Yamato - NavalWar

Shall we just declare India as the game winner?

If both America and Japan feel that way, I wouldn't argue. Though I'm still really enjoying this game and wouldn't mind continuing until second place is clear. Or at least until the Russia-India standoff is resolved. It would seem a shame to quit while Russia still has all its original cities and a good-sized military. Not to mention enough workers to rebuild tile improvements as fast as India's air force can pillage them :lol:

Another thing to keep in mind is that while India's production advantage continues, the end of the tech tree means their tech lead is effectively over. Even Russia is about to finish Stealth, so we'll all be at tech parity from now on. Though if America and Japan continue to fight each other, it is hard to see a path to victory for anyone other than India.

It continues. Interestingly China reacts, I guess, to Japanese territorial incursions, and dows on Japan.

What??? It is only the 3 greatest superpowers that are attacking me?

Bring it on! It's gonna be a piece cake! :ar15:

Secret message to Russia:
Spoiler :
Why are you not attacking me? Why do you disrespect me so much??? Do you realize that you are the only one??? Please correct this situation ASAP!

England was always quite in this game...

Why are you not attacking me? Why do you disrespect me so much??? Do you realize that you are the only one??? Please correct this situation ASAP!

It's nothing personal. Russia would love to send over an invasion force and join in on the dogpile, but our St. Petersburg forces seem to have become locked in a whoever-moves-first-dies standoff with India. We suspect that's also why the main Indian force of 19 Missile Cruisers, 6 Destroyers, 7 Carriers, and 9 Transports remains anchored near home rather than slicing through Japan.

Rest assured that this standoff is only temporary, as India will eventually have enough units to split off a secondary invasion force or simply take a brute force approach. They are almost to that point already, but I'm guessing they will try to avoid sacrificing large numbers of units until there is only one other (human) power left to fight.

Good appraisal of currant situation, I think.

Japan slowly losing influence in global context.

Another thing to keep in mind is that while India's production advantage continues, the end of the tech tree means their tech lead is effectively over.
True but while we still have to spend money researching, India can use the money to buy units or invest in espionage. Not to mention that, even when the tech research is over for all of us, he will still have more production and money then us! He has in production alone more than double our 2 joint nations, imagine what the ratio will be if you consider the cash...

Rest assured that this standoff is only temporary, as India will eventually have enough units to split off a secondary invasion force or simply take a brute force approach. They are almost to that point already, (...)
Eventually? Nope, not eventually!
He already has a minor force already doing just that. It's a feeble force comparing to his main force (that is "locking" the Russians) but 4 Transports can still carry 16 units... veteran units I would suspect... :faint:

GPS

Luthor_Saxburg said:
India can use the money to buy units or invest in espionage

Not to mention bribing AI Civs into declaring war.

Luthor_Saxburg said:
He already has a minor force already doing just that.

It sounds like the last big decision point in this game might be fast approaching then. Once Japan has been eliminated or hopelessly crippled, will America team up with Russia to engage India, or will they attempt to remain friends with India until the final battle?:popcorn:

GPS.

Interestingly, the AI is now able to produce nuclear weapons... :think:

After the end of the air campaign, the sea blockage to Russia has also ended... "invisible ships" are not invisible anymore.... India will double its focus and watchfulness on the dangerous Russian, which seems to be able to grow militarily at almost the same pace as India. And now Russia will be again "fully operational"...:(

Bad turn. Lost substantial invasion fleet sheltering in Chinese coastal city, north of former French mainland. Unfortunately Chinese defences proved inadequate to their defensive duty.

The Japanese fleet remains just out of reach.

Well, well, well... So, the Russian fleet (or shall I say, the invasion Russian fleet...) left the port of Saint Petersburg, and the Russian decided to put all his carrier's jet fighters on the air. That was an opportunity that the Indian High Command could not waste:devil: ... 12 Russian fighters against 23 Indian fighters...

Orders were quickly given to the Indian pilots and a big air battle took place. During 16 rounds the battle was pretty balanced. The Russians lost 8 fighters and same number to Indians. However, when the Russians ran out of fully healthy fighters and its remaining, but damaged, fighters engaged the continuous waves of fully healthy Indian jet fighters, the tide changed definitively to India!

That was quite tasty after the latest huge defeat!:woohoo:

But the question is: where is heading a huge Russian fleet with 7 transports full of units???

My friendly advice to America is: Please, watch your back... your Russian neighbour might also want to have an island for himself, and the America's island is too lightly defended...

Russia decided to gamble this past turn, so we pulled back from an aggressive position on India and instead positioned our forces for a possible attack on America. Our hope was that India would decide to turn its attention elsewhere for awhile (and hopefully make some sort of tactical mistake at some point). That gamble apparently didn't work. India's production advantage means they can replace lost planes much more easily than Russia, so they didn't pass up the opportunity to wipe out my smaller air force as soon as I tried putting them in the air to protect my naval stack.

It may have been a bad strategy, but Russia doesn't really have any good strategic options that I can see. Continuing to turtle and engage in an arms race with someone with double our production would not end well, especially with the possibility of a nuclear-armed AI being bribed into war at some point :eek:

Russia would be lying if it said it hadn't considered the possibility of invading America, especially after America stood down its air force at India's request. However, invading the American homeland at this point would effectively end the game. Russia's aggressive troop movement towards America was largely intended as a ruse. Not only did we put all our Jet Fighters at risk, we also didn't move our bombers into attack position.

That said, Russia makes no promises as to what it will or won't do and likes to keep its options open, and anxiously awaits the next turn to assess the situation :D

What would be interesting would be to find out where the file is... or did you all just declare India as the winner and moved on? :mischief:

Last file I've sent was on June 24th (AD 82)

Played and sent Turn 82 on to Luthor. FYI - I'm still uploading to Tracker each turn, since it at least shows who has the ball even though the files aren't there.

Top Bottom