How is the AI beating me to wonders, one turn before I get it?

Hey. Well today I had this game where I was going for a cultural victory. I had built a lot of wonders and was doing pretty well. Then one turn before I get the Notre Dame, someone builds it in a far land. Is the AI just cheating?

I mean, I have the +1 production pantheon, the extra production from liberty, the extra wonder production from tradition, the extra production from the golden age, tons of mines and the AI STILL beats me to the Notre Dame.

Needless to say, I just rage quit. How is the AI beating me to wonders? Are they cheating?

You are very late to researching Physics. I find that when an AI completes a wonder one turn before you do, more often than not, its because its a wonder that should have been built long ago.

ND is one of the easiest wonders to build if you make Physics a priority.

Either that or the pantheon start that you had could've had more production. Ancient Monuments could give you +15% production on ancient and classical wonders but ND isn't a ancient or classical wonder so that doesn't count.. Either way the added hammer from the pantheon should've had a good start for you. I wonder how that could've failed you though because AIs don't usually cheat. if you check and use a spy in enemy capital cities and watch, you will see that the AI indeed wonder spams fairly even if it has to uses great engineers.

Top Bottom