How to Fix Memory Bad Allocation???

Thank you for whoever figured out the fix! On vista 32 this works great. I was getting tired after every two turns of rebooting the game. Now if I could just speed up the 20 civ huge map game ;) Thanks again.

Hello!
Have a same problem on Win7 Ultimate. In a late game whan it's using about 1.2G of RAM I'm getting this error:
Memory allocation failure Reason:bad allocation, File.\CvAppMainLoop.cpp, Line: 261At the first I thought that 1of my Ram modul not functioning well, it was DDR2@667 2x1G, than I bought 2x2G@1066, with no success. I was stupid not search for cause on the net first. can somebody tell is there any solution to fix this problem? It's interesting that on my older, slow computer, running XP I had no such problems

Hey folks,

will this help on Win7 32bit
4 GB RAM
GeForce 9800 GT (512 MB)

I also encounter bad allocation failures with Cybah's BASE Mod.

Please help :-(

Ok it did help. :) sorry for the double post, but I wanted to let you know this also works with Win7.

I did not understand however how to get this done in Win xp. Can you guys please let me know how to fix maf on Win xp?

Ty and merry Xmas!

If you have Memory Allocation Failure in the middle of the game and you're running Windows Vista 32 here's the solution:

Click start and run the command "bcdedit /set IncreaseUserVA 3072" Then restart the computer.

You will have no more MAF problem now.

Works Perfectly. Thanx Ori... :goodjob::goodjob::goodjob:

Ok, I typed this in exactly as you said but it's telling me that.

"The boot configuration data store could not be opened.
Access is denied."

What does this mean and how can I correct it?

It's probably because the Account your loged in with doesn't have the necessary permissions to do it.

iirc you can search for "cmd" in start menu, then right click the thing it comes up with and choose "run as administrator". That should open a Command window with Admin privileges. Then enter the bcedit command there, it should have all the necessary rights to do what your asking it to do. Be sure that you have >= 4GB of Ram and Backup of all important data in case something goes wrong...

Hey there, I keep getting this problem on a Win7 64 bit, 4*4.6 GHz system with 8GB RAM. Any ideas on how to fix this? I either gets CTD or MAF... :sad:

What version of the game are you playing and did you try wiping everything out and reinstalling???

This problem is really annoying... I cannot pass the year 1504 (on marathon).

- I've done the 3gb switch.
- I'm playing with the lowest possible graphic configuration, animations and resolution.
- I've dedicated my nvidia to performance for this game.

Any other solutions?!

Please help!

It is really frustrating.

i'm playing with:

- 18 civs (mine included)
- Huge map
- no revolutions
- no barbarian civs

machine:

Vista 32
4gb RAM
Geforce GT220
Core 2 Duo 3ghz

Also getting CTDs in late-game on Win7, running the 64bit version. Anyone had any joy at finding a Win7 fix?

Infuriating that I can run any game currently on the market, on full settings, but I can't fully run a 7yo strategy game because of its shoddy memory-handling issues :/

I get random CTDs as well. Auto-Save is your friend.

I get random CTDs as well. Auto-Save is your friend.

Auto-save doesn't help much when the crashes are every other turn in the late game. I might as well play a turn, continue to the next, then save, exit, and restart.

Have you tried installing as per my thread in at the top of this forum.

Game installs absolutely fine and runs without a problem - the CTD is a memory fault, and the same memory fault that the game has on XP and Vista. Only an issue in the later stages of the game, when most cities are visible and every player has hundreds of units.

Best fix for MAFs is a 64-bit OS and 6+ GB of RAM (4GB for Civ IV, and 2+ GB for Windows OS, etc.)

Top Bottom