. It takes place in the same universe first introduced in Escape Velocity and so takes for granted rho-based technology that allows for shields and levitation and computers formed from a combination of biology and quantum systems.

This is my first time attempting to moderate a game on the IOT forum and I hope you’ll be somewhat patient with me.

I intend for this game to be much lighter than most of my previous games; I’m quite enjoying my summer and want to balance moderating this with a healthy outdoor lifestyle in addition to family and work. To that end, economics, technology, and war will much simplified compared to previous games.

The game will end. I intend to moderate until late summer or mid-fall, after which time i will resume moderating Escape Velocity. If that plan changes I will do my best to communicate it to the players earlier rather than later.

Joining
Spoiler :

I will accept up to 16 players. Orders will need to be submitted by e-mail so either be ready to use your existing e-mail address or make a gaming one. If you don’t feel comfortable using e-mail and insist on using the forum’s private messaging system then please don’t apply. I know this might feel uncomfortable for you but consider that moderator burn-out is the #1 reason why these sorts of games don't last. E-mail orders make things MUCH easier for me and contribute to the game being more stable.

Applications to join should be made in thread and include the following,

• name
  • location on the map
  • the name given to your new home planet. Also feel free to rename your star.
  • a description of culture; please include a few keywords that describe those traits or characteristics, “isms”, that your culture values (for example: individualism, materialism, environmentalism, etc)
  • a description of government and organization; again, please include a few keywords i can use to provide an abbreviated description within your stats (for example: neo-feudalism, corporate oligarchy, religious theology, etc)
  • a short historical biography

Applications should illustrate a balance of realism and novelty. You all start with the same basic stats and no one receives starting bonuses or anything like that.

Orders
Spoiler :

Orders will only be accepted by e-mail. So if you are unwilling to set up a gaming e-mail address or to use your existing e-mail address to submit orders, then please don’t apply for a position in the game.

Submit orders to immaculate.game@gmail.com.

I will not accept orders submitted by private message.​

Your orders MUST include:
  • Stats
  • Spending (research, resources, industry). Do the math. Don’t make me do it.
  • Ship/Troop movements (if any) (including movement of any cargo)
  • Military orders (if any)

Updates and Feedback
Spoiler :

I will provide you your stats privately. I want scouting to be a major component of this game and if you know everything about your neighbors, then there is no reason to scout them.

Each player will also receive private scouting reports of any star systems they explore. You are free to publish these widely, share them with select players, or keep them to yourself.

The update itself will include general impressions and major events for each faction. I’ll try to keep your faction’s more secret activities out of the update unless there’s a good reason to include it.

Contacting me
Spoiler :

You can contact me via a shared google doc that I will use for each faction or via skype. My skype name is immaculate.game. Please don’t use the forum’s online private messaging system because it makes things harder to track.

Stats

Example Statistics
Spoiler :

Apauresheya (Immaculate)
Government: Democratically elected oligarchy
Values: Progressive Hinduism, Education, Family, Aesthetics
Stability: 67%
Planetary Military Quality: 35/30/30
Space Military Quality: 30
Research: 300 (0)
Techs:
Tara (+450 resource, +300 industry, +0 research)
Resources: 1000
Industry: 800
1 Tera-class Laser Frigate
1 Tera-class Cargo Lander
1 Tera-class Transport Lander​
Tara c (M-class, standard resources) (550/700)
basic habitat (x2), frontier habitat (x4), basic mines (x6), basic factories (x3), army barracks, particle accelerator, orbital shipyard
10 brigades army, 4 air wings, 2 ships

Faction Description
Spoiler :

Your government description is a brief overview of the organizational structure for your faction.

Faction values provide a very brief list of those cultural or ideological principles espoused by your people. Ignoring them reduces your stability. Furthering them will increase your stability.

Faction stability represents public support and loyalty. Low stability will create problems and can result in rebellion and civil war. High stability helps you avoid problems.

Planetary military quality is a function of both the technological improvements you have made to your planetary armies as well as the experience they have gained from combat or training. The quality is actually described by three numbers separated by slashes. The first is army quality, the second air quality, and the third naval quality.

Space military quality also reflects technical improvements, training and experience but applies to extraterritorial military forces- these are your various ships that you may have designed and built. It is generally much more expensive to increase space military quality than it is to increase army, air, or naval military quality.

Research are points that accumulate over time. You can spend them to ‘buy’ technologies. When you spend research points, you lose them and have to accumulate more before you buy additional technologies. You cannot sell or trade research points. The number in brackets is your expected income for next turn.

Your faction’s list of techs are the technological advances your faction has developed. Each of these offers some advantage- see the section below- Technology. You cannot trade technologies, nor can you sell them.

Star Systems
Spoiler :

Each star system has its own economy. If you want to develop a new star system you’ll need to move your troops, ships, and supplies there via cargo ship.

Resources are things like food, energy, and unprocessed raw goods like mineral ore or petroleum. Use it to build new structures and power factories. The numbers in brackets after the system name are the income for system. You cannot spend this. The number after the word ‘resources’ is your bank (and what you can spend). Resources within a system can be moved without difficulties. Moving resources between systems requires a cargo transport.

Industry represents your finished goods and products and generally are used for high-tech buildings, ships, and units. Most production of industry costs resources.

System ships- a list of ships, military or otherwise, in the local star system.

Planets
Spoiler :

Only those planets developed by the faction are listed, usually as ‘star name N’, where N is ‘A’ for the sun of the system and ‘B’, ‘C’, ‘D’, etc for each planet or major body from that star. So earth would be listed as Sun D.

For each planet, classification, habitat capacity, development and military resources are listed.

The first part of a planet’s classification describes it conditions. The system is based on star trek. No- i am not a trekkie and never watched it beyond a few episodes but I found this list and it proved useful. The best planets are M-class. The second part of its classification is the degree of resources available. Planets are either depleted, poor, standard, abundant or rich. This resource classification acts as a multiplier for planetary resource production.

Habitat are the number in statistics next to your planet’s name. Habitat is generated from constructing life-support systems ranging from open-air farms on idyllic worlds to subterranean radiation-shielded bunkers with limited hydroponic farming on worlds bathed in radiation and without atmosphere (for example). The first number is the amount that has been allocated to supporting that world’s industries and thus not available to support new development. The second number is the habitat capacity, the total available to that planet. The difference between the first and second numbers is what is available for new development. If the two numbers are equal, the planet has reached it maximum development until such time as new habitat is made available.

Development are the improvements you have made to your planet and might include habitats, mines, barracks or whatever.

Military forces are listed for each planet. You can move forces from one planet to another with troop transports ships.

Star Systems of the Outer Norma

Instead of placing Pew Pew in a particular real-life section of the Norma arm and assign the stars real names from astrology, I have chosen to purposefully leave the location vague.

Star Map

Spoiler unlabeled map :

Spoiler labeled map :

Jump Gates
Spoiler :

Many star systems within the Norma arm are connected via jump-gates. These were created by the automated factories the remnants of humanity had sent ahead of our colonizing ships when we fled the star systems of our childhood. Travel-time between gates, as we understand it, is nearly instantaneous, but then again, relativity and time and all that craziness right? So maybe it’s not? That might explain why no sentient creature (biological or synthetic) can be sent through the gate and hope to survive with their mind intact. At least conscious. And so we slip into a natural or induced sleep before making the jump.

Jump-ships are outfitted with a jump engine and, importantly, are capable of regular propulsion. A space station (or other stationary construct) with a jump engine on it, if incapable of significant propulsion, cannot jump. Jump-ships all have a speed of, minimally, 1.

Regardless, Jump Gates serve to link distant star systems for ships with the right coordinates. A jump-capable ship (powered by Unoptanium) has a ‘jump range’ and this is the number of jumps it can move away from a friendly ‘orbital dock’ or ‘shipyard’. So a jump-ship with a range of 1 can move to a linked system without a dock, do what it needs to do, and either jump back to its starting point or another system with a friendly orbital dock. A ship can jump multiple times back and forth from one system to another within the turn (1 solar year) as long as it never ranges beyond its range of an orbital dock or shipyard. A series of orbital docks/shipyards can form a sort of highway between systems provided they are under the faction’s control or operated by friendly allies. Hostile ships can end those plans very quickly indeed however.

Ships cannot make ‘suicide’ jumps to systems beyond their jump-range.

New jump gates can be created. Ships outfitted with ‘gate seed’ can be sent to star systems using interstellar long-range propulsion systems (like ramscoop). Once there they can create a jump gate linking the newly ‘pathed’ solar system to the existing network, although the process typically consumes the jumpseed ship in the process. A new path is not necessarily known by others factions unless the coordinates are provided (either in the thread or in your order set).

Interstellar travel without jumpgates
Spoiler :

Certain types of propulsion can be used to move between stars without a jumpgate (ex ramscoop). If a ship’s speed is derived from interstellar-capable propulsion, then speed can be used to calculate how long it takes a ship to move from one map hex to another. Each hex is 6 ‘space doo-dads’. Your ship can move its interstellar speed in doo-dads per turn. So a ramscoop-outfitted ship with a speed of 2 could reach a star-system 1 hex away in 3 turns.

Ships without the appropriate engine types cannot move between stars.

Planetary Classifications

Spoiler :
(taken from the Star Trek system)

Class A, B and C
Typically small, young planets whose class depends on their age and solidity of their cores.

Class D
Class D objects are planetoids like asteroids and some moons.

Class E, F and G
Typically, Proto-Earth-sized planets whose class depends on their age and solidity of their cores.

Class H
Class H planets appear in the series as harsh desert worlds.

Class I
The smallest class of gas giant, smaller than Class J. Often these are "ice giants" similar to Uranus and Neptune.

Class J and T
Class J and Class T planets are gas giants. Class J are smaller than Class T which are considered "super", or "ultra", gas giants.

Class K
Class K planets are barren worlds with no native life. They do not possess breathable atmospheres, but have reasonably tolerable gravity, thus they can be colonized with atmospheric domes.

Class L
Class L planets are barely habitable worlds with primitive ecosystems.

Class M
Class M planets are optimally or near-optimally habitable worlds. Earth is the prime example.

Class N
Class N planets have a reducing environment and are barren and rocky with extremely high surface temperatures caused by thick atmospheres containing carbon dioxide and corrosive sulfides.

Class O and P
Planets covered almost completely with water (class O), or water–ice (Class P).

Class Q
Planets with continually changing environments caused by peculiar orbits, an orbit around a variable output star, or some other factor which causes conditions to drastically change over time.

Class R
A rogue planetary body, which is one that does not orbit a star but drifts freely in space.

Class S
Class of gas giant smaller than Class T and the next larger size up from Class I.

Class T
The largest class of gas giant. Smaller gas giants are, in order of decreasing size, Class S, J and I.

Class Y
Class Y planets are referred to as "demon" worlds, where surface conditions do not fall into any other recognized category. Such worlds are usually hostile and lethal to humanoid life. If life develops on these worlds they usually take on many bizarre forms, like living crystal or rock, liquid or gaseous physical states, or incorporeal, dimensional, or energy-based states.

Class X and Z
Reserved for other designations of "demon" planets

Technology

Research
Spoiler :

Gain new technologies by spending research. Research is generated at labs and other planetary improvements.

Research points can be spent on either new technologies or on developing new ship designs. Either way, once spent, research is gone forever and you need to generate new research points before you can gain additional technologies.

Trading Technology
Spoiler :

You cannot trade technologies nor is there anyway of reducing the cost of technologies.

Tiers
Spoiler :

Technology is divided by tiers.

Tier one technologies cost 100 research. These are fairly common but complex technologies from our past, things like rho-shielding and fusion-based energy.

Tier two technologies cost 250 research. These are more complex or very rare technologies from our past. Examples might include molecular assembly.

Tier three are novel technologies reaching beyond what was once known. Tier three technologies cost 500 research.

You need to have learned three technologies from the first tier before you learn one from the second tier. You need to have learned six technologies from the first tier before you learn a second from the second tier. You need to learn nine technologies from the first tier before you learn 3 technologies from the second tier. Once you have learned all technologies from the first tier you can learn however many technologies you want from the second tier.

Technologies from the third tier have the same limits vis-a-vis second tier technology. One tier 1 technology requires 3 tier two technologies, two require 6 tier two technologies, etc.

Technologies

Tier One
Spoiler :

Aerospace Fighters
  • allows the construction of ships based on the fighter chassis
  • Spend 100 industry to equip ‘faster engines’ for your air units and gain 5 air military quality.

Ceramasteal
  • allows heavy industrial complex planetary improvement
  • Spend 100 industry to equip ceramasteal exoskeletons for your ground units and gain 5 army military quality
  • Spend 100 industry to equip ceramasteal hulls for your naval ships and gain 5 naval military quality

Cherenkov Imaging
  • allows Cherenkov sensor ship module
  • allows Cherenkov satellite planetary improvement

Fusion Energy
  • allows Decascale fusion reactor ship module
  • allows Helium mining planetary improvement
  • Spend 100 industry to equip ‘decascale fusion engines’ for your planetary naval ships and gain 5 planetary naval military quality.

Nanofield Z Rad Shielding
  • allows Sif electrothermal engines ship module
  • allows Dome Habitat planetary improvement

Plasma
  • allows Plasma cannon ship module
  • allows Physics lab planetary improvement

Ramscoop Engines
  • allows Ramscoop ship module

Rho-Shielding
  • allows Rho-shields ship module
  • Spend 200 industry to equip rho-shielding for your ground units and gain 10 army military quality

Self-Assembling Robotics
  • allows Jumpseed ship module
  • allows robotic factories planetary improvement

Telepresence
  • allows drone mining planetary improvement
  • Spend 100 industry to equip ‘drones’ for your air units and gain 5 air military quality.

Trance
  • Allows Trance pilot ship module
  • Allows Trance gunner ship module
  • Spend 200 industry to equip ‘trance reflexes’ for your air units and gain 10 air military quality.
Tier Two
Spoiler :

Dimensional energy sequestration
  • allows Cloaking ship module
  • allows energy ablative dome habitat planetary improvement

Bioquantum Computing
  • allows Swarm micro-missiles ship module
  • allows Automated Recovery Systems planetary improvement
  • Spend 200 industry to equip ‘swarm micro-missiles’ for your naval units and gain 10 naval military quality.

Cruisers
  • allows the construction of ships based on the cruiser chassis

Gene Engineering
  • Allows Genehack lab planetary improvement.
  • Allows Bio-drone harvester complex planetary improvement.
  • Spend 200 industry to equip ‘engineered soldiers’ for your army units and gain 10 ground military quality.

Graviton Displacement
  • Allows Graviton Confinement Engine ship module
  • Allows Massless Cannon ship module

Ion Acceleration
  • Allows Ion Thrusters ship module.
  • Allows High Energy Manufacturing Complex planetary improvement.

Nanites
  • Allows Molecular compiler planetary improvement.
  • Allows Nanite Hive planetary improvement.
  • Spend 200 industry to equip ‘disassembler missiles’ for your naval ships and gain 10 naval military quality

Pulsed Plasma
  • allows Plasma beam ship module.
  • allows Thermal Dome planetary improvement.
  • Spend 200 industry to equip ‘pulse rifles’ for your army units and gain 10 ground military quality.

Rho-Mag Interface
  • allows Carrier bay ship module
  • Allows Perpendicular Energy Sensor Array ship module.
  • Allows Floating hab planetary improvement.

Vegetated Conchocrete
  • Allows Arcology planetary improvement.
  • Allows orbital archipelago planetary improvement.

2D Xeno-Genetics
available to: Qeng Ho
  • Allows 2D Gene xeno-splice habitat planetary improvement.
  • Allows 2D Gene xeno-splice floating habitat planetary improvement.

Tier Three
Spoiler :

Battle-cruisers
  • allows the construction of ships based on the battle-cruiser chassis

reserved

Planets

Beyond the planetary classification (A through Z) (see above under Star Systems of the Outer Norma), planets also have resource grades (depleted, poor, standard, abundant or rich).

In addition to planetary and resource classification, planets may have additional modifiers

Planetary Improvements

Habitats
Spoiler :

Frontier Habitat
Resource Cost: 50
Industry Cost: 25
Habitat Capacity: 50
Think ‘cowboy beebop’ or ‘firefly’ wild-west/sci-fi mix.
Up to six frontier habitat can be built on a M-class planet, 3 on a class L or O, or 1 on a class H or P planet.

Basic Habitat
Resource Cost: 500
Industry Cost: 300
Habitat Capacity: 250
Huge agriculture projects, rho-trains and high-rises, government complexes and public infrastructure under open skies in a breathable atmosphere
A basic habitat can be built on any L, M, or O -class world. One basic habitat or arcology can be built for every two frontier habitats present.

Arcology
consumes a basic habitat- ie- this is an upgrade
Tech: Vegetated conchocrete
Resource Cost: 1000
Industry Cost: 500
Habitat Capacity: 500
Extensive vertical farming, residential, and commercial development.
Upgrade from a basic habitat only. One basic habitat or arcology can be built for every two frontier habitats present.

Subterranean Habitat
Resource Cost: 400
Industry Cost: 100
Habitat Capacity: 40
Digging in and pressurizing tunnels and underground habitats. Food is grown in hydroponics and everything is recycled.
Build 1 on class C, D, F, and K planets, or 2 on class G, H, and P planets. Subterranean and standard and thermal dome habitats compete with each other for these limits.

Dome Habitat
Tech: Nanofied Z radiation
Resource Cost: 200
Industry Cost: 200
Habitat Capacity: 80
Provides breathable atmosphere at pressure when none exists under a reinforced nanofield Z shell. Life-support tends to be tightly regulated for maximal efficiency.
Build 1 on class D planets, or up to 2 on class C, F, and K planets, and 3 on class G, H, and P planets. Subterranean and standard and thermal dome habitats compete with each other for these limits.

Energy Ablative Dome Habitat
Tech: Dimensional energy sequestration
Industry Cost: 250
Reduces the effects of thermal and other energy upon the habitat dome by diffusing it into 5+ branes linked via manipulation of open strings (ie string theory) Otherwise they operate much like dome habitats.
Build 1 on class A, B, N, or X, or 2 on class E planets.

Thermal Dome Habitat
Tech: Pulsed Plasma
Resource Cost: 250
Industry Cost: 250
Provides breathable atmosphere at pressure when none exists under a reinforced nanofield Z shell. Importantly, the dome is highly insulated thermally and heated with fusion energy pulsed plasma. Life-support tends to be tightly regulated for maximal efficiency.
Build 2 on class I planets, 3 on class C, or 4 on class P planets.

Floating Habitat
Tech: Rho-Mag Interface (and pulsed plasma if in ‘cold zone’)
Resource Cost: 300
Habitat Capacity: 60
Provides a floating substrate to build upon, a breathable atmosphere (usually under a dome), and often, protection from very cold temperatures via fusion energy pulsed plasma. Life-support tends to be tightly regulated for maximal efficiency.
Build 2 on class J, 3 on class S, or 4 on class T planets. You can construct 7 floating habitats on class U planets.

Orbital Archipelago
Tech: Vegetated Conchocrete
Industry Cost: 350
Habitat Capacity: 50
Imagine a series of space habitats made from asteroids or very small moons
Can only be built in systems with an orbital shipyard.
Maximum one per planet.

2D Gene xeno-splice habitat
Tech: 2D Xeno-Genetics
Resource cost: 200
Industry cost: 50
Habitat capacity: 50
By incorporating the strange 2D lipid genetics of Hoth into our genetic material we can add new biochemical enzymology and structure to make us more resistant to reducing environments, cold, and pressure. Combined with some basic cybernetics and existing genehacks, we can not only live, but grow crops and herd some modified earthly species in deep oceans and other foreign environments otherwise not available to us.
Build one habitat on class N, O, or P planets.

2D Gene xeno-splice floating habitat
Tech: 2D Xeno-Genetics, Rho-Mag Interface
Resource cost: 400
Industry cost: 300
Habitat capacity: 40
Provides floating substrate to build on for gas planets but due to new Hoth-derived genetic material, can be used at much lower altitudes and higher pressures.
Build 1 on class I, class J, class S, class T or class U planets.

Resource improvements
Spoiler :

All improvements of this sort are more or less productive depending on the resource classification of the planet they are built on.

Basic Mines
Resource Cost: 100
Industry Cost: 50
Habitat Cost: 50
The basic mining complex has a base resource production of 100 resources.

Helium Mining Complex
Tech: Fusion
The helium mining complex has a base resource production of 150 resources.

Bio-Drone Harvesting complex
Tech: Gene Engineering
Bio-Drone Harvesting complex has a base resource production of 200 resources.

Drone Mining System
Tech: Telepresence
Industry Cost: 450
Habitat Cost: 35
Drone mining has a base production of 100 resources.

Automated Recovery Systems
Tech: Bioquantum computing
Industry Cost: 900
Habitat Cost: 25
Automated Recovery Systems have a base production of 100 resources.

Industry Improvements
Spoiler :

Basic Factories
Industry Cost: 150
Basic factories consume 50 resources and produce 100 industry.

Heavy Industry Complex
Tech: Ceramasteal
Heavy industry complexes consume 75 resources and produce 150 industry.

High Energy Manufacturing Complex
Tech: Ion Acceleration
Resource Cost: 400
Industry Cost: 600
High energy manufacturing complexes consume 100 resources and produce 200 industry.

Robotic Factories
Tech: Self-Assembling Robotics
Industry Cost: 450
Robotic factories consume 50 resources and produce 120 industry.

Molecular Compiler
Tech: Nanites
Resource Cost: 600
Industry Cost: 900
Molecular compilers consume 50 resources and produce 135 industry.

Research Improvements
Spoiler :

Basic Lab
Basic labs produce 50 research. Limit one per planet.

Physics Lab
Tech: Plasma
Industry Cost: 400
Habitat Cost: 30
Basic labs produce 75 research. Limit one per planet.

Genehack Lab
Tech: Gene Engineering
Resource Cost: 600
Industry Cost: 400
Basic labs produce 100 research. Limit one per planet.

Planetary Military Improvements
Spoiler :

Barracks
Industry Cost: 50
Barracks provide a +5 to army quality. The barracks are required to build army brigades. Max one per planet.

Airfield
Airfields provide a +5 to air quality. The airfield is required to build air wings. An airfield can only be built on planets with atmosphere. Max one per planet.

Shipyard
Resource Cost: 75
Industry Cost: 75
Shipyards provide a +5 to naval quality. The shipyard is required to build navy ships. The shipyard can only be built on planets with lakes, seas, or oceans. Max one per planet.

Nanite Hive
Tech: Nanites
Habitat Cost: 10
Provides +5 quality to all planetary military and space military quality. Max one per system.

Space Infrastructure
Spoiler :

Particle accelerator
A particle accelerator is required to manufacture jump-capable ships within the star system.

Orbital Dock
The orbital dock is required to extend the range of jump-capable craft. So a craft with a jump range of one could jump one gate to a system without a dock, then either return to its starting position (assuming it had a dock present) or jump to a new system with a orbital dock.

Orbital shipyard
Upgrades the orbital dock to an orbital shipyard (requires an orbital dock). The shipyard does everything the dock does and additionally allows the construction of spaceships in the star-system. An orbital dock cannot be built and upgraded to an orbital shipyard in the same turn.
Note that constructing jump-capable ships also require a particle accelerator within the system.

Cherenkov satellite
Tech: Cherenkov Imaging
Resource cost: 100
Industry cost: 100
Habitat cost: 10
Provides rank 1 sensors for the star system, rank 2 sensors for the planet it orbits. Does not stack. Can be moved by ships with cargo capacity of 100 or greater (counts as 200 resources/industry for purposes of cargo transport).

Planetary Warfare and Military Units
Spoiler :

There are three types of units used on planets, army brigades, air wings, and naval ships. These are very obviously abstractions of much more complex units but none-the-less serve our purposes.

Unit Costs
Spoiler :

New army brigades, air wings, and ships can be built for 10 industry each.

New units require barracks, airfields, or shipyards to be built.

Deployment
Spoiler :

You cannot build units from barracks, airfields, or shipyards that you complete that turn.

You can deploy and use units on the turn that build them.

Quality
Spoiler :

A new technology might unlock new improvement for your units. For example, uncovering ‘ceramasteel’ might uncover the option to build ceramasteel ships for your navy or deploy ceramsteal-based exoarmor for your army brigades. Such an improvement will have a cost (described in the technology) and effect (usually just +X to planetary military quality).

Alternatively, barracks, airfields, and shipyards also improve military quality.

Lastly, quality improves through use. What does not kill us… and all that.

Ships

Finally we get to the good stuff.

Ship Stats
Spoiler :

Example Statistics

Terra-Class Laser Frigate
Cost: 300 I
HP: 2
Power: 0 (6)
Speed: 3 (8)
Weapons: 1
Shields: 0
Sensors: 0
Stealth: 0
Cargo: 0
Transport: 0
Carrier: 0
Jump: 1
Modules: Fission reactor x2 (+6 power, 2 mass), Electrothermal Jets x2 (-4 power, 8 propulsion, 2 mass), Jump Matrix (-1 power, 1 jump, 1 mass), Laser battery (-1 power, +1 weapons, 1 mass)

Costs are always in industry. One ship (or one squadron) costs this much to manufacture. Costs are revealed after the ship is designed but base costs are generally 50 I per module. This is modified by chassis type. So a destroyer would cost 75 I per module and a fighter would cost 40 I per module.

Hit points are determined by the ship classification. Frigates get 2. Larger ships get more. Fighters get 1.

Power is the strength of your engines. The first number is how much that ship has left after powering its propulsion systems, its weapons, etc (ie: net power generation). It cannot be negative or the ship becomes inert. If the number is positive, some modules will provide a small additional advantage (ie- some weapons are stronger when there is spare energy to draw upon- see module descriptions). The second number is how much total power it is generating.

Speed is derived from the propulsion of the ship’s engines minus its mass. The ship classification may also affect ship speed. In the example above, the total mass of all modules that make up the ship is 6. Its total propulsion is 8. 8 minus 6 is 2 so its speed is… wait.. its a frigate (which get +1 speed) so it gets +1; its speed is 3. Speed counts for determining who gets combat initiative and who can outrun who.

If speed is derived from interstellar-capable propulsion (ex: ramscoop), then speed can be used to calculate how long it takes a ship to move from one map hex to another. Each hex is 6 ‘space doo-dads’. Your ship can move its interstellar speed in doo-dads per turn. So a ramscoop-outfitted ship with a speed of 2 could reach a star-system 1 hex away in 3 turns.

Weapons are your pew-pews. Weapons like eating shields and hitpoints.

Shields are what prevent weapons from pew-pewing you.

Sensors help you see stuff, especially stuff that is stealthed.

Without sensors you can tell what class the planets in your system are and if there are any ships, though not what classification they are.

With rank 1 sensors you can tell what type resource ranks planets in your system have and what habitats and improvements they may have. Rank 1 sensors also reveal the classification of other ships in your system

Rank 2 sensors tell you what planetary units are present on a planet. They also reveal the exact modules/stats of other ships in your system.

Rank 3 and higher sensors act like rank 2 sensors but are able to penetrate stealth to a greater degree.

A ship may orbit a particular planet to increase its sensor rank against units on that planet (presumably to assist in planetary operations there) but then receives a -1 for sensing in the system as a whole.

Stealth acts to counter sensors. A ship with rank 1 stealth entering a system in which the ships of another faction do not have any ranks in sensors cannot be seen. Ships with rank 1 stealth observed by a rank 1 sensor ship reveal presence/absence of ship but do not reveal classification.

Generally each rank of stealth acts to counter a rank of sensor.

Some planets may provide ranks of stealth, effectively helping to hide what is going on both on the planet and in its orbits. Navigators and pilots are advising to be careful of stealthed enemies in the presence of particularly radioactive planets.

Jump is the number of jump-gates distant that ship can travel from friendly orbital docks and shipyards. Ships without speed cannot jump even if they have jump rating. To access ranges greater than one jump gte the ship’s speed needs to be at least equal to its jump rating.

Cargo, transport, and carrier list the number of resources/industry (cargo), planetary military units (transport), or fighters (carrier) you can move from one system to another with the ship. Remember that if you control all docks/shipyards within a route (or they are made available by an ally), and no unallied ships are present anywhere along the route, you can move 10x the numbers by making multiple jumps within the turn.

Modules are a list of all components on the ship.
Classifications
Spoiler :

Ships come in 7 basic classifications (station, fighter, frigate, assault/lander, destroyer, cruiser, battle-cruiser). Not all ship classes are available at the beginning of the game; some will need further technology to be unlocked.

Stations

Requisite Tech: None
Cost: Standard
Mass Limits: No maximum
Base HP: mass/4
Notes: -2 stealth (minimum is 0), No propulsion possible (speed is always 0). No jump possible. When built please describe its orbit or location in the system. Orbital docks or shipyards and be built into stations.

Fighter

Requisite Tech: Fighters
Cost: 0.8x
Mass Limit: max of 4
Base HP: 1
Notes: +3 speed. Cannot be equipped with jumpgate, cargo, transport, or carrier modules. Can be carried with ‘carrier bay’ modules. Can enter gravity well/atmosphere. A unit of fighters describes a small squadron, not a single ship.

Frigate

Requisite Tech: none
Cost: 1.0x
Mass Limit: max of 7
Base HP: 2
Notes: +1 to speed. Cannot enter gravity well/atmosphere.

Assault/Lander

Armed ships of this class capable of entering gravity wells (or atmosphere) are called ‘assault class’. Unarmed ships designed to enter gravity wells/atmosphere are called ‘lander class’. Otherwise they are basically the same thing.

Cost: 1.2x
Mass Limit: max of 9
Base HP: 2
Notes: Can enter gravity well/atmosphere.

Destroyer

Cost: 1.5x
Mass Limit: between 5 and 12
Base HP: 3
Notes: Cannot enter gravity well/atmosphere.

Cruiser

Requisite Tech: cruisers
Cost: 2.0x
Mass Limit: between 8 and 18
Base HP: 5
Notes: -1 to speed. Cannot enter gravity well/atmosphere.

Battle-Cruiser

Requisite Tech: battle-cruisers
Cost: 3.0x
Mass Limit: between 8 and 20
Base HP: 8
Notes: -2 to speed. Cannot enter gravity well/atmosphere.

Ship Design
Spoiler :

Different ship classes have different design costs. Design costs are paid in both research points and industry. Once that particular ship is designed, that class of ship becomes available to its creator. New ships cost 20 research and 20 industry per module to design.

A ship designer can share plans for the ship but never on the turn it is initially designed. Learning a new design from a friend costs the same research cost but no industry. You cannot learn a design for a ship if you lack the technology to build its components.

You can sell another faction ships and they can use them regardless of technology differences. Said ships can be used to reverse engineer the ship design (pay full knowledge cost, but half industry cost) once the associated technologies have been developed. Reverse-engineering a ship cannot be used to assist in learning the associated technologies.

Factions that routinely engage in designing new ships of a particular type will find that they get better at it. The stats of the units they design will be superior to similarly ships designed by less accomplished engineers.

Deployment
Spoiler :

You cannot build ships from orbital shipyards that you completed that turn.

You cannot build ships whose designs you completed (or learned) that turn.

You can deploy and use ships on the turn that build them.

Quality
Spoiler :

Ship quality is unaffected by new technologies. New technologies merely open up new modules with which you can design more modern ships.

A limited number of planetary improvements can improve space military quality.

Like for planetary military quality, use also improves space military quality.

Cargo, Transport, and Carrier
Spoiler :

Ships with cargo capacity can move resources and industry from one planet to another and from one star-system to another.

Ships with transport capacity can move planetary military. Carriers move fighters.

At outlined in ‘Jumpgates’ section of the ‘Star Systems of the Outer Norma’ post, a ship can move up to ten times its capacity from one planet to another anywhere that it can reach via its jump range (so anywhere along a series of orbital docks that are either faction controlled or allied). So a ship with a transport capacity of 1 can move up to 10 units from one planet in star system A to any other planet in star system A or, if equipped with a jump engine, B or C, or whatever, as long as they are linked via orbital docks. To reiterate from above, a transport ship with a ‘Jump’ stat of 1 can never be more than 1 jump away from a friendly orbital dock though. This is a great way of reinforcing distant planets where hostile forces are not a factor.

The presence of hostile ships either within the system or anywhere along the jump route (either at the start of the turn or anytime within the turn) limits the transport capacity to 1x the normal transport capacity.

So a ship with a transport capacity of 1 can go back and forth within a friendly system and move units, 1 at time until such time as ten units are moved, but if a hostile ship shows up within the movement outline, then only 1 unit will be moved.

Unlike troops, an unlimited number of resources can be moved within a turn from one planet to another as long as there are no neutral or hostile ships in the system.

This is important to consider when planning your attack. You can limit reinforcements to outlying planets or systems by interfering with an enemy’s logistic chain.

Ship Modules
Spoiler :

Fission Reactor
Power: 3
Mass: 1

Decascale Fusion reactor
Tech: Fusion
Power: 4

Graviton Confinement Engine
Tech: Graviton Displacement
Power: 5

Electrothermal Jets
Power: -2
Propulsion: 4

Sif electrothermal engines
Tech: Nanofield Z Radiation
Propulsion: 5

Ion Thrusters
Tech: Ion Acceleration
Propulsion: 6
If there is excess power and the ships engines are solely ion thrusters, and there are no plasma or plasma beam weapons aboard, add 1/3 of unused power to the ship's speed rating (rounded up).

Ramscoop Engine
Tech: Ramscoops
Power: -3
Propulsion: 4
Points of propulsion count towards interstellar travel propulsion.

Trance Pilot
Tech: Trance
Power: 0
Propulsion: 1
Mass: 0
Max one per ship.

Laser Battery
Power: -1

Plasma Cannon
Tech: Plasma
Mass: 2
Weapons: 2
If there is excess power and the ships weapons are solely plasma cannons or plasma beams, add 1/3 of unused power to the ship's weapons rating (rounded up).

Swarm Micro Missiles
Tech: Bioquantum computing
Weapons: 2

Plasma Beam
Tech: Pulsed plasma
Weapons: 3
If there is excess power and the ships weapons are solely plasma cannons or plasma beams, add 1/3 of unused power to the ship's weapons rating (rounded up).

Massless Cannon
Tech: Graviton Displacement
Power: -3
Weapons: 3

Trance Gunner
Tech: Trance
Power: 0
Max one per ship.

Rho-shields
Tech: Rho-Shielding
Shields: 1

Jump Matrix
Jump engine modules are not cumulative.

Cargo Bay
Cargo: 100

Transport Bay
Transport: 1

Carrier Bay
Tech: Rho-mag interface
Carrier: 1

Cherenkov Sensors
Tech: Cherenkov Imaging
Sensors: 1
Not cumulative with other sensor modules.

Perpendicular Energy Sensor Array
Tech: Rho-Mag Interface
Sensors: 2
Not cumulative with other sensor modules.

Cloaking
Tech: Dimensional energy sequestration
Stealth: 1
Not cumulative with other stealth modules.

Jumpseed
Tech: Self-assembling robotics
Mass: 3
A ship outfitted with jumpseed can disassemble itself to generate a new jump-gate. The gate links to the gate of the star system the ship came from (usually closest friendly).

Ships (continued)

Ship Designs

Frigates
Spoiler :

Terra-Class Laser Frigate
Available: All
Speed: 3 (8)
Modules: Fission reactor x2 (+6 power, 2 mass), Electrothermal Jets x2 (-4 power, 8 propulsion, 2 mass), Jump Matrix (-1 power, 1 jump, 1 mass), Laser battery (-1 power, +1 weapons, 1 mass)

Assault/Landers
Spoiler :

Terra-Class Cargo Lander
Speed: 2 (8)
Cargo: 100
Modules: Fission reactor x2 (+6 power, 2 mass), Electrothermal Jets x2 (-4 power, 8 propulsion, 2 mass), Jump Matrix (-1 power, 1 jump, 1 mass), Cargo Bay (-1 power, +100 cargo, 1 mass)

Terra-Class Transport Lander
Speed: 2 (8)
Transport: 1
Modules: Fission reactor x2 (+6 power, 2 mass), Electrothermal Jets x2 (-4 power, 8 propulsion, 2 mass), Jump Matrix (-1 power, 1 jump, 1 mass), Transport Bay (-1 power, +1 transport, 1 mass)

Not so much a FAQ as a

Questions Worth Answering Publicly

How heavily does this tie in to EV?

Not too much. The technologies have EV 'flavor'. Also, some players may use it as a basis for their factions. You are of course free to create your own thing.

Basically its just flavor.

Story bonuses?

Yes.

Planets and moons on my stats page say “resources unknown”. How can I learn what they have?

You either need more sensors or you need to scout them directly. If you build a Cherenkov satellite you get sensors 1 across your system which is enough to reveal planetary resources (unless the planet produces stealth- usually from high levels of radiation or magnetism). This is the fastest way if you have the technology. Alternatively you can send one of your ships to go investigate things- in which case it can generate a report for the planet and all its moons in one turn.

But what if the planet has stealth?

You can send a ship with sensors to investigate. Or you can send a transport and some soldiers; the soldiers can then go take samples themselves.

With who do we as polities in the game have contact? Of who's existence are we aware?

Every other player character faction. Quantum entanglement... something... something... TALKIES!

Can we spend our income or only our bank

Only the bank.

We can trade Resource & Industry Points right?

If you can move the materials, you can trade them.

If one doesn't have enough resources on planet to run factories, can it be shipped over from another planet if cargo transport is available?

You can move resources (and industry) within a solar system easily enough. I imagine factions would have their mines on resource rich/abundant planets/moons and their factories on resource poor/depleted planets/moons.

Does deconstruction take a full turn for the refund on the industry to be added to the bank?

Instantaneous.

Can we make a treaty with another polity so that we can cross each other's solar system without being considered neutral or hostile? Would that treaty count as an alliance/defensive pact or would it be a term/status of its own?

Yes. That would be some sort of 'use of space docks' agreement. You can outline the terms of the treaty however you see fit. If your partner reneges on you you may find yourself adrift in hostile territory however.

There is an option to disassemble things?

Yes. Resource costs are lost but you can recover half the industry paid.

What buildings or programs effect Stability?

You can develop your own programs that affect stability based on whatever values your faction holds. A religious faction might get stability from building a temple, whereas a militant faction might get stability from building a veteran's hospital. I leave it to you.

How do we colonize a new planet?

Move resources and industry there sufficient to build a habitat and whatever other builds you want to. Colonizing a new planet within a system is fairly easy- you just need a cargo ship of some sort to carry the materials.

Colonizing a planet in a nearby star-system requires a cargo ship with jump capacity and the capacity to carry enough resources to build the appropriate habitats and buildings. Remember that in the absence of neutral or hostile ships, your cargo ships can move 10x their cargo value in materials (resources and industry) which should be more than enough to get you started.

You don't need to worry about people too much- we'll just abstract that part of the game.

Can we colonise planets and moons and other bodies that are in the solar systems where other powers have colonies?

As long as both parties, cumulatively, do not exceed the habitat capacity for the planet its fine. IE: A M-class planet has a maximum of 6 frontier zones. If one party has built four, then the maximum either party could build in addition to those four is two.

If you are building more population support that will raise your population the next turn. Can you build something that would put you over the cap if you didn't build that item?
Example, you want to build on a new planet, but said planet doesn't have population yet. You're building a habitat on the world, can you also build a mine on the world since it should come online at the same time as the new habitat?

Yes; you can do that.

What are the base cost of the space units?

Costs are revealed after the ship is designed but base costs are generally 50 I per module. This is modified by chassis type. So a destroyer would cost 75 I per module and a fighter would cost 40 I per module.

Also is it possible to upgrade an existing ship with new technology? IE, you research a plasma module can you retrofit an existing ship with the new tech?

No.

When a cloaked neutral/hostile ship enters the solar system of another polity, does that mess with the logistics of said polity (unable to carry 10x troops and resources)?

No. They only slow down because they are at risk when enemy ships are around. If you wanted to threaten them (and slow down shipping) you’d have to uncloak. Conceivably you could use a cloaked carrier to launch uncloaked fighters though and get the results you are looking for.

Are Cherenkov sensors needed to scout stealth planets or just our ships internal systems? If I have a (stealth +2) rad emitter planet would I need better sensors?

Cherenkov satellites (and the Cherenkov sensor ship module) give rank 1 sensors for the system. For stealth two planets then you only get to see that there are planets/moons there, not what type or resource rank. Without the sensors you'd not even know if there was moons or not.

Cherenkov sensors on a ship that goes and explores that system will tell you what class the planets/moons are. To actually determine resources you'll have to use your transporter to send teams of scientists/engineers along with soldiers to see yourself. Which can be dangerous.

Do systems have one jump gate per connection, or one jump gate that connects to multiple system? IE Does my system have one gate linking to both N12 and Q13, or two gates, one to each?

One.

Also, if jump engines aren't cumulative, how do you get a range more than 1?

In theory such engines are possible. They have yet to be developed. Perhaps as our scientific expertise evolves we might learn such secrets (ie- it’s a tier 3 techonlogy.

If Fusion creates a engine for water navy ships what tech creates a space navy engine.

Fusion allows the 'decascale fusion reactor' ship module for your space ships.

Were is the for Destroyer Tech or is a standard knowledge tech?

Standard tech. Any faction can design and use destroyers as of the game’s launch.

What is the cost to study rank 2 in a tech?

250 research points.

How are Tier 3 techs to be determined?

They will be revealed as your science progresses (or you find interesting things- tee hee)

Are there aliens?

Yes. Are they sentient? Thats a different question and one I will not answer.

I'm interested, but can't join unless you change the font color. It looks awful on CFC Black.

Claiming sector O9.

Faction Name: Corona Flori (Also known as: Fading Crown, Fall Crown, Crown of Autumn, Corona Autumn, etc
Faction Values: Victorianesque aesthetics. Materialism. Strict Honor code.
Government Type: Defacto military dictatorship by aristocratic oligarchy and the Empress.
Further description later.

Once you submit your faction, you can start thinking about how you want to spend your starting funds. You'll have 300 research to start with and thats enough for 3 tier 1 techs (or you could research a ship if you wanted to). Based on that you can then start thinking what you want to spend your starting resources and industry on- you get 1000 resources and 800 industry.

So yeah, people, if you want to include spending 300 research, 1000 resources, and 800 industry into your initial post that would be useful. Alternatively you can e-mail me your starting expenditures at immaculate.game@gmail.com.

Your stats to start with are:
Your faction (player name)
Government: whatevs
Values: whatevz
Research: 300 (0)
Techs:
System name (+450 resource, +300 industry, +0 research)
Resources: 1000
Industry: 800
1 Tera-class Transport Lander​
Planet name (M-class, standard resources) (550/700)
basic habitat (x2), frontier habitat (x4), basic mines (x6), basic factories (x3), army barracks, particle accelerator, orbital shipyard

House Klorin
Spoiler :

• T-12
  • Aurora, orbiting Amur
  • Honor, Neo-Feudalism
  • A Feudal system with technology concentrated in the hands of the Lords. An Updated Feudal Contract where, in addition to protection from outsiders, Lords must also wisely doll out the gifts of technology: Medicine, Meteorology, etc.
  • Amur Klorin, on Once-Earth, was a cult leader with great following, preaching that, though technology would solve many ills, it would also cause many more. He preached that technology remain in the hands of the few, who would take the burden of it's dangers on themselves and doll out it's rewards to those in need. The rest, those without technology in hand, would live the worthiest of lives, as our ancestors had, tilling the land and crafting goods by hand. When earth was abandoned, the Klorin imposed this system of belief on all the inhabitants of Aurora, with feudal lords having access to high technology, and doling it's rewards out to their serfs, who work the land and craft goods.

Name: the Collective Coensus Conclave AKA the Corporate Collective Conclave AKA CCC
Location on the map: C3
Capital City: the Coensus Conclave
Home Planet: Mamonas
Home Sector: Opes
Culture: Neocapitalist. Collectivist. Stoic. Wealth obsessed. Greedy. Knowledge as the ultimate wealth. Paranoid. Open to cybernetics.
Order: Corporate Oligarchy; power is competed between the corporations.
Motto: There is no me but we

History

The joint space colonial programme conducted by both the Nova Aetate Corporation and the El-Ghazzaway Corporation that set to Opes was doomed in its colonial efforts by both the financial troubles Nova Aetate faced and from the emerging of a political society known as the Iussum which short its own vision in the colonial effort. Hence when Nova Aetate sold stocks to the Phoenix Unlimited, allowing the third entry into the venture, they had allowed an operative body of the Iussum to leave Earth. When the join corporate colonial ship arrived in the Opes sector the corporate war began which saw Iussum conduct a string of assassinations and intimidations to force the Nova Aetate and El-Ghazzaway executives on board the ship to surrender their powers to Phoenix Unlimited. As they arrived on the planet Mamonas the head of the Iussum unit, Dante Guō, arrange the establishment of a new homeland for Iussum.

The Iussum are a transhumanism collectivist society which felt that the clinging to individuality limited the potential of humanity. They believed in the virtues of knowledge and saw a neocapitalist methodology as a means to enhance their collectivist ideas by aiming on enhancing the group through wealth, feeling that individualism always places a limit on the potential desire to enhance the collective as a whole. Pheonix Unlimited was their corporate branch. When Guō arrived in Momonas he felt the planet would serve as a foundation of this collective vision and hence saw it as the conclave that would serve as cradle to the efforts.

Phoenix Unlimited officially disbanded Nova Aetate and El-Ghazzaway corporations, taking their assets before forming themselves as a new governmental order as the Collective Coensus Conclave in tribute to the chosen capital of the order. The Corporate Collective Conclave aided the establishment of corporations to serve their collective interests. The formed Conclave Council would be made up of representatives of the corporations on the beheld of their heads, the executors. Dante Guō meanwhile became the first Summum Exsecutor, the official head of the CCC. However his rule was short live as elements of Nova Aetate and El-Ghazzaway assassinated him, resulting in Isabella Vetro to become the successor. Now the CCC is determined to weed out the hostile elements within and to commence their social engineering programme to create a corporate collectivist society. They have not forsaken their original transhumanist ideas and have opened themselves to the idea of a cybernetic revolution as a means, to quote Vetro, “to bring the all into the whole.” Science is the tool to achieve this dream and they begin to establish a plan to create a advance wealthy society.

The United Terran Federation
"No Forgiveness, No remorse, No respite. Remember Earth."

Spoiler :

Sector
Keppler-11 (K11), Re-designated "Central"
Star
G-type main-sequence star; Keppler-11a, Re-Designated "Sol Invictus"
Crownworld
Category-M Planetoid, Designated "New Earth"
Capital City
LHS-7887b, Designated "Pangea"

Government
Federal presidential autocratic republic
Leadership
President Zachary D. Monroe

Ideological Values
Imperialism, Militarism, Totalitarianism, Regulated Religious Acceptance, Extremist Xenophobic Mindset, Pro-Racial Purity, Human Supremacist Beliefs

Historical Background

The xenophobic and pro-militant human remnant which now resides and slowly expands out of it's territorial borders from the Norma-Keppler-11 star system, more commonly known to the surviving escapees as The United Terran Federation, is the result of a complete and ruthless social adjustment under the fear of yet another extinction event by The Other.

This growing faction was, initially, established moments before the seed ships made their jump, with Earth being burned away in the background by some unknown, mechanical abomination. Never again would Mankind endure the suffering of xenos, never again would they allow such horrid tragedy to befall their kind. These were the principals of the Federation. They would become the shield, as well as the sword, which defended mankind both against the terrors of the beyond, and within. At any costs.

Seeing no other way than to rule through extreme measures of control and regulation, the moral integrity of the Federation has diminished over a short span of time, and it's citizens have either willingly or not, been forced to abandon their freedoms for security and order. Fear and hatred of The Other is the fuel of which the Federation's machinery grinds ever onward toward it's primary directive; Complete racial unity - and the annihilation of all xenomorph species.

The majority of the seeder ship's inhabitants were mostly composed of multinational (primarily North-American descendants) and essential personnel, such as engineers, scientists, soldiers; the more "practical" part. However, due to the outrageous amount of corruption during this dark era in human history, there were also a large portion of wealthy politicians, military officers and upper-class citizenry that were brought along due to their immense "financial support" for the exodus project.

Celestial Enchanced Republic of Nations

Values: Collectivism, Progressivism, Innovation, Research , Environmentalism, Transhumanism

Government: Republic
College of Laws: 1156 Seats
Planetary Parliament: 1131 Seats ( 466 Zarathustra's Followers, 315 Science's Lovers, 142 Saviours of Mankind, 120 Democratic Legion, 65 Platform for a clean Second Opportunity , 23 Independents )

Scientific Commision: 25 Seats

History: Even though if you asked what the common human of the early 21st century what CERN is, the answer of which would be "a laboratory somewhere in Switzerland", CERN as we know it today was formed as an entity moments before the aliens destroyed the Terran entities of old. Their common background as scientists and technophiles, and their common ideals of a transhumanist and progressive society that focuses on scientific research and innovation proved the ground that was needed for the formation.

When the time came for the escape, the personell of some space stations and orbital laboratories that had survived the onslaught decided to take direct control of the situation, and instead of joining the courses that were dictated by whatever form of government that had survived or those that were dictated by the military, they chose to board their own ships with whatever they took from their previous location and choose a new location with other like - minded "rebels".

Once they arrived in their current star system, the members of CERN decided to settle a planet whose conditions were similar to that of old Earth, and was as such named "Second Opportunity". The first government of CERN was an emergency technocracy that solidified the most important values that remain up to this day: Transhumanism, progressivism and science. According to CERN, the old human polities lost to the aliens because they decided to ignore scientific progress and instead focus on pleasing corrupt politicians, plutocrats and military officers.

When basic industries were created and old technologies were re - implemented, the technocracy was therefore disbanded and a parliamentary system - wide republic, leaded by a President, was formed. Although unlike other old polities where the President was a powerful figure, he still retains a symbolic position of honour that is elected directly by the citizens of CERN. The most powerful political entity is that of the Parliament, although its powers are checked by a Scientific Commision whose members are elected and whose purpose is to point out flaws in laws and decisions of the Parliament.

Stats:
Spoiler :

CERN (Polyblank)
Government: Parliamentary Democracy
Values: Progressive Hinduism, Education, Family, Aesthetics
Research: 0 (0)
Techs:
Ceramasteal
Fusion Energy
Plasma

Second Opportunity (+ resource, + industry, + research)
Resources: 400
Industry: 0
1 Tera-class Transport Lander

Second Opportunity c (M-class, standard resources) (550/700)
basic habitat (x2), frontier habitat (x4), basic mines (x6), helium mining complex, heavy industry complex, physics lab, basic factories (x3), army barracks, particle accelerator, orbital shipyard

I have to say that this looks top notch, I always love it when someone does a space NES/IOT/NESIOT/IOTNES/whatever. Unfortunately I don't have the time to do a proper signup at the moment, but if you've got less than 16 players when my exams are over then I'll signup, but that seems super unlikely. Good luck with this project! :goodjob:

Hey,

Name: The Yankee Suns Empire
Home plant: Miyobi
Home star: Oni Fox
Culture: Imperialistic, experientialistic, eidolism, irreligionistic but are monotheistic. Transhumanism. Terranistic.
Government: Stratocracy, Hierarchy of Space Navy Officers.
History: Once long ago, a C rated Phyla fled like wussies to the depths of space. They now work to return to war against those that forced us from Terra. Having said that. If we know cool. If not I can work with that to.

Any small story bonuses or did I miss that? :shifty:

Glad to see you back here. Looking forward to this.

Blaze Injun

Name: Stellar Republic of Pambazuka (Jamhuri Stellar ya Pambazuka)

Location on the map: T12

The name given to your new home planet: New Home

A description of culture: Communalism, Social Responsibility, Education, Health, Sustainability, Worker Cooperatives

Description of government: Parliamentary federal republic

A short historical biography: In progress

Top Bottom