The Remembered: obscure civilizations of interest

Has anyone actually tried playing with Slovenia yet? I tried 3 times in a row and, in each game, I got a CTD as soon as I founded my capital. In combing through the database log, I noticed it seems Civ doesn't like the City and Spy names. I got numerous errors saying the names didn't exist in English or something to that affect (I started a new game with a different civ, so the logs got wiped clean so I can't post them :cringe:).

Also, with the release, shouldn't this thread been moved to the "New Civilizations" forum? You know, just so your civ will be remembered and not forgotten :mischief:

Perhaps it was because I also downloaded the latest CP beta. But I reverted back to the previous working-perfectly-fine version of the CP and the problem persisted, thus I assumed that it was a problem with Slovenia. Then I saw the grumblings in the Database log about names not existing and that further led me to believe it was Slovenia. Maybe I'll try it again after I finish my current Neo Assyria game.

Can't help but notice this has finally been moved up! Congrats! :D

So, do we have anything more for Oxus or Lapita? Or any other civ you want to do? ;) ;) ;)

Perhaps it was because I also downloaded the latest CP beta. But I reverted back to the previous working-perfectly-fine version of the CP and the problem persisted, thus I assumed that it was a problem with Slovenia. Then I saw the grumblings in the Database log about names not existing and that further led me to believe it was Slovenia. Maybe I'll try it again after I finish my current Neo Assyria game.

ok, I finished my Assyria game, started a new one as Slovenia and got an immediate CTD. Attached are the logs:

Attachments

• Database.7z
    3 KB · Views: 159
  • Lua.7z
    18 KB · Views: 147
I've found that there is a conflict between Slovenia and Calcul8r's West Virginia civ. If West Virginia is enabled, Slovenia gets all wonky and everything reverts to TXT_KEY_etc., etc. Looks like it has to do with both having a UU named the Mountaineer. Even though yours is technically Mountaineer Regiment, it must reference the unit name the exact same way as West Virginia's, because if I disable West Virginia then Slovenia suddenly works perfectly fine.

I've found that there is a conflict between Slovenia and Calcul8r's West Virginia civ. If West Virginia is enabled, Slovenia gets all wonky and everything reverts to TXT_KEY_etc., etc. Looks like it has to do with both having a UU named the Mountaineer. Even though yours is technically Mountaineer Regiment, it must reference the unit name the exact same way as West Virginia's, because if I disable West Virginia then Slovenia suddenly works perfectly fine.

Yup, looks like they're both UNIT_MOUNTAINEER (and although the tags for the names themselves are different - the Mountaineer Regiment is TXT_KEY_UNIT_MOUNTAINEER_DESC while the Mountaineer is just TXT_KEY_UNIT_MOUNTAINEER - both mods create a TXT_KEY_UNIT_HELP_MOUNTAINEER and a TXT_KEY_UNIT_MOUNTAINEER_STRATEGY). These duplicates in the Units and Language_en_US tables cause the entire XML files where they're defined to be thrown out, which causes cascading problems elsewhere; for this reason it's often a good idea to put one's username or modding-team name into the tags, like UNIT_HIRAM_MOUNTAINEER.

Yup, looks like they're both UNIT_MOUNTAINEER (and although the tags for the names themselves are different - the Mountaineer Regiment is TXT_KEY_UNIT_MOUNTAINEER_DESC while the Mountaineer is just TXT_KEY_UNIT_MOUNTAINEER - both mods create a TXT_KEY_UNIT_HELP_MOUNTAINEER and a TXT_KEY_UNIT_MOUNTAINEER_STRATEGY). These duplicates in the Units and Language_en_US tables cause the entire XML files where they're defined to be thrown out, which causes cascading problems elsewhere; for this reason it's often a good idea to put one's username or modding-team name into the tags, like UNIT_HIRAM_MOUNTAINEER.

Yep, I need to start doing that, too.

It's been a while. Any updates on the Oxus or Lapita?

It's been a while. Any updates on the Oxus or Lapita?

For sure, haha. I'm going to resume coding Oxus once my last exam is done next Wednesday. Lapita I'm not so sure about.

However, after Oxus is done I have other plans:

For sure, haha. I'm going to resume coding Oxus once my last exam is done next Wednesday. Lapita I'm not so sure about.

However, after Oxus is done I have other plans:

I'm guessing either Chagatai or the Golden Horde.
Senshi is already doing a Manchu civ

Woo! Thanks for the release Hiram!

Top Bottom