About those attempts to make an opensource or indy civ3 clone

Oh right, I should do this!

UserID: quintillus
Name: Quintillus CFC

For those interested, it is possible to hide your e-mail address, though it isn't done by default.

Btw, if one needs me there you can better pm me here to go there and answer, cause i have turned notifications off. Or email me (i left the email visible there...) :)

And i am wondering if it is just way WAY too early to start a thread about graphics.

I'm not sure how much the Civ 3 forum gets these days. The Civ 3 customization community is pretty small these days. But since this project wouldn't really be Civ 3 (although I hope it uses a lot of Civ 3 type graphics), couldn't the team put a call out on the other Civ creation forums and maybe the front page?

That might attract players with programming skills who've migrated to the newer versions of Civilzation. Or maybe players who've never played Civ 3 but want to help out to make something new.

^And iirc we still are of the view that any beta-ish (actually not even that late a stage) mark in this project can allow for publicfunding (fundraiser sites, etc, which seem to be doing good for game-related stuff). :)

Top Bottom